• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

So recent discussions conclude:

1. Democratically vote for staff
2. Stop accusing each other of stuff
3. Sort out borked themes that still have 'top posters'
4. Go to ZU if it's so much better than ZD
or alternatively
1. Pretend nothing's happened and ignore it all and hope the problems magically vanish
2. Delete and any all posts that indicate this problem ever existed

Just so everyone's up to date.
No, from what I'm gathering, if you think the current situation is terrible to any degree, you actually hate the forum and don't care about it at all. Because, you know, wanting the forum to get better is not caring. Which is why all of you PROBLEM MEMBERS who think there is a PROBLEM with the current way ZD is being run, or with the current environment and how nothing is actually being done about it, should just leave. Once all of those nasty people leave, everything will get better. The remaining people obviously care so, so much by not doing anything. Things will definitely improve.

Oh, and by the way, for future reference: if you're going to actually enforce rules (haha) in this thread and start infracting people--especially for the replies to this thread, considering most of them break some sort of rule (flaming/insulting other members, spamming, etc.), do so to all parties involved. It's kind of sad that I actually have to say that, but--you know what?--I have to. I have to say it. Because that's what the current state of the forum is. None of this "I'm only going to infract people defending x argument, because they're obviously the aggressors." Bull****. You wanna call me a problem? Great! But then you need to take a step back and realize that this post isn't nearly as hostile as 80% of the posts made in this thread in the past three days.

I'm sorry.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
With the spam I dont think it would have been good to have a top poster for number of threads as it would probably go to a spammer. Though I think a system where the poster with the highest quality posts can be voted for every month would be good.

Who judges what a quality post is? that i think is the issue, i also think it should be either a small group of people or just one person not a forum vote due to some people being more popular here and thus easier to win such a vote.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Oh, and by the way, for future reference: if you're going to actually enforce rules (haha) in this thread and start infracting people--especially for the replies to this thread, considering most of them break some sort of rule (flaming/insulting other members, spamming, etc.), do so to all parties involved. It's kind of sad that I actually have to say that, but--you know what?--I have to. I have to say it. Because that's what the current state of the forum is. None of this "I'm only going to infract people defending x argument, because they're obviously the aggressors." Bull****. You wanna call me a problem? Great! But then you need to take a step back and realize that this post isn't nearly as hostile as 80% of the posts made in this thread in the past three days.

Though I suggest if someone feels they've been unfairly infracted to use the Contest Thread.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Why not clear the staff and vote them in democratically? If the staff are so great then they will get enough votes. We can find a way to have a fair and non exploitable voting system.

I'm not sure what this would achieve. Democratic voting is never the way website leadership is determined. In particular given that this is a volunteer hobby and many members wouldn't even want the position. Do you really think there is a serious problem of the current staff members that some need to be removed?

If so - who? why?

Locke is an administrator but is looking to step down as he isn't overly active at times. Djinn, I think he's admin in name only, since he doesn't actually do much administrating. More like a 'Super Moderators' from days gone bye. Half the forum staff quit within the last couple months. This leaves what 3 people? Are they the problem?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just keep the three mods, I think they're all great and re-voting would just cause more of a drama. It's not like the forum is screaming with posts, just unnecessary drama that creates more problems and more moderation than there really needs to be. ZD probably needs a dedicated tech admin though. If you guys can reconcile with Repentance or advertise the position to someone who isn't involved in this drama and has coding experience then get them on board.

(insert Shia Lebouf quote)

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Because it would allow them to be more focused on "tech-stuff" than drama.

Okay, well instead of just saying that over and over, what do you propose?
Frankly, your 'group' and our 'group' have had a many differences this past year. I suggest we first reconcile this and move on. However, it will require actual sacrifice from both sides. From everyone. This is compromise. Let's just actually do it. I do not think we're really all that different?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Though they should remain tech admins.
This makes no sense. Being a "tech admin" requires you to be able to make decisions otherwise you are just following orders and who the hell is going to follow orders every day without pay? Lol

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
This makes no sense. Being a "tech admin" requires you to be able to make decisions otherwise you are just following orders and who the hell is going to follow orders every day without pay? Lol

Don't mods follow orders from forums admins? I do not see a difference. Just focus on tech. Let the mod team deal with drama.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
What compromise exactly? Enough vagueness, those phrases are all well and good but they are meaningless without some concrete change.
Universally band together and condemn Kitsu for existing and admit that our 'group' has been the cause of every single issue ever?

Don't mods follow orders from forums admins? I do not see a difference. Just focus on tech. Let the mod team deal with drama.
No they don't. Have you ever been staff? Nope. No one gives orders. It's all consensus. Admins and mods have equal say in all staff decisions. Why are you saying things with no information?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom