• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official ZD Mario Maker Level Sharing Thread!

B18A-0000-0030-804C
Luigi's Mansion

I made this one on my friends account and it's one of my favorites!

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear advise as well. It's a little different from classic Mario, but at least it's not auto...

B18A-0000-0030-804C
Luigi's Mansion

I made this one on my friends account and it's one of my favorites!

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear advise as well. It's a little different from classic Mario, but at least it's not auto...
This level is very good. One of the better levels out there. All it needs it to remove some of the dud doorways and some more content. The level felt like it ended too early. Apart from that well done.

I have made a new level too for you all to try out

Go West
D20F-0000-0061-85CB

The insspiration for this level comes in two parts.
1. I have always wanted to make a level where you have to go left (ie travel west) to finish the level.
2. Super Mario Bros 3, world 5, level 6. The level where you have to jump from para-beetle to para-beetle to finish the level. I always liked that level, even though it is a pretty hard one. So I made this level in a similar but reverse way. I also added in a few more obstacles.

The level is not that hard honestly once you get how the level works downpat. It's just something different for you all to try.

This level is very good. One of the better levels out there. All it needs it to remove some of the dud doorways and some more content. The level felt like it ended too early. Apart from that well done.

I have made a new level too for you all to try out

Go West
D20F-0000-0061-85CB

The insspiration for this level comes in two parts.
1. I have always wanted to make a level where you have to go left (ie travel west) to finish the level.
2. Super Mario Bros 3, world 5, level 6. The level where you have to jump from para-beetle to para-beetle to finish the level. I always liked that level, even though it is a pretty hard one. So I made this level in a similar but reverse way. I also added in a few more obstacles.

The level is not that hard honestly once you get how the level works downpat. It's just something different for you all to try.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate the advise!

I'll definitely play your level. I probably won't have time until tonight or tomorrow but I will get to it and let you know what I think.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate the advise!

I'll definitely play your level. I probably won't have time until tonight or tomorrow but I will get to it and let you know what I think.
I have three levels done so far. All 3 are rather unique. The ID# for them are in the topic already in you have not played them, or you can just find me. My NNID is the8thark. None of the 3 levels are very hard, just very different and hopefully fun.

Thank you for your reply.

I have three levels done so far. All 3 are rather unique. The ID# for them are in the topic already in you have not played them, or you can just find me. My NNID is the8thark. None of the 3 levels are very hard, just very different and hopefully fun.

Thank you for your reply.

I loved the warioware level! I wouldn't mind playing a second version of it. The time works really well. Go West was a little too difficult for my roommate and I, but my other roommate is a mario expert so I'll have him try it soon. I like both ideas though.

Very creative and worth playing over and over until you get it done. Some levels are so bad that I don't even want to finish them. And don't even get me started on the auto levels.

cf54-0000-0063-7B77

I'll play yours next!

Very creative and worth playing over and over until you get it done. Some levels are so bad that I don't even want to finish them. And don't even get me started on the auto levels.
Thank you so much. I try to have a diffeent idea/approach before I hit the level maker. Also I might just take up your idea of making a 2nd WarioWare styled level.

I agree so many levels are just so badly done. That's why I like the skip feature in the 100 Mario challenge. If I get a poorly designed level I just skip it and move on. This really shows how good Miyamoto and Co are at designing levels. Sure there are a few really good Mario Maker levels. But many just don't have the level making skil Nintendo has. I think it's partly because they don't know how to make a proper level. As in what the basic good level design principles are. I've watched a few Rare/Playtonic videos where they have explained their level design principles. I listened well and took notes as they are the experts. I'm not as good as them in level design but I try to use what they said in my levels. Learning from the best basically.

cf54-0000-0063-7B77

That's some hard stuff. It's enjoyable and frustrating. I like the concept. I thought some of the enemies were poorly placed and that at times the screen didn't scroll fast enough with the pace I needed to use to clear the level.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
That's some hard stuff. It's enjoyable and frustrating. I like the concept. I thought some of the enemies were poorly placed and that at times the screen didn't scroll fast enough with the pace I needed to use to clear the level.

they always end up being tougher than i imagine them being in design. truth be told that was toned down a lot. the flappy bird level is still the most ridiculous one i've done.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I was wondering if anyone would have any objections with me using your levels as part of my Versus Series. The first video turned out to be pretty popular (for my channel's standards) and I would love to do a Zelda Dungeon version.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
"Flyin' High, Lakitus In The Sky

I definitely liked the concept here. The timing of the Lakitu clouds disappearing definitely added a sense of urgency to the level. Good job! Also, I really like your ending, where Mario jumps of the musical blocks and the trampolines! That was a very nice little touch.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I was wondering if anyone would have any objections with me using your levels as part of my Versus Series. The first video turned out to be pretty popular (for my channel's standards) and I would love to do a Zelda Dungeon version.
I won't mind one bit.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick

if you like to have people watch you play badly designed levels you can use mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom