• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Olympics Are you watching or no?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I haven't been following super hard, but if they're on and the USA is playing in whatever event, then heck yes I'm watching and cheering them on.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Nope! Never been interested in any sort of sports, not even e-sports. Some people think that that's weird, they say "But I thought you liked video games?". Well, I do, but I couldn't care less about people competing in it. I like them because of gameplay, story and characters. Games have never been about "being the best" for me
So no, just as with any sport, I'm not watching the olympics XD

Nope! Never been interested in any sort of sports, not even e-sports. Some people think that that's weird, they say "But I thought you liked video games?". Well, I do, but I couldn't care less about people competing in it. I like them because of gameplay, story and characters. Games have never been about "being the best" for me
So no, just as with any sport, I'm not watching the olympics XD
Must've been the last of the last to get picked due to how bad ya were. Huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jk jk

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I normally really enjoy watching the Olympics but this year I haven't really watched them because I don't really support them being held during a pandemic and in a country where the Covid cases are pretty high and their country doesn't have the highest vaccine rate so I just don't think it was a smart idea because it puts a lot of people at risk and I'm disappointed that they didn't make it mandatory for all those that were competing to get the vaccine.

Also with the things that I have heard about Gymnastics (which is generally the event I love to watch the most) and how current and past athletes have been treated it's hard for me to watch that.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Never cared to watch them. I couldn’t be less interested if I tried. Doesn’t matter how special or important the Olympics are, they’re still sports and thus still boring. I am not following them at all, and with the way I’m hearing they treat their athletes, I’m glad I’m not.

Here and there, but fairly sparsely, because I only have tv access after my dad goes to bed, and there's other stuff I've been watching. Some events are a bit easier for me to follow than others, though, and I like seeing the running, swimming and gymnastics events the most. The appeal of the Olympics for me is just people from all over the world just being super genuine toward one another, and seeing people from different teams just hug each other after one wins gold. It's pure and wholesome when we usually get coverage of bad things anymore, and it's good to be reminded of good things and good people.

Also, #TeamCockroach.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've been watching them usually over dinner. Makes for good lockdown viewing and Australia is doing pretty well, 6th place on the medal tally ain't bad for a country with 25 million people.

Also the opening ceremony I thought was fairly decent given they had to key it down for COVID-safe reasons.

I thought this Sport Pictogram part was pretty cool and very Japan:

If it weren't for COVID I would have been there in person to see the opening ceremony and other sports. Now that Brisbane Australia has been confirmed as the 2032 Summer Olympic Games host I guess I'll get another chance then. Also Sapporo, Japan are bidding for the 2030 Winter Olympics so there is still hope for a non-COVID impacted Japanese Olympics in my eyes. I usually visit Sapporo yearly and wouldn't hesitate to head over there for an Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom