• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I personally wish the private shoutboxing was back. I very much enjoyed that option.
Also, is the arcade gone, because I don't see it on my screen anymore.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
No. The main concern is custom themes for mini groups and/or personal use. Because Tingle isnt purple enough, and maybe I have my own ideas

Dan

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
It's not the same if it can't be forced upon other users, where's the fun in showcasing your eye shattering design if no one can see it? We need to go back to the time where users were REQUIRED to highlight light pink text on a light red background!
says one of the people who okayed EyeSore ( now with 150% headache)

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Why not delete unused Groups? If it's inactive for too long, send the group creator a message saying that if they don't post something in the group(or something), then the group will be deleted.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why not delete unused Groups? If it's inactive for too long, send the group creator a message saying that if they don't post something in the group(or something), then the group will be deleted.

I suggested this to the other staff a while ago but it wasn't a popular idea. I think the main difficulty that they'd thought we would have with this is coming up with the requirements for having a group and keeping it from being removed (number of members, number or posts etc). Inactive groups aren't a huge deal I think but I can see why having a large amount of inactive groups is a bit of an eyesore. Groups (that have been around for a while) with literally a single member are also a bit pointless I think.

If others (staff and members) would like to chime in with their opinion on this matter that'd be appreciated.

What would you say should be considered spam DM? I just removed a few groups made by bots the other day if those are what you're referring to?

Djinn

and Tonic
Inactive groups were never really an issue, but quite a few people in the past were not too willing to part with their old groups even if they were inactive for long periods of time. So we largely left them alone since they never took up much space in the first place.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Ok, making the criteria for removing a group can be a little tricky, I'll be happy to help the staff with this task, though. I don't think this idea should be swept under the rug just because we can't think of why. Djinn brings up a good point, though. However, if the criteria is fair and just, the member should not have any objections to it being removed. If they're thinking rationally, that is. If they aren't, then that's not our problem, and they're going to have to deal with it. After all, the group would not be up for deletion if it were active or shown signs of life.

If the group has not gained any members or posted any content, then it is subject to be removed to avoid clutter. (I think that's a good place to start with making criteria)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom