• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Only Hyrule?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I love Hyrule. It usuallyt has everything I ask for in an overworld, but I was thinking -
Why hasn't Nintendo ever included any other sort of Kingdoms?
I find it hard to believe that Hyrule is the only Kingdom in the entire world that exists. We don't know however because the Kingdom always seems to be walled in somehow.

This is of course excluding realms such as Termina, Koholint Island, and New Hyrule and such.

The point being, why are there never multiple Kingdoms or realms in one game? I don't like the idea of being boxed into one kingdom. Most of the tribes and races in Hyrule are (usually) peaceful towards each other, so why not have maybe a group of agressives from a bordering Kingdom attempt to invade Hyrule? Then it would vastly expand exploration and the size of the area to explore in.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
That would be a fun game to play with bordering kingdoms that oppose each other. It would be even better if Link was from a third, smaller, and more peaceful kingdom. It would be awesome to have Link thrown into the war and be forced to choose a side. That would be amazing!

Z

Zinx10

It would be a nice idea, but would it really fit into a Zelda game? I mean, the only game that doesn't fully follow the Zelda formula is Majora's Mask and some people hate it, while others like it.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I mean, the only game that doesn't fully follow the Zelda formula is Majora's Mask and some people hate it, while others like it.

HOW CAN YOU HATE MAJORA'S MASK?!

JK LOL, though another kingdom in Zelda would be interesting to see

Well we do know there are other kingdoms out there. In the original LoZ Link is a traveler who wanders into Hyrule. Also in Oox we see Holodrum and Labrynna which are obviously distant and separate kingdoms in Hyrule's greater world. It would be cool and interesting to see another kingdom in game next to Hyrule that we could visit. You could tie in a conflict or something of some sort. It would be pretty cool to see them tie in another kingdom somehow.

zeldatreasure

zeldatreasurechest
I think TP felt like a multi kingdom world. It was massive and going in and out of the twilight realm made it feel like you were traveling to a different world.

I love Hyrule as much as anyone, but I'd love to see another ''world'' as well in the Zelda series at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom