• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler On The Origin of Dragons... [Endgame spoilers]

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
...By Means of Swallowing Secret Stones, Or The Preservation of The Master Sword in The Struggle for Hyrule

So the cat's out of the bag on this one
Swallowing a Zonai secret stone allows transformation into a dragon, which undoubtedly has many symbolic and cultural aspects to it that I'm missing because I know zip about japan, but I know yall will fill in the gaps on that one for me

The obvious implication here is that the three dragons were once Zonai, or at the very least had secret stones that they then swallowed (having secret stones probably means you're Zonai). Mineru's knowledge of the subject could be informed by the three dragons we see roaming Hyrule.

FwdL_K6aMAAB3eq

R.57c1f8a2f66046b898e43406d16e68ca

FwdL_K6aYAEUSQi

The figure in the relief could feasibly be Farosh; either way, the costume being a zonai relic and sharing such a resemblance to Farosh is, in my mind, a confirmation that the three dragons were indeed Zonai
it's possible given some of the architecture in the Faron region that the dragons predate the Zonai and Farosh was worshipped by some Zonai
another possibility is that the figure in the relief is actually link and the carving is a prophecy or instruction directly meant for link

But the first explanation seems most likely to me, especially given the evidence by Zelda that the transformation into a dragon leaves you with a nearly identical form to the dragons. The question is, why did they become dragons, and who were they before? Has anyone found hints in the game regarding Dinraal or Naydra? Were they sages at one point?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The labyrinths...
The lomei labyrinths were created by three different beings, represented by an owl, a boar, and a dragon (probably a nod to wisdom, power, and courage)
Since dragon is already one of the aspects it's unlikely that the labyrinths and dragons are connected. But the possibility is there. The zonai seem to have a special relationship with farosh, but I don't know how it all fits together yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom