• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Omega War Game Thread

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Forum Volunteer
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Location
Stomp
Gender
Male
Rushe steps out of the portal into a new, but somewhat familiar land. He has been to these before, but not this particular one.

He looks around, and sees empty fields of Corn (He knows what corn is) that is blowing in the wind.

He is on an empty road. It is old and worn, clearly never having been repaired since it was made. He looks to his left, and sees the road go straight for miles up a long hill. He does a 180, and sees straight road as far as the eye can see. No cars are in sight. No one saw him come.

He turns back to the other side of the road, and begins heading towards the horizon of the hill
 

Libk

Spaceballs, The Mafia Player
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Location
Spaceballs 1
Karina pulls out an ear piece and then starts fiddling with a phone tuning into police channels. "Of course I'm up to this." Though she wasn't actually too sure about that. "Look it's not like we're..." but Karina cut herself off rather abruptly as she listened to the radio. There was an attack on a science building near here and the attacker wasn't taking hostages? What was he after? "We have to go. Just tune in, meet me there." Karina engulfed herself in flames and fly off in the direction of the science building, noting several emergency vehicles heading off towards the building as well.

---

James liked the idea of trying to make the other speedster slip. The team learned real fast that the speedster qas the most important player in these games, and also the most targrted. Generally a gane was determined based on who still had a speedster in the game, thus attacking them and protecting them was the job of the other players.

There were actually a lot of rules regarding number of power users, like only one if a power type to a team, but there weren't many rules on how you use them. "Panriil, we're subbing you out. Thea, try to trip the speedster but make it obvious. While she's doing that, ice up the court. Thea and I will lead him to your ice patch. Got it?"
 

Pen

The game is on!
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Location
Sweden
While he didn't like to show it or express it, Panriil felt somewhat redundant and unnecessary to the team when he had to sub out right before the big play. He had felt similarly regarding his powers and his contribution to the team over the past year; like he couldn't do as much as the others. He had suppressed these feelings and he intended on continuing doing that, though he couldn't help but wonder why they still kept him around.

"Very well, chief. Go get 'em!" he told James as very faint wind blew through Panriil's hair.
 

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Forum Volunteer
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Location
Stomp
Gender
Male
Rushe continues walking up the road until he gets to the top.

He looks back at how far he traveled, and notes that it was a long way. Even with the new vantage point, he sees only corn fields and endless road.

He sits down and takes out his knife, waiting for an automobile. He fiddles with his weapon
 

DekuNut

Emperor of Rigel
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Location
Tangent Universe
Samson sighs and s quashes his cigarette under his feet. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a cigar instead and lights up. Flipping on his police scanner, he grumbles a little about the distraction. But it sounds like something someone needs to work on, and who knew what the others were doing.
Reaching the garage, he pulls out an old bike and jumps on it.
Easier than dealing with traffic when things were going wrong.

"His real name isn't known. Omega is more of a rank than a real name. I think it's supposed to be symbolic... of the end."
Jason sighs, "I guess if you're right, we don't really have much choice... I know I'm in. I just hope you're lying through your teeth, for the sake of what it means if you're right."

Brandon Ostberg stares at the ring in his hand, flipping it over. The ring is haunting, but he can't take his eyes off of it. Memories of his years with Anthony spin through his head. He knew the ring was his friend's source of power, but he'd never looked too closely at it. Even without the power, he understood why he'd loved the ring so much. It was ornately crafted, with magnificent designs on the sides. Every time he looked he found a new perfect detail, drawing his mind to focus even more on the structure in front of him...
 

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Forum Volunteer
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Location
Stomp
Gender
Male
Rushe sees a vehicle come towards him. He stands up in the middle of the road and waves his arms about to attract the driver's attention.

The driver slows to a stop. She is a middle aged woman dressed in casual clothes, but clearly is not from around the area.

Rushe walks to the car, and watches the lady roll down the window.

"Excuse me ma'am, but would you mind giving me a lift down that road? I need to be headed that way, and fast."

The lady sees that Rushe has no face. "You need a hospital for the face? God, that looks bad! WHat happened? Hop on in, and quick!"

Rushe drops his knife on the ground. As he picks it up, he slashes a tire quietly with a small sharp rock he picked up.

"Hold on, ma'am it looks like my shoes are untied", he said.

The lady isn't paying attention to Rushe. She dials 911 on her smartphone, gets out of her car, and looks down the hill. She calls for an ambulance. As she does this, Rushe begins to expertly loosen the bolts of the other tires (He turned invisible). Distracted, the lady in the car doesn't even notice.

"Hello, 911? Yes, I am in a 2010 Honda Civic driving down Eltonberry road in Eastern Wyoming, and I need an ambulance, quick. Bring Everything. It's bad. I can't even begin to tell you how bad it is! Yes, we'll meet you in the middle. Thanks."

Rushe turns back to visible and enters the car. He doesn't strap his seatbelt, but she does.

"alright, let's get you to medical care", she says.

The car begins to go down the hill. It quickly gains speed. About halfway down the hill, Roshe opens the door quickly, and jumps out onto the road, getting scraped up bad in the process, but not too bad.

The lady sees this, and screams. As she quickly investigates, she loses hold of the wheel and the tires all fall off except the slashed one, and the car tumbles down the hill dramatically, rolling and rolling until it reaches the bottom. The car catches fire in the remains of the front. The lady, Rushe assumes, is dead.

He brushes himself off and walks back up the hill, this time, continuing wlking
 

Pen

The game is on!
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Location
Sweden
Lionel massages his forehead with the thumb and index finder of his right hand, but stops before speaking again. "So we know this Omega is on his way to Earth, but we don't know how much time we have to prepare. For all we know he could be here already. Of course I'm in as well. When the stakes are higher than ever before we don't really have a choice."

***

"Doctor? Doctor Ostberg? Hey Brandon, are you alright?" Benedikt asks with some concern in his eyes. "Your gaze has been fixed on that ring a lot lately. Is there anything you'd like to talk about? I mean, I'm no doctor like you, but you lent me an ear when I needed it. I just mean that I want to be there for you if there ever is something weighing you down."
 

DekuNut

Emperor of Rigel
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Location
Tangent Universe
"Thank you guys," Brian told them, "Anyways, our first course of action is probably to invade Zeta's warehouse and learn what we can. See who's there, take them down before they become a threat. See what we can learn from them. It's the only lead we have, unless anyone here has a better idea," he let his shoulders relax some. The conversation had started as expected, but happily it hadn't ended there, and they'd been willing to listen despite his... questionable relationship to the team. Comet specifically.

Star Tower, Penthouse 7, Avalon Square, Avalon Falls, MA 30 June 2018
"Because the Vatican holds power using religion, which makes people listen to them. You hold a power that's waning every day, and a public ire that would make no nation in all of Western Europe or North America support you. And besides, you never publicly laid claim to the land in any way. It's honeslty kind of ridiculous that Ireland has to annex the city," Alicia Ferri had chosen to go the spoon route with her rice. She just had no idea how chopsticks worked and didn't feel like learning. There were better ways to spend her time.
Like apparently teaching this millionaire heir international law. He was definitely an intelligent guy, but growing up in a community like he had left him a little brainwashed to their importance and abilities, and in their overall place in the world, and he wsa having a hard time fathoming, it seemed, just how much had changed in so little time. She almost felt sorry for her employer.
Almost.
"Just send Ambrose to do it I think. It's a foregone conclusion, there's nothing you can do to stop it, and really it's all just symbolic anyways. You have more pressing matter to take care of out here. You don't need those kinds of distractions, and I really don't want to be doing your job for you while you prance around in Ireland."

Benedikt's words snapped Brandon out of his trance, causing him to glance upwards, "Sorry. I'm fine. Just... thinking. Thanks for checking though," he gave a small smile to his friend, but his eyes slowly returned to the ring, "I just miss them. Alan and Anthony both."
 
Last edited:

Storm

Creature of The Night
Joined
Sep 10, 2011
Location
Hell
"Youre right Alicia. Merlin. You go and do it"
"As you wish, Art"
Merlin heads for the Elevator and heads for his room to pack
"So whats the next Task at hand, Secretary"
The secretary smiles. Her blouse down three buttons and her Black hair in a messy bun held by the chopsticks
"Well Sir, next order of business is that Meeting In Sparta with Thomas Acheron
 

DekuNut

Emperor of Rigel
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Location
Tangent Universe
Alicia gave an angry sigh, "Do you have any plans that take place for actually running this company? Or is all your effort focused on keeping together this collapsing Order? It's all falling apart, and no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to get it back to where it was. The company, though, you can save. But it's in a bad place right now; if you continue to ignore it, you'll lose them both. You realize that don't you?" she was getting angrier with each word. She came in to help him get off the hook and help lead the company the right way, but this... cult or whatever it was took all his time. She didn't want to watch all her hard work go down the drain because this guy couldn't get it together.
 

Storm

Creature of The Night
Joined
Sep 10, 2011
Location
Hell
"Well Alicia. As you can tell theres not many investors at the door. Tell me the best course of action then, Legal Aide
 

Pen

The game is on!
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Location
Sweden
"I agree," Lionel starts. "The warehouse seems to be our best bet right now. Any information and any kind of advantage will be useful, perhaps even necessary. I'm going to my lab to get a few things. I'll be ready to leave in just a couple of minutes."

***

"I know," Benedikt said and put his hand on Brandon's shoulder. "Of course you miss them. I do too, though I didn't know them for as long as you did..." Ben knew Brandon's pain very well. While he didn't feel it as strongly now, he had felt it very strongly when he was younger and his lifelong friends started dying of old age while he himself had physically barely left his teens. Close people dying had been virtually unavoidable throughout his life, so while he was indeed very saddened by the loss of Alan and Anthony, he had grown somewhat numb to the situation. He was simply used to it. But he could relate completely with how Brandon was feeling currently.
 

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Forum Volunteer
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Location
Nintendo Memeverse
Gender
A Mellophone Player... Mellophonista?
the two pull up to the building. the police had created a blockade. Lynn gets out of the car but then looks back inside. "Stay in here Bren, it's not safe. I'll go in and check things out. if anything happens, check the glove box." Bren nods to her and then puts in his earpiece. Lynn does the same, and then runs off towards the entrance.

A police officer stops her before she goes in. "ma'am, you need to get out of here! this building isn't safe." the clock was ticking for any survivors trapped in that building.
"I don't have time for this." she says with a grimace and thrusts her hands toward the ground. two bright blue explosions propel her into the air and through an broken window. when she lands, she is taken aback by the carnage around her. no one was left alive. bodies everywhere, blood spray on the walls, the sight would push all but the worst to their limit. Lynn is horrified, this image would keep her up at night for a long time. presently, she grits her teeth and charges up the stairs. she had to save those who were left.
"they are all dead," she says into the comm, "But I think he's still in here somewhere, I'm gonna keep going up."

as she continues going up, she hears the sound of gunshots just a few floors up. this was it, she gritted her teeth and prepared for the worst/
 

Libk

Spaceballs, The Mafia Player
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Location
Spaceballs 1
Karina arrived to the scene and landed next to the police officers who were surrounding the entrances. Several of the officers gasped, seeing her arrive. "Sun Forger. I thought you retired?" A few of them approached her as she pulled out one of her daggers.

"I'm not sun forger anymore. That doesn't matter. What's going on here?" She looked up at the building, noting a few broken windows and most of the lights were out. It looked like the situation had already gotten fairly bad. She then noticed a car with a a young man sitting inside of it, seemingly watching the situation. She noted where he was, then listened to the officers.

"Well uh... we're not really sure who's up there, but we've heard several gunshots and checked the first few floors finding no survivors. We think the attacker may be up to the fifth by now. He's refusing to negotiate."

"Sounds like a tough situation. Any powers?"

"We're not sure. We haven't seen them yet. Oh but a girl just went up there. Powers. Never seen her before. We were unable to stop her."

Karina gripped her dagger tightly, angry to hear someone carelessly went to tty and stop a potentially dangerous criminal without any help or scope of the situation. She flew up to the highest floor with a broken window and saw the girl start up the stairs. She chased after the girl, waving her hand to bend the railing to block her and get her attention without making much noise.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom