• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old/New Music

I would like most of the music back. Most I say, mainly from the older ones, weren't as pleasing.

I am quite happy though with how they redid the music for Brawl, I loved it.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, I would love to hear the Dark world theme music again. It was a great song and it would fit in perfectly in TP. Too bad it is not in TP.

M

Malladus

I do love the nostalgic feel of the old music but the newer stuff seems to fit better sadly

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I love new music, however I feel that in every Zelda game some classic songs are a necessity:
the main LoZ theme
Zelda's lullaby
the inside of a house theme
Fairy fountain/ file select

I don't think we'll see that much of returning music unless its music from a prequel of the new game. However I would love to see Pirate's Guige (from OoX), Dark World, Legendary Hero, Song of Storms, and Minish Village return in future installments

Hey all.

I agree, Twilight Princess was odd because all the music was new to me, except for the Hyrule Castle Theme. Which is one of my favorites, so that's good.
I really love the music for the sword duel between Ganondorf and Link... it fits the mood well.
Oh, and I play guitar and I've been working on a full instrumental album of LoZ music. It's gonna be awesome.

Twilight Princess had a vast number of returning songs or motifs of songs mixed in with new themes: Song of Healing, Requiem of Spirit, Prelude of Light, Zelda's Lullaby, Goron Lullaby, and Ballad of Gales all appear as wolf howling songs. Serenade of Water is mixed in with Rutela's Theme. The Kakariko Village Theme returns. The backstory song, History of the Goddesses is the Chamber of the Sages song. The Sacred Grove was The Lost Woods. The Master Sword Theme is the same. Ganondorf's Theme is reused. And the Entrance to the Temple of Time is the Song of Time.

I prefered some of the older Zelda music better. By older, I mean everything before the Oracle series. ALttP had great music, as well as OoT. Lately, I've felt that the music in Zelda games was pretty boring...

Older themes are reused frequently. And the Oracle Games have some very good music. Many of the themes introduced in ALTTP and OOT the Dark World being one of the few exceptions, are reused in WW and TP: Lost Woods, Song of Time, Master Sword, Zelda's Lullaby, Ganondorf's Theme, Kakariko Village, etc.

And plenty of the new music has been great! Skyward Sword was orchestrated beautifully! And the Zelda theme song made a wonderful resurgence as The Song of the Hero in Skyward Sword. Still, there are some songs I want to hear again: The Dark World Theme, as Mases mentioned, The Church theme from ALTTP, The Temple and Grand Palace themes from AOL, Tal Tal Heights from LA, Ballad of the Windfish from LA, etc. But for the most part, Nintendo is great at balancing old and new songs, as with all gameplay elements, in each Zelda game.

I was just watching a video of Zelda: Battlequest and heard the music in the background. Its a remix of the Dark World Theme!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom