• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

On Nov 6...

No, it's called Master Chief had his trilogy. It's time to move on.

Absolutely not. The Halo 3 legendary ending revealed Master Chief travelling towards an unknown planet (given Halo 4's narrative, I presume Forerunner) leaving the table open for future development. 343 either could have let the Master Chief be and allow players to imagine what happens to the Chief afterwards or continue the saga. The company chose the latter. It's obviously a business venture but as a gamer and Halo fan, I'm pleased with this choice. The campaign doesn't appear a forced addition to the story arch but rather a smooth transition to a new trilogy, bringing with it new and intriguing conflicts.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I'm going to be getting it launch day, but I am not very excited for it at all. For me it's just...there. Considering Assassins Creed 3 and Black Ops 2 are right next to it on release is probably the reason why.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don't have a particular fondness for shooters. Yes, I am awful at them but I find that since it takes me so long to make it through the levels of one of those games, the story (if one is even there to be found) is lost on me because there is a very good possibility that I saw the previous cut scene 2 weeks ago.

I much prefer adventure games and have recently entered the world of JRPGs with the Wii releases of Fragile Dreams ~Farewell Ruins of The Moon~, Padora's Tower, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story being not just the first JRPGs I've played but the first RPGs that I have ever had the patience to play through to the end.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm not really sure how I feel about halo 4. Like, I want an up to date halo game so that playing with friends is sure to happen, but not on launch.

If people talk highly of the campaign I might end up picking it up after it's release when it has come down in price. At some point in my gaming past I might have cared more about multiplayer, but these days what I really look for in a game is an interesting and developed world to get lost in. So I can't really justify the $60 for this game initially unless the campaign is really well done. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but the multiplayer is a non-factor for me. I don't even have a Xbox Live Gold subscription as I'd never use it.

The previous Halo games that I've played were interesting enough to warrant a playthrough. Guess we'll wait and see how this one turns out!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
If people talk highly of the campaign I might end up picking it up after it's release when it has come down in price. At some point in my gaming past I might have cared more about multiplayer, but these days what I really look for in a game is an interesting and developed world to get lost in. So I can't really justify the $60 for this game initially unless the campaign is really well done. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but the multiplayer is a non-factor for me. I don't even have a Xbox Live Gold subscription as I'd never use it.

The previous Halo games that I've played were interesting enough to warrant a playthrough. Guess we'll wait and see how this one turns out!

If you're looking to get lost into a great campaign, then Halo is what you're looking for. Personally, I've always seen Halo as The Legend of Zelda of FPS. The fiction is massive, the environments are breathtaking, the characters are memorable, and the music is amazing.

Also, the live action launch trailer looks awesome!
[video=youtube_share;THScfHqUoZA]http://youtu.be/THScfHqUoZA[/video]

octorok74

TETTAC
Thank you Turo for that video. I couldn't watch it on my 360. I like how it shows bits of John's life. I can not wait for it. I just have to make sure I focus on my finals when the time comes.

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that
No, it's called Master Chief had his trilogy. It's time to move on.

Master Chief is kind of a dry character, but he's badass.

I've played two Halo games--the first and the second. The second had some great ideas and a number of improvements, but I hated playing as the Arbiter! It always felt satisfying to get back behind Master Chief's helmet.

I think it'd be a mistake to release a numbered sequel without the main character.

Yeah, I don't give a crap about multiplayer either. Halo 1 and 2 were decent but not exceptional single-player shooters. Nowhere near Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Doom, or Bioshock (which, from what I hear, was itself inferior to System Shock 1 and 2).

I'd pay $30 for a similar experience (and I did the first two times), but not $60. I don't really know where the series has gone since then, though; maybe it's single player missions have been more fleshed out.

Last edited:

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Not me, I'll be preparing for November 13th..

black ops 2!

Waiting? Lol i have mine already!
ghost-recon-future-soldier_title.jpg

Halo 4 actually is the only thing I regret selling my Xbox360 for. :kawaii:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom