• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oled or Led?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Definitely OLED. The colors are more vibrant and the screen just looks better under direct sunlight. Unfortunately, I don't like it so much that I'm willing to pay an exuberant price for an OLED television or Switch. And since OLED was mentioned, it's worth bringing up this meme again. :eyes:

h0hyi08ezm971.jpg

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Definitely OLED. The colors are more vibrant and the screen just looks better under direct sunlight. Unfortunately, I don't like it so much that I'm willing to pay an exuberant price for an OLED television or Switch. And since OLED was mentioned, it's worth bringing up this meme again. :eyes:

h0hyi08ezm971.jpg
I also saw QLED mentioned somewhere. What's that?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I also saw QLED mentioned somewhere. What's that?
That I don't actually know. A cursory Google search seems to indicate that they're effectively LEDs capable of transmitting a "purer" level of RGB lighting in relation to black levels (so on screen black will actually look black). I don't recall seeing one in person, so that's about as far as my expertise goes.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
do you mean the individual technology or the models themselves?
well, either way, it doesn't matter too much. Apparently OLED technology means the screen consumes significantly less power, which is a huge deal for a portable gaming console.
modelwise I prefer the OLED for the noticeably larger screen and more reliable kickstand

Stitch

AKA Patrick
OLED essentially means that every pixel has its own light source, so when it is off, it is a true black (or the closest you could possibly get on a screen). This opens up color options you literally can't get otherwise. QLED is essentially this, but an area of pixels has their own light source instead of each specific pixel. So it is kind of currently the affordable middle ground when looking at screens, currently.

This is a Stitch fact brought to you by Autism™

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom