• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have a suggestion! If there is something or a feature you don't like on the website which has the option for you to not have to see it like idk the fact you can block emotes or use a normal theme, put your big girl panties on and disable it yourself instead of *****ing about it all the time. I would assume that if you are capable of writing complaints all the time then your hands work so you're capable of a few clicks of a button. There are people who are ok with the emotes and sure nobody likes that one theme but then again most people spend their time on something other than literally looking for obscure non-problems. If things were that bad you would have stopped coming on this website. Onto my suggestion, stfu. If you want this to be a community treat it like one not like a battleground for your little posse of losers

Edit: I know what's coming oh ignore her it's not worth it blah blah

Yes you can block the emotes if you don't like them, but they are still too big. If I or another member puts something in the shoutbox because they want to say something and these emotes are being spammed or even lightly used in some cases. I may be able to see what I have put, and a few emote codes but others cannot because there are huge pictures for them which have moved the text below the point anyone can read it. There is just no need for there to be big emotes. It doesn't add anything positive to this site, it doesn't generate discussion, it generates spam and rots the brain.

''If things were that bad you probably would have stopped coming on this website''?
There are a lot of people who don't like the emotes or spam around here and there are those who have left because they don't want to put up with it. It is not an obscure non problem, it is a massive problem because of the number of people affected. I don't leave because it's too big of a habit to break and there is still good around here despite the bad.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Yes you can block the emotes if you don't like them, but they are still too big. If I or another member puts something in the shoutbox because they want to say something and these emotes are being spammed or even lightly used in some cases. I may be able to see what I have put, and a few emote codes but others cannot because there are huge pictures for them which have moved the text below the point anyone can read it. There is just no need for there to be big emotes. It doesn't add anything positive to this site, it doesn't generate discussion, it generates spam and rots the brain.

''If things were that bad you probably would have stopped coming on this website''?
There are a lot of people who don't like the emotes or spam around here and there are those who have left because they don't want to put up with it. It is not an obscure non problem, it is a massive problem because of the number of people affected. I don't leave because it's too big of a habit to break and there is still good around here despite the bad.

The reason people have left is because of the assholes that continue to permeate the forums with their poison. Maybe it's escaped your notice but the only people saying that's the reason people have left are the ones causing the problems in the first place.
Rep already told you numerous times how to block the big emotes. The obscure non problem I was referring to is the theme which nobody actually uses therefore people should really learn to zip it when they complain. Things aren't that bad, once you remove a couple of sad pathetic oxygen thieves who enjoy spending their time making some people's lives unnecessarily unpleasant here. I don't feel like I should have to mention names but youre smart you know exactly who I'm talking about.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The reason people have left is because of the assholes that continue to permeate the forums with their poison. Maybe it's escaped your notice but the only people saying that's the reason people have left are the ones causing the problems in the first place.
Rep already told you numerous times how to block the big emotes. The obscure non problem I was referring to is the theme which nobody actually uses therefore people should really learn to zip it when they complain. Things aren't that bad, once you remove a couple of sad pathetic oxygen thieves who enjoy spending their time making some people's lives unnecessarily unpleasant here. I don't feel like I should have to mention names but youre smart you know exactly who I'm talking about.

I know how to block emotes. It's not the problem. The problem is the big emotes block the text for those who can see the the emotes.

If you are an emote viewer and you see a shoutbox full of just a couple of big emotes. Someone who had blocked them would only see a couple of lines of the code of emotes as well as the text below them. Placing a big emote is like shouting obscenely over someone speaking normally. That's what I'm trying to say.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
There's this thing called "compromise" where you find a sort of "middle-ground-solution." Both sides have interesting points of view and should be considered. So, to solve the emote problem, why not just make it EASIER to block the emotes? Just like with the BESTZDERS theme, they can be set to off by default, then switched on with just a few clicks? Doesn't that make more sense?

Beauts

I know how to block emotes. It's not the problem. The problem is the big emotes block the text for those who can see the the emotes.

If you are an emote viewer and you see a shoutbox full of just a couple of big emotes. Someone who had blocked them would only see a couple of lines of the code of emotes as well as the text below them. Placing a big emote is like shouting obscenely over someone speaking normally. That's what I'm trying to say.

This is my point though. If you have not blocked the emotes and find it annoying that they block the text, BLOCK THEM. I fail to see how this is so beyond your understanding.

Not only is there literally a command that will block ALL of the giant emotes (into the block emotes area, type THEBESTEMOTES~), so you never even have to THINK about them again. And THEBESTZDERS theme is disabled by DEFAULT, so god that's a stupid complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is my point though. If you have not blocked the emotes and find it annoying that they block the text, BLOCK THEM. I fail to see how this is so beyond your understanding.

What's the point in seeing my own text if nobody else can read it, they cant read it because there are big emotes that have moved it down.

Beauts

What's the point in seeing my own text if nobody else can read it, they cant read it because there are big emotes that have moved it down.

Usually when that happens people have already read it or had nothing to contribute to what you said? I still don't see the problem tbh. You're acting like that's all people ever do is spam emotes. Actually hardly anyone even talks in the shoutbox anymore, especially not during the hours that our timezone operate under. And that isn't because of the emotes. That is because of the *****ing about the emotes, and the *****ing in general, plus the obvious thing driving any Zelda forum down being the lack of a game to talk about.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There's this thing called "compromise" where you find a sort of "middle-ground-solution." Both sides have interesting points of view and should be considered. So, to solve the emote problem, why not just make it EASIER to block the emotes? Just like with the BESTZDERS theme, they can be set to off by default, then switched on with just a few clicks? Doesn't that make more sense?
How could it be any easier than typing THEBESTEMOTES~ into a field?

Kylo Ken

That's the thing, say I was new to the site, maybe I want the emotes gone, and I have no idea that all I need to do is type that in the correct place. I COULD talk to a staff member, but I'm new. Get where I'm going with this?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
That's the thing, say I was new to the site, maybe I want the emotes gone, and I have no idea that all I need to do is type that in the correct place. I COULD talk to a staff member, but I'm new. Get where I'm going with this?
I have that description listed in the preferences.

Kylo Ken

But is it common knowledge? Would a new user know immediately about the profile settings? If you recall, it was you, Rep, that had to help me block the emotes because it just didn't come as easy to me as it did to you. I'd imagine a new user is likely to feel the same way.

Perhaps we could make some profile tutorial, then? That's a little more complicated than a on/off switch set to off by default, but it could still work.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
But is it common knowledge? Would a new user know immediately about the profile settings? If you recall, it was you, Rep, that had to help me block the emotes because it just didn't come as easy to me as it did to you. I'd imagine a new user is likely to feel the same way.

Perhaps we could make some profile tutorial, then? That's a little more complicated than a on/off switch set to off by default, but it could still work.

If I were a new member and there was a profile tutorial, I would probably get turned off by it right away, either by not coming back to the site anymore because I have to do a tutorial, or I would skim through it and not learn anything anyway. But that's my 2 cents. Maybe instead make the default to not have the emotes. Those of us who like them are probably the older members here anyway, and would be more comfortable talking to someone about how to get them set up again. Maybe members could set it up so the emotes will show on their profile page unless other members suppress profile enhancements, so it would give the emotes visibility without making them overbearing. After all, if a member doesn't know how to suppress profiles, they could choose not to visit the profile or ask the person how to turn them off so they can speak there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom