• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Online Shopping

Do you regularly shop online?

• Total voters

Ninja

Well well well
Hey all,

Do any of you use online shopping services like Amazon, eBay, or AliExpress?

I love using Amazon. I shop online a lot and the Amazon Prime membership pays for itself with the free two day shipping and $4 one day. Additionally, their customer service is top notch and I've been able to do returns hassle free. I don't really use Amazon for groceries too much though.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I don't buy much, probably because I am 14 years old, but don't feel like I need to go online when I do buy stuff when I could just bike walk or get driven over to the store and get the same thing for the same price minus the shipping and wait. Also I have had horrible luck with buying things online...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I only started buying stuff online recently, such as Christmas presents, and before that accessories for my Switch that I couldn’t reliably get in my area. I can’t really foresee myself buying anything else online unless it’s a special occasion.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I visit Amazon almost every day. I have prime so almost everything has free shipping. I buy literally everything through Amazon because its so simple to browse through their stuff. Most of the time they have exactly what I need $30 cheaper than in store. I've bought a pack of pens through Amazon if that tells you anything.

I also do it to avoid people. I work in retail and I get around 25-30 hours per week and that is enough stupidity for me to deal with.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don’t do any nowadays. I did in the past but I don’t purchase many things anymore in general. Even if I did, shipping costs to Australia are usually horrible...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to shop online quite a bit in the past but the last couple of years...not so much. It's not that there isn't anything I like, it's more me not being interested in buying stuff that much anymore.

Dan

I buy everything online and I mean everything I possibly can! From clothes, to fast food. I can't stand going into shops any more. The entire environment is archaic, disgusting and quite barbaric when you think about it.

When you go inside a store you have to contend with people blocking the isles as they think for 10 minutes about what flavour of milk they want to purchase. Screaming little rug monsters that quite frankly need a fathers discipline, of course he's no where to be found as he doesn't want his head to be bitten off by the mantis that is the non-working single mother that stinks of McDonalds and diapers.

We then have the pestering store assistants that are paid for GoD knows what, but you would think they are given a criteria to help x amount of people when the day finishes or they'll loose their job and soul. The moment you enter the store they are like a fly on **** and will ask if you need any help, to which I always respond "No, thank you, I'll come to you if I need it". of course they have a habit of forgetting as no doubt they are in zombie mode due to having no real function, and so repetitively come back to ask if you need help.

Shops are also incredibly unhygienic places to be in. Just think how many people go inside a shop every day, sometimes it can range in the thousands. With that fact in mind, think how many farts are unleashed in a shop every day, and the amount of fecal matter you breath in is a horrific amount. A fart travels 10 feet per second so there's no running away from them, believe me, I've tried. You may as well just ask someone to fart into your mouth, it's the same experience as going inside a shop. Don't even get me started on sweat we breath in from other more lewd places.

When you finally get through the above you have to then contend with the checkout process. A line that is guaranteed to at least have one old person in it that will hold up the entire queue for 15 minutes, but that's no problem we all say whilst secretly wanting him to have a heart attack so we can walk over him and finally purchase our goods and escape the hell hole that is the shop.

There's that person holding a single packet of 40p crisps that gets your hopes up. You think to yourself it will only take him a second to shoot out two 20p coins and be on his way. What a champion you think, what an honourable man to not steal peoples precious time. Hell no! First he wants a packet of cigarettes but due to new laws here in England they are no longer allowed to be on display at all times, so rather than viewing the selection of cigarettes on offer whilst waiting in line, you now have to make the decision whilst at the checkout. Of course it takes them an eternity to decide. After that he wants a lottery ticket and or scratch card which again must be dispensed at the checkout. There are 30 different scratch cards to choose from (STOP giving people choices for such mundane items). Cue the line "I think I'm going to win tonight" and its million other variations, accompanied by it's soul mate the awkward chuckle from the cashier who hasn't heard that a million times every day in the last 6 years he's been working there.

Finally you get to the last stage of the hellish process of buying goods from a shop. Every cashier I come across however is an aspiring comedian for some reason. All cashiers feel the need to make a comment about what I'm buying as the goods we buy are a part of our very nature, there's a connection of sorts. Like the sick manipulative sociopathic souless demons chasiers are they will exploit this and tell me that they think the strawberry harribos i'm buying are tasty... just leave me the **** alone and let me buy my strawberry sweets in peace and let me be on my way, I've suffered enough.

That's why I shop online and avoid having all my senses assaulted.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've recently started cutting down on my spending habits, but I definitely do the vast majority of my shopping online. Not only is it more convenient and easier to price compare to get the best deals, but many stores also throw in free shipping if you spend enough, plus for a geek like me it's harder to find some of the things I want in any local store. I also tend to get better value for my money and without the hassle of trying to find a local store that carries it. Sure, there will be waiting involved, but it's not a big deal.

Can'y imagine my life without online shopping. When I need something for a special occasion and when I start running out of things because they're so worn.
I'm a terrible shopper

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I dont trust online shopping youvcant hamdle the goods, make sure they're good quality...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I probably make over 90% of purchases online. Food shopping, most clothes, shoes and business supplies. I love the convenience of it. I only really visit the high street for meals out and drink.

Some people, like the act of shopping and going out and trying outfits and shoes on. Making a day of it. If I had friends that were into it then it might be fun. But they aren't. And for me I can't be bothered with the hastle of going into a physical store. I'd rather browse clothes online from the comfort of my home and then just order things that I like the look of.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like to shop online. My only problem with it is you aren't 100% certain with what you are getting. I still shop online frequently though since I don't have to ride my bike to a store and then hope they have what I need and then have to interact with a human being to purchase it. I have had too many instances with things I purchased online not being what I expected though...

I'm a regular customer at online shopping services like Amazon, eBay and AliExpress. I think it's very convy and doesn't take much time. Right now I'm looking for Nas for Plex and I've checked reviews about best nas on amazon, more info here. I always read reviews before buying, that's the easiest way to make the right choice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom