• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Once upon a time you used to be a fan and now you....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
....are still a fan or you aren't.
Let's talk about things/people/franchises you used to be a fan of and aren't anymore. It can be anything. Heck it could even be about knitting. Who the heck cares!
I'm one of the oldest members on the forums and that's no secret. I was a teenager in the 80's. I used to be a big fan of Madonna back then and heck I don't feel ashamed of it. That was back then and I enjoyed every sec of it. I still listen to her music today. But of course very limited. Now I wanna talk about fandomism (right word?). Are you still a fan of whatever you used to be a fan of when you were younger? Share your stories!

Last edited:
Music in general is something i've fallen compmetely out of touch with and i used to buy a lot of it. I'd used to buy different versions of albums just to get B-sides.

But now, I dont care.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly i used to be a big ass fan of Doctor Who (who knew eh) but now it's turned me off completely, the way they botched the most recent series and (what felt like) actively screwing the first female lead really soured it.

She could've been so damned good but nope had to get the political agenda started right away with 3 companions, yeah Matt Smith did but even then it wasn't from the get go it eased us into it and instead Chibnall rammed 3 companions down our throat right off the bat no acclimatization or anything of the kinda (yeah i've heard of moving from one normal to another)

Then we have the plots which really aren't stellar or great for that matter, hell one was even ripped from an earlier series and adjusted for this one (spiders of Meteblis 3 anyone), i stuck with it for a few episodes but i just gave up after they started doing the pollitical episodes, yeah it's good to go back and revisit past stuff but it literally ends up with history taking place anyway theres not really any "good" outcome. This from the series who since the new who started has been trying to remodel the Doctor into a mini superman with a portaphonebooth as good as.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The Super Mario series in general. I wouldn’t say I’m no longer a fan completely but I don’t buy the new games anymore since I rather dedicate my little gaming time elsewhere nowadays.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This has happened to me with many things. I was a pretty big fan of the Pokemon anime when I was a kid, but I grew out of it a lot faster than most kids who were my age.

Spongebob Squarepants used to be hands down my favorite cartoon, but I grew out of it. This wasn't really my fault, though, eventually it actually got bad and that was why I lost interest. At the show's height it seemed to appeal to both the young and the old.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Was a huge fan of "Diary of a wimpy kid" . But looking back, I realised with a sense of remorse thatI've outgrown it before 3 years or so .
I wish I could go back to my childhood when I enjoyed DoWK
-20190831_210202.jpg

Last edited:
I used to be a fan of My Little Pony:FiM, and I don't have anything against it and it still holds a special place in my heart but I just don't really care about it anymore and haven't watched many of the newer seasons

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
This has happened to me with many things. I was a pretty big fan of the Pokemon anime when I was a kid, but I grew out of it a lot faster than most kids who were my age.

Spongebob Squarepants used to be hands down my favorite cartoon, but I grew out of it. This wasn't really my fault, though, eventually it actually got bad and that was why I lost interest. At the show's height it seemed to appeal to both the young and the old.
me too :confused:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I saw my friends playing magic and got hooked. Played it as much as I could ever since 2012. It was unreal to have a game that was basically
"this is a game for you. Literally everything we did is just for you."

Now it's different.
"this is a game for everyone. Some of the stuff is for you, but there's a lot you don't care about."
it makes me sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom