• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old Rito or New Rito?

So, now that it's been a while, I'm curious to ask.

Which version of the Rito do you prefer?
The semi-human looking ones that evolved from the Zora? The more bird-like race we've just seen?
Why?
Which version do you want to see again?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
New. The old designs were horribly bland an uncreative. They looked like Hylians with beaks taped onto their faces....hell, I couldn't even tell the difference between them and those Hylians pretending to be them.

Buh.

Buh rito is my favorite.

Kidding. I prefer the new ones. I loved part of the WW art style, but overall it was hit and miss to me. Ganondorf for example, I liked his characterization but not his design. And I wasn't a fan of the WW rito at all.

I like the designs of the new Rito but i prefer the WW Rito in terms of character and lore.

Medli, Komali and the postman were cool. And i liked that it felt like they were still evolving in that they had to get the ability to fly from Valoo. I also like that the WW Rito had a fire dungeon considering the Zoras were responsible for dreaded water temples in the past.

The BotW Rito didnt have much going on and were rather bland characters despite their cool design.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The old Rito were best. They looked somewhat human as though they were in the process of evolving (Though from humans not from Zoras. Stupid Nintendo) and still needed a dragons blessing to get their wings.

BoTW Rito looked like their evolution was complete and no longer resembled humans. I wasnt really impressed by their look and they had hardly any presence in the game either.

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
Since I first played WW the Rito have been my favourite race in all of Zelda. I always thought the WW design was unique and separated them from just plain birds. That's why I was extremely disappointed when I first saw their new design for BotW, because in BotW the Rito are literally just large talking birds. Overtime their new design grew on me though and I'm certainly okay with the way they look now, but I'll still always prefer the original WW design.

I'd like to see them both return alongside one another, as this would confirm my theory that the name Rito is just a classification of multiple races, rather than being the name of a specific race... similar to how River Zora and Sea Zora are both classified as Zora, even though they are different races.
But it would also be interesting to see how the two bird-like races would co-exist... would they unite to form a single culture or keep themselves separate?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I too prefer the old Rito design. I was a bit disappointed when I came across the first Rito in BotW (which would have been Kass). Even though I like Kass I was just disappointed when I entered Rito Town and was like "where the heck are the Quills, Komalis and medlis?" I like the old design much better and I didn't think of them as beaked Hylians at all. They were just developing and still had a way to go. Picking up their scales from Valoo, it was all just a way of developing. Now they look like giant ostriches with a bit more fur.

Reactions: Pen

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I like the new design better. As a race of bird-people, their designs in BotW more closely resemble that. Also, Rito Village in BotW is really, really cool and suits them better than living in a bunch of caves. They feel like they have more of their own identity in BotW, they seem like they're now more than just the race that evolved from the Zoras. Though I do wonder what happened to Valoo over the years.

D

Deleted member 14134

I prefer the new designs, the old rito looked like someone super glued a beak to a humans face. BOTW Rito actually look like birds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom