• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U One Thing to Improve This Game

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
WW is a polarizing game. While admittedly awesome when compared to non-Zelda games, the game has divided us. Many enjoy the ocean-adventure, cartoony style, and great puzzles. Others, me included, cry afoul at this poorly animated cartoon that has four unique dungeons, repetitive gameplay, and an ending that destroys everything the series is about except Link and Zelda. Some people consider this the worst of the 3D Zelda games. Please list one thing you think could improve this game and explain why.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Smarter AI (combat wise)
The game is just easy. From spamming Parry to mashing B to win, TWW marks the downfall of Zelda's combat. I don't even recall being snipped by a horde of Bokoblin in Savage Labyrinth! On a 3HC they should be deadly, but they're not? Why and because they are stupid. They don't know proper attack methods. Charging at the enemy at first sight would be smart if they a) dealt damage b) were quick and c) could coordinate attacks effectively. But they don't! So fix that in TWWHD eh?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The combat was definitely the easiest of the series, but really, since OoT and MM, the combat has always been easy, so it's not like this affected the status quo. The real issue was the sailing. Easy combat is forgivable, especially in Zelda, but spending the majority of the game sitting on my *** and NOT PLAYING is not. If they could have at least made it more fun like pH and ST, I'd be more OK with it. But you pretty much just pull our your sail, make a sandwich, heat up a poptart, and then you're halfway there. The other half is you sighing in annoyance and grabbing a beer before coming back and reaching your destination.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This was one of my favorite games, since it is actually the first I have ever played. I enjoyed it, but if I could change one thing it would have to be the Wind Temple and Earth Temple. I found them tedious how we had to constantly switch back and forth and back and forth into Medli or Makar. Perhaps if the Command Melody had a nicer tune to it than just a simple sound, it could be more enjoyable. But it wasn't. And I just wanted to rip my hair out.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
WW is a polarizing game. While admittedly awesome when compared to non-Zelda games, the game has divided us. Many enjoy the ocean-adventure, cartoony style, and great puzzles. Others, me included, cry afoul at this poorly animated cartoon that has four unique dungeons, repetitive gameplay, and an ending that destroys everything the series is about except Link and Zelda. Some people consider this the worst of the 3D Zelda games. Please list one thing you think could improve this game and explain why.

I liked WW until the end. I mean CAN YOU MAKE A STUPIDER WISH?! If I had known the king was going to pull that BS, i would have signed up with Ganon, he might want to rule the world, but at least he wanted to get rid of all the extra water. Its seriously like the 1 game you have to admit, Ganon was right in what he was trying to do.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I'd have to say that I have three major gripes with the Wind Waker.

First, the combat. Throughout the game it stays tremendously easy. The parry system, where you basically get to pwn an enemy before they even attack, felt broken in a game that already had easy combat and didn't need to made any easier.

Second, the Triforce quest at the end of the game sucked. It was a stupid fetch quest with lame mini-dungeons and filler content in place of actual dungeons. I would have much preferred the number of Triforce shards to be decreased and for them to be the end reward in REAL DUNGEONS. This kind of leads into my third gripe with TWW.

Lastly, the game was lacking content. Even on my first playthrough, I could tell where dungeons would have been that were left out. In TWWHD, I know it's highly unlikely, but I would love it if they had you complete a dungeon for Jabun's pearl and if the Triforce shards at the end were in dungeons.

Salem

SICK
1-changing wind directions should be faster
2-make sailing twice or three times as fast
3-being able to keep more than 3 pictures at once
4-giving the nintendo gallery guy more than 1 picture
these thing will help make the nintendo gallery far less tedious

I realised I talked about 4 things even though I think i'm only supposed to mention 1...

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Dude, it's SAILING. You can't ask them to speed it up, especially since you're in a tiny boat!

WW is my favorite game. For a second I was thinking, "Guys, there's nothing wrong with it..." But now that I think about it... The enemies were a bit too easy to defeat, but that's the only problem I have with it.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Sailing was by far the worst part of WW. Maybe it's just because I don't like oceans and sailing to begin with, but what's fun with sitting there twiddling your thumbs for 10 minutes while you just wait til you get to your destination? It all culminates with the Triforce Quest, which just comes out nowhere and stops the game until you go around to some various islands and pick up the pieces (an annoying process in and of itself). Maybe if they had spiced up the ocean parts of the game it would have been better; have pirate battles with strange and unique foes like smoke monsters and rubber men- aw crap I'm thinking about One Piece!

Skittles

Rainbows!
I liked the sailing...ummmm...

It needs more dungeons. Really, the problem is the same we have in MC. Neither of these games had enough dungeons, it's not that they're not good games, it's that there should have been more. Many people have said that Puppet Ganon is one of the hardest bosses in the series...period. If the combat were also tougher and if they added the lost content and, my goodness, some dungeons in Hyrule Proper. I would love to see a dungeon in old Hyrule under the waves that Link has to complete. Were their people frozen in time too? It need s more content, and there is a lot of room for there to be more content without damaging the story or the characters... It would probably add to it, I think...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Dude, it's SAILING. You can't ask them to speed it up, especially since you're in a tiny boat!

Rationalizing -- that's all this is, and that doesn't fly when judging game design. I used to say the same thing, but the fact of the matter is that slow travel should never be a part of gameplay, period, especially when the travel involves sitting there watching a whole lot of nothing go by.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
TWW, if you couldn't tell from me siggy, is my third favourite game in the series. If I had to add something to it though, I would make the optional islands bigger, with more to do on them. Maybe add another sidequest. Maybe change the PoH system to 5 hearts per container, and add a bunch. This would make it a lot more interesting, since the islands are all just tiny dots in a huge part of the sea, and they are too spread out. They should also decrease the overall size of the overworld. Not decrease the amount of islands necessarily, but make smaller gaps between the islands so the sailing doesn't take as long.

I would also improve the enemies. Hardly any enemies in this game actually gave me any trouble, which is a shame because they definitely had some potential. They should give the enemies more powerful weaponry, and drastically improve their AI. The enemies were so stupid that I could sometimes defeat even tough enemies like Darknuts without once getting hit.

Although not a huge part of the game, I think they should improve the Nintendo Gallery sidequest as well. Maybe increase our camera's memory space, and give multiple images to the figurine guy at once so it isn't as tedious.

Lastly, I'd improve the Triforce of Courage quest. They should make the challenges to get the Triforce Charts longer, to prove that we are actually noble enough to wield the Triforce of Courage. Not necessarily all combat based challenges, but they should at least test us in some way. It would certainly make the Triforce quest much more fun and entertaining.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
To me this felt like Half a Zelda game, and the way i used to think when i was younger, i simply DID NOT by a gamecube because of the Toony Graphics. Im grown past that now, and have played the game since on the wii, which i bought just to play the Game Cube Version of TP. this game simply lacks content and the story just sucks when it come to my standards i have set for the Legend of Zelda!

I am hoping that WWHD is less of a remake, and more of an enhancement cuz there are a lot of Flaws in the game, some of them NOT being whats been mentioned. The Companion Dungeons with Makar and Medli i loved. i thought that was a really cool mechanic that i wish the would elaborate on. they need more dungeons cuz its not even worth the money to have 4 or 5 dungeons, sailing is the only reason that game met the length in time as other Zelda titles. Heres to WWHD being more of an enhancement than a remake, Otherwise i wont be getting a Wii U till an actual NEW Zelda title comes out! However i need to get myself a 3DS ASAP, cuz its booming while the WiiU is Bombing

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Something with the sailing. I enjoyed it for the first little while, but, it tended to get a bit boring after a while, especially by the end when you had to hunt those Triforce pieces. I think perhaps more things to do and see in the world could have helped, Elder Scrolls-style, but, I don't really know. It just got boring for me, and that was one of the main toted elements of WW too, sailing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom