• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

One Change

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Name one plot change you want to see in the upcoming Wind Waker HD. You want a less confusing ending? A connection to the other games? A deeper look into Ganondorf's motives? Anything will do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
More difficulty in TWWHD please. Make enemies a LOT smarter, deal more damage and basically crush us! ^^

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
I'd like to see some cameos pointing to Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. It doesn't have to be anything huge like a plot change. It would be neat to see Linebeck's ship sailing around the sea. You know, something to that effect. How about you?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
God it's hard to pick one...but I'll say sailing. Either make it much shorter or give us combat similar to PH and ST's. That could make sailing so much more bearable for me...hell, that would warrant my purchase of the game, really.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I did ask for plot changes, so here's one. I want Ganondof's motives to get more than three sentences. It's time for him to become a deep villain. Now more than ever is this needed, for he has to prove he isn't just a reincarnation of Demise who lacks free will.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I did ask for plot changes, so here's one. I want Ganondof's motives to get more than three sentences. It's time for him to become a deep villain. Now more than ever is this needed, for he has to prove he isn't just a reincarnation of Demise who lacks free will.

Actually...that bugged me in Wind Waker. If it had been a different person, I'd be thrilled...but this contradicts Ganondorf. If it were a different incarnation of Ganondorf, I'd understand...but this is the same bloodthirsty Ganondorf who wanted to destroy the land (they even say this in Wind Waker too) and suddenly loves Hyrule.

Actually...that bugged me in Wind Waker. If it had been a different person, I'd be thrilled...but this contradicts Ganondorf. If it were a different incarnation of Ganondorf, I'd understand...but this is the same bloodthirsty Ganondorf who wanted to destroy the land (they even say this in Wind Waker too) and suddenly loves Hyrule.

I personally think that Ganondorf started with good intentions at the beginning but as he reads more about the power of the Triforce and how to get it, he became more unhinged and mad with power. It's only after suffering a defeat from Link and losing Hryule twice that Ganondorf began to reconsider his desire. It wouldn't surprised me if he read something about Demise's curse and prophecy and came to the conclusion that he is the incarnation of Demise's Hatred and thus the rightful heir to the Demon Tribe.

Anyway, the one change I want for the Wind Waker is perhaps change the Triforce Quest. Maybe allowing the option of having the Triforce Hunt occur cuncurrrently with the two dungeons of Wind Waker or turning the Triforce quest into a dungeon. I don't know exactly how it could be done, but I have seen concept art of Wind Waker Link walking in Hyrule Underwater with Water Boots in Hyrule Historia as well as a boss that uses a giant roller. If they could incorporate that in the game, I would be amazed.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I see no logic in a plot change....it's not like it's a different game. It is still the Wind Waker, but with prettier graphics. If Nintendo was thinking of plot ideas, then it would make more sense for said plot ideas to be used in a future Zelda game and not in one that has already come to pass. The only time adding plot to a remake of a game is if it was a game that started out with very little plot. The only game I can really think of at the moment is Final Fantasy III.

Final Fantasy III was developed before plot was really an issue in games. Back then people were concerned about making a game that had good gameplay. Plot wasn't really necessary for something to be successful....just a fun game. Mario never really had a plot, Zelda didn't really have a plot, plots were always kind of second nature. When Final Fantasy II was re-released for the Nintendo DS, Square Enix thought thought it would be a good idea to actually give names to the 4 protagonists as well as adding some back-stories. All of this makes sense as the game had very little plot initially.

Wind Waker on the other hand was developed after this plotless era in gaming. It was given it's own story, which may not be one of the best stories in existence, is still a good story for a Zelda game. To go back and change what happened in the game.....well honestly that's just stupid. Imagine if you read a book as a kid and you really liked the book. A couple of years pass and the book is re-released with a new edition. Is that book going to have plot changes? No! (Unless there's some weird censorship thingy and blah blah blah....stupid stuff.) I see literally no benefit in changing the story or adding plot points or changing plot points. The only thing that I see coming out of that is alienating fans of the original game. If you want to make a new story then do just that....make a new damn story and don't change the original.

I don't want to say this is a stupid question as I feel that's rather rude and insensitive, but I can't help but voice my opinion that this is a rather pointless question. A better question in my opinion would have been "What changes in the game would you like to see?" Adding some extra content such as optional dungeons, boss gauntlet, harder difficulty...those things are things that could be talked about and/or debated. I just feel that trying to add/change plot points to a game released for the Gamecube is just silly. It's already got a fantastic story.....and even if it didn't.....I still see no reason that the story should be changed.

Changing the story in my mind isn't really a remake, but rather a re-imaging. It's more on the lines of movies that use the same idea...but change a few things. Some example being the Karate Kid, any Super Hero movie (revamping and what not), True Grit, and The Day the Earth Stood Still to name a few. Needless to say, re-imagings are done all the time. When one media form is converted to another, there is often a little wiggle room in the telling of the story and that's fine. That being said, I don't see the point in doing this with a game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
More difficulty in TWWHD please. Make enemies a LOT smarter, deal more damage and basically crush us! ^^

That's really not what Zelda is about. Zelda II may have had those kinds of enemies, but that was pretty common on the NES, and Zelda II is actually a lot easier than most other difficult NES titles. Zelda's a series that tries to reach out to all audiences, so brutalizing difficulty would go completely against that. The enemies in The Wind Waker DO need to be made tougher, but not like you're saying. Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword's level is ideal.

I don't want any plot changes and can't think of any without sounding sarcastic. How long did it take for KoRL to get to Windfall after picking Link up and why does Tetra lose her tan when she turns into Zelda?

Really WW's plot is fine the way it is =]

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Personally I would love to see 2 things..

For one like some people have mentioned TWW is one of the more easier Zelda titles out, so how about a Master Quest? This will give even the most experienced WW player's a new perspective with a mirrored map! Also if they add new puzzles in Dungeons as well as enemies and bosses dealing more damage this could significantly raise the games challenge and replayability!

Another change I would like to see is more of a trading significance....As the treasures in TWW such as the pendants beared little importance and we mearly used as a collection aspect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom