• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors One hit death stages

Here I am not talking about the all attacks are devistating stages. I am talking about the stages where the enemies take lots of hits to die but you die in one hit.
@Vanessa28 and everyone else, how do you deal with these stages?

I honestly struggle with them and don't really find them fun. Having to fight enemy heroes, knowing that one hit from them equals your death is really challenging. Sure the clocks exist but often it's just not practical or possible to use them. Usually I take it slow and hope I don't run out of time. And hope I don't die near the end.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Here I am not talking about the all attacks are devistating stages. I am talking about the stages where the enemies take lots of hits to die but you die in one hit.
@Vanessa28 and everyone else, how do you deal with these stages?

I honestly struggle with them and don't really find them fun. Having to fight enemy heroes, knowing that one hit from them equals your death is really challenging. Sure the clocks exist but often it's just not practical or possible to use them. Usually I take it slow and hope I don't run out of time. And hope I don't die near the end.
Try to get Magic Fountain+. That one is a life saver. the only thing I like about those stage is the 1200 ko restriction is gone. At the Wiiu version I always used item upgrades and used the bow to attack the commanders from a distance. At Legends I use Magic Fountain+. The huge advantage + has over the normal Magic Fountain is you can use it 3 times and ever time you activate it, you can use it for a minute. It will deal massive damage to the commanders and you won't get hit. There is one stage when you have to capture the enemy keeps and yep....in one of those keeps two damn cuccoos show up to battle each other. I wait till the battle is over and they calmed down and then I enter the keep and spam the Fairy Magic button like crazy. I always save one turn for the final boss. But damn these stages are soooo annoying!!!!

I hate these stages, too. One reason I loved being Ghirahim is that his first several weak attacks have really good range so I would just spam that while keeping a slight distance, in between dodging almost nonstop. It's more irritating when there's another hazard like beamos hanging out on the map though, and I gotta decide if I want to eliminate them beforehand or not. I usually try to but that can be a risky move in itself.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
They also frustrate me immensely. I could never beat them in HWL, but recently I did manage to do them in HWDX. My strategy was to keep my distance and just wait for them to expose their weak points. I would attack repeatedly to kind of encourage them to use special moves, but I would never commit to anything beyond 3 hits just in case. That, and combos that sweep the fields to keep enemies at a safe distance, was how I got through them. The clock items really didn't help much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom