• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old Zelda Titles in the 3DS EShop?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
So, I bought my 3DS back in May in anticipation to get OoT 3D. Didn't really think about the eShop until this month really, and I find out that had I registered for it when I originally purchased my system I would've gotten the old Zelda games for free through that 3DS ambassador thingamajig (and MAN does that irk me!).

Now, I know, my loss and all that... but what I wonder - does anyone know if these titles will be available for purchase at a later point (if so when)? Cause it would be cool to play the original games, and I know they are available on the Wii VC, but knowing myself if I bought them there I would never get around to playing them, not when I could play OoT, TP, SS, WW, etc... I am much more likely to give the games a proper chance if I were playing them on the go, hence I'm hoping they will be released soon for purchase in the eShop.... so... anyone know?

The NES titles MIGHT be available again someday. However, the GBA games they promised are a different story.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
If i'm not mistaken The original Legend of Zelda is, not Zelda II, and Minish Cap we have no idea if it ever will be.
All the Gameboy & Gameboy Color games will be on the 3DS e-Shop eventually.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I bet most if not all of the old Zelda titles will end up on the e-Shop or available on the 3DS.

Zelda I and II are already available for ambassadors, and will be up for everyone at some point. ALTTP will probably be up at some point, possibly as a 3D Classic given Miyamoto's recent interest in it. LA is already up, OoT was remade, and MM is a real possibility. The Oracle games will hopefully get posted on the e-Shop as well. Four Swords was offered to everyone for free last year.

Like Zelda I and II, the Minish Cap is already available for ambassadors, but will be up for everyone at some point (Nintendo never said they'd wouldn't offer them on the e-Shop to everyone, but "had no plans to". Big difference.). Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are available, obviously.

At this rate, the 3DS has the potential to be the biggest system for Zelda to date! :)

The Hyrulian

Hero Of Time
Zelda and Zelda II will definitely go on to the eshop it was confirmed by nintendo on one of their pages about the 3DS ambassador program, the one that tells you what games you will be recieving. It says these titles will be releases at a later date on the eshop, so atleast that is confirmed.

S

swordx

So, I bought my 3DS back in May in anticipation to get OoT 3D. Didn't really think about the eShop until this month really, and I find out that had I registered for it when I originally purchased my system I would've gotten the old Zelda games for free through that 3DS ambassador thingamajig (and MAN does that irk me!).

Now, I know, my loss and all that... but what I wonder - does anyone know if these titles will be available for purchase at a later point (if so when)? Cause it would be cool to play the original games, and I know they are available on the Wii VC, but knowing myself if I bought them there I would never get around to playing them, not when I could play OoT, TP, SS, WW, etc... I am much more likely to give the games a proper chance if I were playing them on the go, hence I'm hoping they will be released soon for purchase in the eShop.... so... anyone know?

Zelda and Zelda II will be released for download at some point (Japan already has the first one), but Minish Cap will never be released on the eshop. I'm sorry for your loss.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
There's no logical reason not to release them. The games are rare and pricey now, and Nintendo doesn't make any money off of them. They could only stand to gain from porting them over. They would be really stupid to hold onto them.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Kinda amusing that people are answering a question I asked 6 months ago (btw, because I did buy my 3DS before the price drop, I was actually made eligeble for the ambassador program, I only had to provide a scan of the receipt to prove the purchase, and within some weeks they upgraded me to ambassador. I am actually currently playing the two first Zelda titles on my 3DS now, lol)

I hope the oracle games go up on the E shop. I know many of you guys out there in the boards haven't gotten a chance to play them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom