• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Oh Perilous Place

Simple thread; which location to you in all of Zelda is the most dangerous? What is that one place that you feel unsafe, outnumbered, in danger, freaked out or just daunted by out of all the games so far?

For me it'd be the Sacred Grove in OoT, those Moblins are freaky and violent as hell.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
In terms of feeling outnumbered, definitely the part before the Vaati fight in MC. Fighting those three Darknuts was crazy hard!

Being threatened by an area... Ikana Canyon from MM because of all of the Blue Bubbles, Garos and the all round wasteland feel to it. Haunting... >.<

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The whole of Ikana is a place I don't feel comfortable in. In-game it's a place where GHOSTS attack you (the Garo), and you have to deal with mummies and other dead stuff. Imagine that in the real world? 10x scary imo.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Arbeiter's Ground on my first time. It was the best dungeon so far in the game, plus getting inside after sneaking past the bublin guards was great. So, I was in the temple/prison, trying to get good sights of all the walls and stuff, and next thing I know is that there are deadly quick sands, thousands of little skeletons with pointy sticks, big stalfos shouting and cutting me in half, ghost rats (it took me long to actually notice them) and worst of all, a mass of fleash-eating bugs chasing me like mad. I swear, every time I saw those bugs coming from under the next stone I freaked out.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd have to say the Arbiter's Grounds from Twilight Princess for quite a few reasons.

For one the design if the Dungeon is quite compact, rooms are relatively small, this creates a claustrophobic atmosphere, which really adds to the feeling of being trapped and whatnot. I would say this combined with the dark rooms, made me feel, somewhat, uneasy.

Then of course you have the wide variety of enemies and probably a combination of the toughest enemies to date. Even though, Twilight Princess was, at its core, an easy game, I found parts of this dungeon pretty challenging and it would have to do with the enemies. This was also increased by the sheer amount in the dungeon itself, you could tell what Nintendo tried to create here, a dungeon riddled with countless enemies and traps all crammed into compact rooms. I felt that a certain moment really captured this idea of "perilous" and that would be the trap room which you had to traverse in Wolf Form. This room was full of traps and you would constantly get held back by ghostly rat like enemies (forgot name).

Overall a great dungeon, but in relation to this thread, it was definitely one of the environments I felt vulnerable in, multiple traps, dark rooms, tons of enemies etcetera.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Definitely the Bottom of the Well in Ocarina of Time. When I was younger, I also hated going back to Castle Town as an adult. Those Redeads and their awful screeching gave me nightmares. I also feel uneasy when trying to stop the alien invasion in Majora's Mask.

MW7

Death Mountain in Zelda II. The enemies are crazy difficult for how early in the game it is and navigating the area is extremely confusing. I am constantly afraid of being killed whenever I go through it.

The Ikana region in MM. There were all kinds of monsters there (redeads, blue bubbles, guays, garos etc...) You had to keep on moving to avoid getting hit or attacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom