• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler "OMG" Moments in Zelda!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sorry if there is a thread similar to this one....

What moment in any Zelda game or even a trailer made you go "OMG"? For me there is a few:

-First encounter with Fyrus in Twilight Princess

-When I found ot that Ghirahim was actually a sword

-When Ganondorf turned into Ganon in Ocarina of Time

-Midna shattering the mirror

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;z0Xnv6LQGRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Xnv6LQGRw[/video]

Gets me every time.

015.jpg
“TO THE FINDER… THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT , IS BUT AN ILLUSION… HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY… A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER’S EYE… AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE… CASTAWAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH!”
I will post any more OMG Moments when I think of one!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Perhaps there should be a spoiler tag on this thread, but...

When Tetra turned out to be Zelda in WW. It was my second game so it wasn't so obvious to me. I wasn't even particularly aware of the significance of Zelda, I just knew that Tetra turning out to be a princess was one hell of a revelation.

Done :)

I got another OMG Moment! When I realized that Link wan't Zelda. :(

Nah. I never thought that, though. My OMG Moment was the whole SS Ending (Bosses, Credits, etc.) which JJ already posted the video. :)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Sheik being Zelda

Midna being Twilight Princess

Midna breaking the Mirror

Ganondorf transforming

Ganondorf "killing" Midna.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
- Majora's Mask: the Oath to Order is finally played in full, the Four Giants come to hold the Moon's collision at bay...but then the Mask of Majora discards Skullkid, its "puppet", and gets sucked into the Moon.

- Twilight Princess: Link meets Ilia at Ordon Spring to retrieve Epona before setting out to present the village's sword to Zelda, but then King Bulblin charges into the Spring and abducts Ilia. When Link wakes up he pursues the marauders, only to encounter an unearthly wall of Twilight. Before he can do anything a breaks through the Twilight, seizes him, and jerks him beyond the pall.

- Skyward Sword: At last the Time Gear activates and Link steps into the Past. At the other end is Zelda, who explains her motives, says that she "manipulated" Link, and that she's sorry for putting him through this. Afterwards she encases herself in a crystal and locks herself in a room, while Link bangs on the doors in disbelief.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Wind Waker

The first time I ever went under the waves and saw Hyrule I was blown away. The atmosphere was so thick, the whole scene so stylised and the revelation so shocking that it was hard not to be floored by it. It still excites me to this day and no doubt will continue to into the future.

Majora's Mask

Two from this. First up, seeing the Moon fall and destroy the world. Link being blasted away by the force of it, then fade to black, that giggle, "You've met with a terrible fate... haven't you?"
Second, seeing the Moon fall and the Giants rise up and catch it before throwing it back up into the sky, "The Dawn of a New Day", the wedding, forgiveness... Magic.

A Link to the Past

Putting an end to Ganon and going into the chamber behind him, finding the Triforce and seeing Link actually touch it with his actual hands. I was only just 6 years old when I first saw this and after owning the game for two years before ever actually finishing it, this was the most perfect ending and my little mind blown wide open ^^

Aside from the TP reveal trailer at E3 2004, nothing in Zelda has given me an 'OMG' reaction...

Well there are two but they aren't strictly omg.

1. Seeing TP Zelda for the first time - omg... dayum!
2. Seeing True form Midna for the first time - omg... dayum!

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
When Hylia= Zelda and she closed herself ina crystal, with Link having his hands on it, like "I was so close.... and I couldn't save her." :kawaii:

Minda= Twilight Princess

Midna breaking the Mirror

WW Hyrule :O

PH=Zelda/Tetra being turned to stone

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
-Way too many moments in TP to count, but the Eldin Bridge duel and the magnetism for the iron boots are the most memorable.

-For ST, the commercial actually did get me excited. For one reason and one reason only... they had the "you did something" noise. dodododododododo. I wasn't even paying attention and my neck broke so hard when it rang. "Zelda?"
The actual game itself... dat ending. I still can't believe how the game manipulated the player by playing the most important song over and over in the opening cutscene, but not let you use it until the very end. There wasn't even a hint that you would use it! That entire ending fight, cutscenes and all, had me in awe... but that song was just something else.

In Ocarina of Time Masterquest:

In the Shadow Temple, there's a room near the end where you're locked in but there's no obvious monster or anything. I used the Lens of Truth but there still wasn't anything threatening, just a darker patch on the floor. I bombed it and a Dead Hand shot up out of the ground... I wasn't expecting that at all :lol:

And also, of course, the now infamous "Not Take Mirror" moment. :lol:

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
Midna destroying the mirror in TP
When i found out Tetra was Zelda in WW
-When you found out you can become a deku, goron, and zora in MM! (such a great game)
-When Midna sacrifices herself after killing Ganon in kind of wolf form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom