• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
What compromise exactly? Enough vagueness, those phrases are all well and good but they are meaningless without some concrete change.

Sure, we want you, Kitsu, Rep, basically everyone...to stop mocking people. That would be a huge start.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Sure, we want you, Kitsu, Rep, basically everyone...to stop mocking people. That would be a huge start.
Right again you refuse to accept any blame. This is why no "compromise" is happening.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I for one think the distinction between a 'tech' admin and otherwise is silly. It's just fighting over meaningless semantics since they have all the same perms (and tech admins can give themselves perms so taking way mod perms is equally pointless).

You could always elevate mods to admin status in terms of their permissions. Just designate certain people certain roles.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You could always elevate mods to admin status in terms of their permissions. Just designate certain people certain roles.
DM I just pointed out how mods are not told what to do by admins. Can you address this since you think tech staff should take orders?

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Who am I mocking?

Also, me and many people would love you to stop trolling. That would be a huge start.

Though your group is also responsible for much trolling. We could both agree to stop? Also, define what you mean by trolling?

Right again you refuse to accept any blame. This is why no "compromise" is happening.
I told you what we want. You're more than welcomed to explain what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though your group is also responsible for much trolling. We could both agree to stop? Also, define what you mean by trolling?

So it's just my "group". Your definition of "compromise" is blame everything on a fictitious group.

Also, idk, creeping out people in the SB with your "hypersexual" nonsense, harassing members like Beauts who don't want to hear that stuff. Spammy posts, abusing the report function etc.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
So it's just my "group". Your definition of "compromise" is blame everything on a fictitious group.
You blame everything on "rear seldas"...is that not a fictitious group? And for the record, no, I, the person who is typing this message DARK MASTER, I do not believe everything is the fault of you and your friends. Seth, I cannot speak for other people, but that is what I personally believe.

You blame everything on "rear seldas"...is that not a fictitious group? And for the record, no, I, the person who is typing this message DARK MASTER, I do not believe everything is the fault of you and your friends. Seth, I cannot speak for other people, but that is what I personally believe.

Uh, no, it's a very real Skype chat group. And I don't blame them for everything, in fact in this very thread I brought up other issues I had multiple times. I do think you and that chat have done more harm than good lately though for ZD.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
What do you even mean?
I kind of lost interest in this particular discussion at the moment because I have a huge headache from everything before. and I don't really know what to do about staff, but I thought I'd just point out that this is what the wiki does. The "rank" above admin there is bureaucrat and we decided to not make a distinction between them and blend the two. We now just have two ranks, admin and patroller. That's it. No one "bosses" anyone around. It's all super casual. Zelda Wiki put way too much stock in authority and rank. Way too many people there cared more about what kind of power they had rather than actually helping the wiki grow. It was a nightmare.

I don't know what the ideal solution is for the forum staff. But... no matter what happens, I would like it to be seen as a cooperative, friendly venture where everyone just helps each other out with no ill will, no vendettas, no power lusting, and no overlording. Just all happy-go-lucky support. Purely focused on keeping things functioning and smooth, without always letting the drama llamas out of their holding pen. This is supposed to be just a hobby after all. Centered around our mutual love for gaming, and the special place we hold for Zelda, even if it's not the only franchise we hold dear. It means something, it's supposed to bring out our happy memories. Not.... whatever any of this has become.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Uh, no, it's a very real Skype chat group.
Sure, just like your 'Science Fiction' groups are "real chats"...but does that mean they're plotting or even discussing this drama? That isn't a question for me to answer; though I can speak for our groups and I'll say with confidence we do not discuss drama in the RS Text Chat. Ask Wolf Sage, Vee, A Link in Time, Matt (who moderate), or even better, I can simply quote logs from our group. It is a six year old continuous Skype group, which isn't concerned with these trivial matters. I think most of us mostly stopped discussing drama in there back when Austin and Xinn were still admins. It gets tiresome.

Edit note: most of us argue a lot about with each other, so I'm not sure how we could be plotting when we're preoccupied.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
The SciFi Chat has been dead for a long time
From what I understand there have been multiple versions. Though you could call this "Rep's group" or the old "Event Staff" chat. It makes little difference. I'm sure you do not deny belonging to an actual "real chat" Skype group mostly consisting of your friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom