• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Superbowl XLVI Discussion Thread!

Who will win Superbowl XLVI?

• Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hey guys. I'm sure many of you are aware that the NFL playoffs are getting down to the wire now. Only four teams remain: the New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens, San Francisco 49ers, and New York Giants. The Ravens are coming to New England to play the Patriots and the Giants are coming to San Francisco to play the 'niners. Whichever two teams win this Sunday will play two weeks from then in Superbowl XLVI in Indianapolis.

As a diehard Giants fan, I'm getting very excited over the NFL playoffs this year. I think New York has a good chance to win it all this year. I believe Eli manning can go toe-to-toe with any other quarterback in the league, even Tom Brady or (as he proved last week) Aaron Rodgers. I think a key piece in Manning's success this year is the discovery of Victor Cruz, who set a few franchise records in receiving this past season. The Giants have a good wide receiving core and an elite quarterback. Our running game isn't fantastic, but I think Bradshaw is quite the weapon when he's running effectively. The Giants defense speaks for itself. They hit hard, as was seen last week with the four forced fumbles, but have been known to miss tackles, which frustrates me to no end. The Giants pass rush is great, and I believe that pressuring the opponent's quarterback makes your defense better because it forces their QB to make throws with guys in his face.

I think the Giants will play the Patriots in Superbowl XLVI. The Giants are on a roll, and I don't think the 49ers can stop them, even though San Fran has homefield advantage. As far as the Pats and Ravens, Tom Brady is a beast and the Patriots have homefield advantage. The Ravens aren't the same team on the road as they are at home, and Joe Flacco has been awfully inconsistent. I don't think he can hang in there against Brady. And I'm taking my Giants all the way as winners of Superbowl XLVI.

What are your predictions for Superbowl XLVI? Is your favorite team still in the mix? Discuss everything NFL playoffs 2012 here!

R

Red Waffles

The Giants had a good game last week but 49ers are really good this year. I think it will come down to who wants it more and who is lucky that day. Any of the 4 teams can win it. Baltimore are on a run and wouldn't mind them winning. Between NY and SF I don't really care and it will be a really close game probably decided in the last quarter but I think 49ers will make it.

My prediction: Baltimore vs. 49ers in superbowl with 49ers winning it all. These two will make a great superbowl.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
The Giants had a good game last week but 49ers are really good this year. I think it will come down to who wants it more and who is lucky that day. Any of the 4 teams can win it. Baltimore are on a run and wouldn't mind them winning. Between NY and SF I don't really care and it will be a really close game probably decided in the last quarter but I think 49ers will make it.

My prediction: Baltimore vs. 49ers in superbowl with 49ers winning it all. These two will make a great superbowl.

Funny thing is though.... The Giants have better yardage then the 49ers this year.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Either way, the giants are probably gonna make it. Also, with the way Eli's been playing, its pretty much a done deal that they'll win. But if they dont, I'm going for the 49s, because I dont like the patriots one bit.

M

mariner47

Maybe a little off topic, but who's doing the halftime show?

Nicole

luke is my wife
Maybe a little off topic, but who's doing the halftime show?

Madonna, according to this NFL.com article:

Madonna, a multi Grammy Award-winning Universal Records recording artist, will perform in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show on NBC on Sunday, Feb. 5, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the NFL and NBC announced at halftime of Sunday night's game between the New Orleans Saints and Detroit Lions. Madonna's performance will be imagined by Cirque Du Soleil and Jamie King.

I think most of the younger generation aren't too thrilled. Then again, we weren't when they announced The Who to be preforming at Super Bowl XLIV either. Personally, I don't care who does the halftime show nor how old they are. I watch the Super Bowl for the sport, not the halftime show. :bleh:

The playoffs have been the biggest upset for me in a while. I'm a diehard Packers fan and the fact that they lost to a hogwash second rate team (the Giants) is upsetting. That whole game was a fluke and some of the worst calls in NFL History were made. If it wasn't for the twisted referees the Packers would of won it and they would've taken the Superbowl yet again. They deserve to win the superbowl, they played their hearts out each game.

Since they're out and I can't stand the Ravens I want New England to win on sunday and I want the 49ers to absoloutley and utterly destroy the Giants and put them in their place. They don't deserve a seat in the playoffs and I can't wait until they lose. All in all, I'm voting for the 49ers, but it wouldn't make a difference to me if New England one as well.

Nicole

luke is my wife
The playoffs have been the biggest upset for me in a while. I'm a diehard Packers fan and the fact that they lost to a hogwash second rate team (the Giants) is upsetting. That whole game was a fluke and some of the worst calls in NFL History were made. If it wasn't for the twisted referees the Packers would of won it and they would've taken the Superbowl yet again. They deserve to win the superbowl, they played their hearts out each game.

Since they're out and I can't stand the Ravens I want New England to win on sunday and I want the 49ers to absoloutley and utterly destroy the Giants and put them in their place. They don't deserve a seat in the playoffs and I can't wait until they lose. All in all, I'm voting for the 49ers, but it wouldn't make a difference to me if New England one as well.

I hate to tell you this (lol), but the referees blew it for the Giants and they still found a way to win. That fumble that somehow wasn't a fumble? That roughing the passer call that was actually a legit hit to Rodger's midsection, not his head? Both of those drives ended up in TDs, didn't they? The refs handed the Packers 14 points (or 7, I don't actually remember if the second drive ended up in points). And to be honest, the Packers still wouldn't have won even if the refs made better calls. The Packers lost this game for themselves with 8 dropped passes. You can't even blame the Giants nor the refs for 8 dropped passes.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It's going to be the Patriots Vs. the 49ers all the way. And as much as I want the 49ers to win, I'm sure the Patriots will pull it off.

I hate to tell you this (lol), but the referees blew it for the Giants and they still found a way to win. That fumble that somehow wasn't a fumble? That roughing the passer call that was actually a legit hit to Rodger's midsection, not his head? Both of those drives ended up in TDs, didn't they? The refs handed the Packers 14 points (or 7, I don't actually remember if the second drive ended up in points). And to be honest, the Packers still wouldn't have won even if the refs made better calls. The Packers lost this game for themselves with 8 dropped passes. You can't even blame the Giants nor the refs for 8 dropped passes.

Well this is posted after the sunday game and it seems the Giants and the Patriots are off to the Superbowl. To what you say about the refs, the Packers fumbled it like three times that weren't really fumbles. There were a couple pass interferences called against the packers and they weren't good calls at all either. The giants started scuffles with the Packers that should've been called as personal fouls. I know it isn't likely that the Giants payed off the refs, but they were such bad calls I can't help but make that accusation.

The Giants had the worst score going into the Playoffs. I didn't follow them tho whole way through but I know they don't deserve to win or even be in the Superbowl. The Packers played GREAT games the whole season being consistent with their plays, and the Giants get in on luck. They play the Packers and the Packers have a bad day and lose to a second rate team that shouldn't even be there. I know it is what it is and I'm just being mad bro, but the Giants truely don't deserve to win. They wouldn't of even beat the 49ers if they didn't get lucky AGAIN and retrieve that fumble Kyle Williams dropped.

On another note. Did anyone watch the Ravens @ Patriots game?!?!? Holy hell that last drive when Evens dropped it and Cunduff missed that field goal was a complete shocker. Cunduff is the best kicker in the NFL and he misses it from pressure?? I don't particularly like the Ravens but you gotta feel bad for them for not even getting a chance to win it in OT.

Last edited:
Cunduff is the best kicker in the NFL and he misses it from pressure??

First of all, he is not the best kicker in the NFL. That being said, I am a huge patriots fan, I have been since I was 2 in 1995. They played bad, and that ending didn't satisfy me at all. The patriots didn't win that game, the ravens lost it, by a series of unfortunate events. I feel bad for Cundiff, I sincerely do. BUT, that is the price a kicker pays. If New England had driven the ball down the field on their earlier possession and scored, the blame would have been handed to the Ravens defense, but it would have been split 11 ways and been more bearable. I just hope NE pulls it together and plays better next week.

I was rooting for the 49ers because it's going to be so nerve wracking to watch the Pats play the Giants again. It is impossible to redeem themselves for their loss in 07/08 but it sure would be nice to get a second chance to beat the Giants. God I hate them.

I agree with Koosholts opinion of the Giants playoff run fully. Although I think they were a little underrated coming in, I don't think the deserve to be where they are. I disagree that Green Bay should have made the superbowl though. They were slowly starting to come apart near the end of the regular season, and the playoffs just proved that.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well I was really happy that the Patriots won, but I wasn't happy the Giants did. The giants just got lucky is what all that was, but hopefully they won't get so lucky next time. Partiots are going to win the Super Bowl baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom