• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Was reading the SB archive and I noticed that I can see the :fact: emote despite having it blocked in my preferences. Could you maybe look into fixing this please?
:fact:​

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Hey Fellow Forumers request for christmas can we get the Box above SB updated with christmas songs or something similar one for each day? For reference said box contains the mario themed crew battle and zelda meetup.

Just think it'd be nice bit of christmas interjection.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Do we really need some of the stickies in the World of Zelda section?
Surely it would be better to remake the favourite/least favourite threads every now and again. Especially considering people's favourites are subject to change with time.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Do we really need some of the stickies in the World of Zelda section?
Surely it would be better to remake the favourite/least favourite threads every now and again. Especially considering people's favourites are subject to change with time.
The current ones are only about a year old. The ones prior had been stickied for atleast two, or three years. We could redo them, but would it really even benefit that section? There are still some newer posts being made in those particular threads, keeping that in mind, I'd say we should atleast give it another month or two to make a decision. If we don't get newer posts than we should definitely consider remaking them. Although the lack of activity makes me wonder if we'll even get new posts in the remade versions of those threads.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
The current ones are only about a year old. The ones prior had been stickied for atleast two, or three years. We could redo them, but would it really even benefit that section? There are still some newer posts being made in those particular threads, keeping that in mind, I'd say we should atleast give it another month or two to make a decision. If we don't get newer posts than we should definitely consider remaking them. Although the lack of activity makes me wonder if we'll even get new posts in the remade versions of those threads.

Furthermore, it seems useful to have a collection of posts expressing other people's viewpoints; you understand how widely your opinion is held or find information that changes your mind.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Given the actual volume of posts there are waaaaaaaay too many subforums and categories and subforums within subforums within subforums. It'd be smart to condense a lot of it into single forums for things - instead of having a whole bunch of dedicated individual game forums, have a single one. It'll cut down on threads like "Is the two-hundred and seventy-sixth frame of the new trailer for Zelda Wii U cool?" because people won't feel the need to populate an entire subforum with threads about a single, unreleased game, and it'll consolidate a lot of discussion into one place which will make it feel more active which will in turn lead to it being actually more active.

When you have so many subforums where the most recent post might have actually been a week ago, it makes the entire site look turgid and slothful. Cut down. Condense. Streamline.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Given the actual volume of posts there are waaaaaaaay too many subforums and categories and subforums within subforums within subforums. It'd be smart to condense a lot of it into single forums for things - instead of having a whole bunch of dedicated individual game forums, have a single one. It'll cut down on threads like "Is the two-hundred and seventy-sixth frame of the new trailer for Zelda Wii U cool?" because people won't feel the need to populate an entire subforum with threads about a single, unreleased game, and it'll consolidate a lot of discussion into one place which will make it feel more active which will in turn lead to it being actually more active.

When you have so many subforums where the most recent post might have actually been a week ago, it makes the entire site look turgid and slothful. Cut down. Condense. Streamline.
I understand that this merger attitude was very popular with the forum staff for years but I have constantly argued against the whole time. It makes things much more difficult to track and moderate. It makes the resulting bigger section appear to have more activity even though overall activity actually drops because people are less likely to reply in a fast moving section than they are in more specialized ones that have topics that interest them. And speed and post quantity isn't everything and we shouldn't sacrifice practicality and functionality just for some falsely inflated sense of activity and size that just isn't true.

I actually think we should do the exact opposite. I think we need to divide the sections up back like they were in the old days. Maybe not the same categories. But certainly not what they were now. Game Help needs to be its own section again. It just has no place being merged in the general master section. I know it's wishful thinking, but I think actually we should have one subsection, per game. Why the hell not? Can you give me one good reason why? Other than "activity isn't high enough." Who cares about that? And it's not even true. I am certain we'll actually see an overall increase in activity. We can still use the master forum to have general series conversations or about games outside the main series. And instead of each game being a main forum, have them be subforums, or even subforums of subforums if need be to keep them organized. Clean looking forum lists doesn't require merging things into one disorganized, chaotic blob. All it needs is some clever organizing and planning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom