• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
When people are literally saying they're incapable of typing something into a box.

I suggest that we sticky ablock emotes thread in the community area with specific instructions on how to do it. Most new members are prompted to go there first anyway. There is that you lot happy or is there anything else miniscule and dumb you want to moan about

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
When people are literally saying they're incapable of typing something into a box.

I suggest that we sticky ablock emotes thread in the community area with specific instructions on how to do it. Most new members are prompted to go there first anyway. There is that you lot happy or is there anything else miniscule and dumb you want to moan about

This a thousand times this. If for no other reasons than i tend to forget the right phrasing for it and then have to trawl through threads cuz i can't remember the thread it was in.

Beauts

this is a thread about suggestions and not complaining about activities of others I would ask that complaints of specific members be kept to pm.

Do you know what a suggestion is? I mean usually if you need to suggest something it's because there is a need for something to be suggested, which is usually rooted in a complaint of some kind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
And if past administrators did not upload 86 emotes in less than 7 months time that complaint might have some weight to it. But since this is a thread about suggestions and not complaining about activities of others I would ask that complaints of specific members be kept to pm.
Alright then, I've got a suggestion. How about the staff listens to people for once and does what needs to be done instead of ignoring all the ****ty stuff that occurs and letting the forum turn into a toxic post-apocalyptic wasteland (because that's kinda what it's feeling like rn). Or perhaps actually hire some staff that give a damn about the forums and actually care about what happens to it because the current administration is lacking incredibly in that department. Rep and Kitsu were some of the best admins the site's ever had, and they were driven off not only because of certain users, but also because of the other staff and the decisions they make pertaining to said users. So I highly recommend listening to what people like them have to say for once and turn this forum into what everyone wants it to be. The way things are going, this place is going to die, it's already approaching that time at a rapid rate. How about actually doing something useful instead of sitting on your asses and watching grass grow. If I had it my way, I'd make sure somebody did something or just delete the entire board.

I don't even care if I get infracted for this post, I'm just tired of all the bull****. I used to love it here, now I'm reluctant to even sign in. People need to take some initiative instead of standing by and letting this place go completely.

Beauts

Ok first of all I'm gonna head this off by saying I acknowledge that I have not always been a good member of this forum. There's a reason I got the golden key for most improved poster. There were times that I was horrible to be around, irl and on here. Largely that was due to me being severely mentally ill. But I got better and I turned it around and my friends on this forum were a big help to me. As were the people who weren't my friends but were willing to give me a second chance. And I honestly believe that there are an outstanding number of members who feel the same I do.

This used to be a safe haven where people came because it was ok they were a mess. I know it's a Zelda forum but it became about friendship, not just games. It's died off for a number of arbitrary reasons, for example the fact that Zelda WiiU hasn't surfaced, the HH killed theory, etc etc. But people still came back here to talk to their friends and have discussions even if sometimes those discussions got out of hand. This is why we got new staff last year, so those problems would be resolved. And you know what, they were resolved for the most part. But then, a knot of users who contribute very little to the actual forums basically started low-level rumour spreading and gossip about the staff and some of the active members. This created a hell of a lot of negative feeling over time. These are people I got on with until I got into a relationship with someone they viewed as 'toxic', and suddenly I felt like public enemy number 1. Now, to have experienced that myself, I would be able to point fingers, but lets be real, nobody needs to, everybody knows exactly who those people are. And nothing gets done. The staff members who solved the issues and worked really hard on the tech side too, have quit because of this and the fact that other people feel that because they have friends among that group they don't need to help anyone but themselves. If this was a school playground it would be considered bullying, pretty much.

Now who are the toxic ones, the people who happened to be disliked by that knot of users, or the knot of users that spent a lot of time and effort on casting the people they disliked in a bad light?

I would suggest making an actual effort to put aside your personal feelings and solve the problem. That's your job as a staff member. Listen to what the community is telling you. If you want the fun of the job and none of the responsibility you should not be doing it. I mean no disrespect to anybody here. As far as I'm concerned I get on with the current staff. But put your thinking caps on. Don't cast this off as people complaining, it's people looking for an outlet to save something that has been important to them. Nobody should be brushed aside or punished for that.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
And if past administrators did not upload 86 emotes in less than 7 months time that complaint might have some weight to it. But since this is a thread about suggestions and not complaining about activities of others I would ask that complaints of specific members be kept to pm.
Oh, we've done nothing but add emotes I see. Right? Djinn, if you are just going to insult me and Kit when we've done more than practically anyone in our time as admin you are only making yourself look silly. Apparently we can't upload emotes in between actually doing admin things lol

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
This is the Official Suggestions Thread, not the Cult of Kitsu thread. This is supposed to be for legitimate suggestions for improving the forum. If all you want to do is complain about how your Lord and Savior Kitsu was unfairly forced from the throne, take it somewhere else. You're wasting everyone's time with it. Either suggest something constructive or leave. If you wish to discuss with your fellow Kitsu Cultists, I'd suggest you create a group for it instead of flooding this thread with this nonsense.
I'm pretty sure he was also referring to me, Loz, Seth, curmudgeon and vergo who all left for the same ****ing reasons more or less but I guess he's just a kitsu cultists XDDDD

Next you're gonna say that we were all on the verge of being demoted. So delusional.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
How many times did you tip your fedora while writing this post?
Three.

I'm pretty sure he was also referring to me, Loz, Seth, curmudgeon and vergo who all left for the same ****ing reasons more or less but I guess he's just a kitsu cultists XDDDD

Next you're gonna say that we were all on the verge of being demoted. So delusional.
You made all made it quite clear who you were blaming in that resignation thread. And what I can say the only delusion was on your side. Thinking we were out to destroy the site when it was in fact the exact opposite. We were trying to protect the site from the likes of your group, who were repeatedly abusing users on a daily basis as you keep doing here. You all played victim. The whole "oh poor me, I'm being oppressed" all while you sadistically tortured people for fun. You might have your twisted little group of supporters, but the most people at ZD were terrified of your group and are glad you all resigned and the rest of the staff weren't happy either. There's no one left on the staff left to protect any of you, to let you get away with torturing users. If none of you wish to be banned, you should stop right now with the blame game and start behaving.

This is not the place for this kind of nonsense. None of this helps the forum. This is supposed to be about the old smiley group. I think they should just be deleted entirely. They are unprofessional and they instantly turn away new users. No amount of "but it's so easy" is going to stop that. Even something you think is simple, like typing something into a box, is going to be intimidating to a noob. You can't make the assumption that just because it is easy for you, that it must be easy for everyone. We once did this before, voted out the Knights, maybe that's what we need to do here. Vote out the smiles. I'm pretty sure only a vocal minority will want them saved while the majority will want them gone.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Alright then, I've got a suggestion. How about the staff listens to people for once and does what needs to be done instead of ignoring all the ****ty stuff that occurs and letting the forum turn into a toxic post-apocalyptic wasteland (because that's kinda what it's feeling like rn).

Just my observation over the years. I actually think the current status quo of the forums is actually a preference in comparison to the alternative. I haven't always had this view, but I do think that for almost all cases for a message board, the best course of action is no action.

While I don't agree with some of the perceptions of current (and former) forum staff. I think a 'perceived' incompetent staff is better than an overzealous staff.

Oh, we've done nothing but add emotes I see. Right? Djinn, if you are just going to insult me and Kit when we've done more than practically anyone in our time as admin you are only making yourself look silly.

I think it is also silly to say you've done more in your time than some of the previous forum administrators. You and Kitsu did a great job, in particular around the transition to XenForo. It's not healthy to get into a shouting match about other administrators. Mosley, Justin, and other past administrators made a lot of notable contributions to the forum as well.

@Mases, @Locke etc, hell even @Matt, how many members complaining about something does it take until you all figure out that it is a problem?

So the 7 or so staff members all resigning under Locke and our current system status quo are just conveniently delusional? The site activity is dropping like a rock for the same reasons those staff members left. Myself included. Some of our longest running users dont even want to log in at this point anymore.

As a Mod, if I brought anything up in staff chat it got nowhere. Discussion after discussion getting dropped. Members who were malicious trolls we weren't even allowed to give a warning for. This sheer incompetence of management here is mind blowing. For days after demoting me I still had mod perms. Locke is Admin and he doesn't even know how to remove perms properly! But bungling that was still better than stonewalling every staff attempt to actually moderate. Locke only cared about punishing someone when it was Kitsu. Locke was at his best when he was ignoring the forums. At one point I just started moderating on my own and what do you know, stuff actually got done.

But like I said, it's Raer Dungeon now. One group of trolls have driven away so many members, members who in this VERY THREAD are saying as much. Yet we were never allowed to do anything. The staff is utterly useless. Certain trolls are given untouchable status, no matter how many dozens of complaints we get about them. Even when the entirety of that staff agreed to infract someone, it never happened, because Locke said no. And anyone in the staff a couple of months ago knows exactly the situation I am referring to, but it was par the course.

And actually, I agree Mases, we don't need more mods. We have more active mods than users at this point. Just kill the forums already Mases, this slow death isn't becoming of you. Just stick a knife in it already like you've been wanting to do. Disqus is the future.

Also, I am somehow still able to ban myself from the SB, so my permissions STILL aren't fixed. I don't understand how someone can screw up permissions this badly. It's a simple operation, but Locke can take a simple task and somehow break reality and do things that shouldn't even be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom