• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old or New? - Poll

Old or New?

• Old- Gold, Silver, Crystal, Red, Blue, Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New- Black, White, Pearl, Diamond, Platnium.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Dillyne

Old or new Pokemon? Black and white or Gold and Silver? I choose old ;)

W

willguitarlink

Old! Most of the new Pokemon are spin offs of old Pokemon. Besides, Squirtle's in the the old generations, nuff said.

A

Azure Kite

No Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?
I don't think the franchise is struggling as much as people think it is (perhaps in America, but in Japan, I imagine it's still pretty strong), but it is evident that the designs are becoming a bothersome issue. Although Black and White had some odd and rather stupid designs, 80% of them, imo, were pretty alright and somewhat original, while I enjoyed all the designs of the Pokemon games before B&A. Are we discussing the game itself or just the Pokemon themselves? If it's one or the other, my answer for both is; everything before Black and White. So... I suppose I'm mixed, but, just to not ride the fence, I'll say old.

M

Mibbleng

New. I find that the majority of the time, when people say old, they are just blinded by nostalgia. The new games have introduced so much to the series and i actually quite like the new Pokemon designs. They are definitely not as bad as people say they are. Except maybe the Ice Cream Family. Don't get me wrong, I still love the old games, I just think that the newer ones are better. I feel that the only way Red and Blue could be as amazing as everyone makes them out to be is if they had a 5th gen remake. I played Blue on an emulator again a few days ago and it was just nowhere near as good as Black and White.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Old. I like when you could imagine what things were, because of the simple graphics. Also,getting 150, OK 65-something, I don't think so!

J

Jing

I'm actually going to go with new (also why no R/S/E), I know many people like to bash the new designs and yeah the Vanellite and Trubbish family is a bit odd, but still there have been some pretty great designs from Gen IV and V (Garchomp, Braviery, Lucario etc)

The old games are 10x better.

I've had a chance to play Pokemon White recently and holy crap does that game suck. The Pokemon are bland and ugly, no commical funny dialogue, the main antagonists had little thought or motivation put into them, the Elite Four had only four Pokemon, I didn't particularly like the layout of the landscape, just in general a terrible game.

The old games were so fresh, crisp and clean. I'll still to this day bust out the old Gameboy and play Red/Crystal from time to time. Those games never get old.

Of course I choose the old ones. I became a video gamer through Pokemon Red. For me, it was the most epic thing at that time!:clap: The old games had an special atmosphere (Lavender Town!), it's very hard to describe. Most of the old Pokemon were designed with passion and love, but many of the new ones...:yuck:! The new games are OK, but nothing more.
I still got my very, very worn out GB Color, just to play these terrific Gen I/II games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom