• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ok So I've Just Started Reading My First Zelda Manga...

so Link can talk in he manga, this braught up something to think about, what if Link was able to actually speak in the games? what personality would he have? all i have is the manga for MM so i already got a good idea of what young Link of OOT would be like but how bout the other Links? They're all pure at heart that's a good place to start from but what do you all think?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Good question. I think it just depends on the game. He's had a different personality in each game, as is obvious by his actions. It's always the Hero reborn, but each one is still his own, which I think keeps it fresh in a way. (I think we all know he'll never actually talk in the games, though. Fans wouldn't like that.)

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Link has never talked in any of the games, and I don't think he ever should. That just sounds like someone would be trying to change the series and it's amazing the way it is. It won't be zelda anymore if they start adding a bunch of stuff. I think it's fine just seeing his expressions and actions. He's pretty cute in some of the games, so I don't mind xDDDD
I do love the mangas though. 8D

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
manga in general is beast
so i really still hope that they wont make link talk but thats just me u know

i'm not saying they should have him talk it's just thiking about how the series would be like if he COULD talk, it wold feel very out of place if he all of a sudden started talking in Skyward Sword

Musicfan

the shadow mage
in the wind waker he sort of has the personality of a 7-9 nine year old (i read a translation) Prince komali: It feels odd not holding something round. Link hands him a round stone and says here and sails a way

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
It would be cool if Link could talk, but has anyone read the ZeldaComic strip by Mario? There is an episode in it that explains why Nintendo doesn't let Link talk. Since it's a comic strip, that doesn't hold much weight, though, does it?

I would like Link to talk, but I doubt Nintendo will allow him, simply because of all the differing views on his personality.

It would be cool if Link could talk, but has anyone read the ZeldaComic strip by Mario? There is an episode in it that explains why Nintendo doesn't let Link talk. Since it's a comic strip, that doesn't hold much weight, though, does it?

I would like Link to talk, but I doubt Nintendo will allow him, simply because of all the differing views on his personality.

yea i get what you mean, that's why i began pondering about this the moment i got to the second page in the MM manga and i saw Link talking i groaned because i was worried the manga would give him an annoying personality i was proven wrong then that's when it came to me, that and while i was reading it, it took time for me to get used to the fact that Link is talking

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think Link DESERVES to be able to talk. I mean, think about it... He goes through each and every dungeon, fights several bosses, probably nearly dies on many occasions, he risks his life constantly, and after he does all this AND MORE, you won't even let him speak? For shame:dry:.

As long as Nintendo implements his personality right, I'm all for it. His personality would probably be similar to his personalities in the mangas, each depending on the game. So as long as Nintendo does it right, I'll be completely happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom