• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Okay, Story Time on How My Life Relates to Zelda!!!

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
So I was in Spanish class, not paying attention and day dreaming, as usual. When my Spanish teacher said "gordo," I immediately snapped out of my day dreaming and paid attention for once. I thought he said "goron," which if you aren't a Zelda fan (which is impossible if you have an account here) is a big rock creature that talks. Then, when the class was over, I was disappointed he wasn't going to talk about Zelda, so I went back to day dreaming. (Yeah... while I was walking to my next class) My friend caught up with me and said something and then she asked me if I was day dreaming. I didn't answer, because, well, I was day dreaming. So she said, "Earth to THP! (acronym for TreeHuggerPanda, if you didn't notice) Where are you?" And I said "It's a secret to everybody!" She didn't get it, and neither did everyone surrounding around me.

And yeah, anything similar ever happen to you?

Austin

Austin
I say "it's a secret to everybody" sometimes. On one occasion someone picked up on it. I also used the plot of Ocarina of Time for my SAT essay.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No, not really, Hugger. But I use to daydream a lot lol. I did that too often and well...I got in trouble often. But I didn't care, daydreaming to me was something fun. Also, I didn't know what a goron was...now I do thanks to you. :P

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I've said "It's a secret to everybody" a few times before, but each time there has been somebody nearby who got it. Actually, I make a lot of Zelda references, but I work at GameStop, so somebody is always around to respond with another Zelda reference.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i always use 'its a secret to everybody' to my friend john, but i use 'tee-hee that wont work' A LOT at school. like when i hear a serious story about something or someone's insulting someone i just walk past saying 'tee-hee, that wont work' (for those of you who didn't know, that what skull kid says if you use a projectile agenst him on top of the clock tower) it usually works to ruin moments. but i do make a good amout of zelda references to counter all the anime and pokemon references. here's and example of an average day-

'hey, sup'
'nothin'
'dude, last night on bleach-'
'he got stabed. the end.'
'no, he-'
'said tee-hee that wont work'
'no, he fought the 4th espada. then on pokemon-
'no, not in public'
'but you like pokemon-'
'its a secret to everybody'

Well, an instance like this has never really happened. Well, maybe once, but it was a joke from a friend. It went like this:

Joke: "How did Link help Nintendo win the basketball game?"
Answer: "With a hookshot"

Not a lot of people got it though, I was probably the only one in the crowd who did get it.

Heh, wow, I haven't heard the word "gordo" used in my Spanish class, but then again, it is Spanish 2. I definitely would have thought of the Gordo from the Kirby games, which this enemy was also found in LA.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Heh, wow, I haven't heard the word "gordo" used in my Spanish class, but then again, it is Spanish 2. I definitely would have thought of the Gordo from the Kirby games, which this enemy was also found in LA.

The word "gordo" (I think) means fat. So know, when I think of the word "gordo" I think of gorons! (because, well, they're on the big side)

Din Akera

Sniper
Zelda relates to my life on a daily basis. Mostly it has to do with something someone says and I think of a Zelda reference and start snickering to myself. I rarely tell people what I am thinking because all my friends roll their eyes and laugh at me. lol

But the best one is when i'm on ZD before class and someone comes and sits down beside me to ask me a question because they are stuck in a game and wondered if I knew how to help. The sad part is, is that I can usually tell them without even having to really think about it. THis happens on a fairly regular basis.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Everyday I have to try my best and be brave, I know it sounds pitiful but for personal reasons I have a hard time facing other people. It's not cause im scared of them, far from it. It's just that I don't have as much faith in myself as I used to, I'm unsure when before I used to be confident and easygoing. Now I'm quiet and slow to act just because I feel like I'm less of the person I used to be. I think I need to relearn what made me confident in the first place, that this is somehow just a road leading back to my original self and along the way there are difficulties, but like Link if I can be brave and just take it one dungeon at a time, maybe I end up finding what I was looking for.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
I oftentimes quote the CD-i games (usually Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil) when talking to people, e.g. my mom asks me to clean my room and I respond with "there is no time, your other son is enough."

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I probably shouldn't admit this, but we have outdoor trash cans at my work that look surprisingly similar to the torches in Twilight Princess. I have - more than once - seen them and thought, "I need to light the torches with my lantern!" *pause* "Wait a second..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom