• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old Games that you find (Re)New Appreciation For

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm sure this thread has been done to death but I don't feel like necroing rn its 11PM. So what games do you find renewed appreciation for. Me? Soul Calibur 2 for the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox. I recently am playing this game on my Wii U (yes Wii U, not wii). And...

Jesus ****ing Christ this game is fantastic, and I don't say that as a fanboy. Everything about this game is just god tier to me. Tons of customizability in terms of battle flow, lots of good moves (most aren't viable but the game was never about viability). The music is A B S O L U T E L Y – F A N T A S T I C. Good characters. The fanservice is blatant but it isn't IN YOUR FACE because the characters that the fanservice is attached to are much more than "walking pair of boobs" or whatever. There is none of that ****ty le kooky cat ears nyan~wwwwwwwwwwwww bull****.

SC2 is just good.

Ooooh good thread.

I dont so much rediscover or appreciation for a game but there can be years between me replaying some, especially if a new generation comes out. Though sometimes i guess i do forget how good they feel. Soul Calibur 2 is still amazingly responsive.

This is actually hard so i'm just gonna list some old games that i still love and play whenever i wire up on old console

Tekken 5
Devil May Cry 3
Luigi's Mansion
Bloody Roar Primal Fury
Shadow of the Colossus

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have SCII on XONE. Gameplay isn't as smooth as that of V but it still holds up very well to modern standards.

I cant say I have a newfound appreciation for any old games because I hardly play games anymore and if I do play something it will be a new experience.

I also tend to sell my old stuff.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Ooooh good thread.
Thought it was your thread from the title lol

I can't really think of anything. There's no sort of franchise I didn't like or lost interest in that I suddenly regained interest.

Thought it was your thread from the title lol

I can't really think of anything. There's no sort of franchise I didn't like or lost interest in that I suddenly regained interest.

I know. Very succinct from Ventus too, so yay for him.

I forgot the PS2 Prince of Persia games. Theyre still great and fun to play, as is the Tomb Raider trilogy.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
plenty of 6th generation games can still hold up today,hell nintendo releasing wind waker and twilight princess as standalone wii u games is proof enough of that
i think jak and daxter had this same effect to me,i played those games through the hd collection in 2014 and i was genuinely surprised how much fun i was still able to have on games that came out 10 years prior

Tekken 5 was extremely fun, and it had a lot of bang for buck on that disc. I know you don't play it competitively but it had like 4 extremely broken characters (one of which was my main). Broken, but since I played one of the broken characters I'll admit it was rather enjoyable ;). I played that game for thousands of hours. The good old days.

Anyway, mine would be Resident Evil 0. I played it probably 25% through back in the day on GameCube but I never finished it. Platinumed it on PS4 last year and I loved every second of it. It's perhaps my new favorite Resident Evil game now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom