• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ok, Ok, What Now?! A Link to the FUTURE?!

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Okay, so as I entered Nintendo's official E3 page, I saw Skyward Sword was featured. I clicked on it, and I saw the title:

The Legend of Zelda:
Skyward Sword
A Link to the Future

Check it out for yourself! I mean, all of the sudden its a sequel to ALttP?
http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=zelda

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
That name might simply be symbolism to drag in the Zelda fans of the olden days. You see how the trailer begins with the heroic outlook of the 3D adventures that we had experienced before and then focuses on the bright new adventure of Skyward Sword? Nintendo is simply trying to say: "This is the newest Zelda game, the one that shall pave the way for the future of Zelda!"

That name might simply be symbolism to drag in the Zelda fans of the olden days. You see how the trailer begins with the heroic outlook of the 3D adventures that we had experienced before and then focuses on the bright new adventure of Skyward Sword? Nintendo is simply trying to say: "This is the newest Zelda game, the one that shall pave the way for the future of Zelda!"
Exactly. They're going with a nostalgia thing. It even resembles ALttP in some ways.

There is NO story information. Whatever comments like that ("A Link to the Future") crop up, they're not canon. They have no definite solidity because there's no story information. ;)

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
I'm pretty sure that "A Link to the Future" isn't actually part of the title, and is just a subtitle on that page, doubling as a reference to the game and a hint that the game will revolutionize Zelda.

there is no way nintendo would ever do something as tacky as putting a"a Link to the future" in a title after aLttP

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The "A Link to the Future" just means that Link is being revolutionized with the new motion controls. Don't get your hopes up, and quit getting all heated up over a simple title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom