• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There used to be a system where you could rate threads on the forum but thread making appears to be a thankless task these days. People just don't seem to click the like button for threads very often, even if it is a thread they have had good times in and have had a good debate.
I think maybe having some kind of rating system to reward the making of quality and enjoyable threads would be a good idea.

Dan

There used to be a system where you could rate threads on the forum but thread making appears to be a thankless task these days. People just don't seem to click the like button for threads very often, even if it is a thread they have had good times in and have had a good debate.
I think maybe having some kind of rating system to reward the making of quality and enjoyable threads would be a good idea.

In all my years here at ZD the only times I saw a thread receiving a rating was more often than not for malicious reasons. I've never understood why someone would want a reward for making a post or thread. People should post/create threads because they want to be informative, funny, discuss matters close to them or to generally contribute their opinions.
even if it is a thread they have had good times in and have had a good debate.
If I made a thread that exhibited the above then It would clearly confirm that people have appreciated my thread.

You desire a rating system yet note that people "don't seem to click the like button" I don't see how a rating system will fair any better, nor do I see the point in one when theres not nearly enough activity here on the boards to warrant one.

Dan

I've noticed many threads have a habit of getting derailed (especially that spirit tracks one) and the result isn't pretty. Which is why I think we need a train wreck feature which allows users to mark if a thread has been derailed or not, when enough users have marked the thread as derailed a little image of a wrecked train should appear next to the thread. Perhaps however it would make more sense to automatically mark all threads derailed until enough users have marked it as not off the rails.

So how about it yo

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Okay. here is my thing.

Can you make it Possible to make our Own Themes? and if it is already Possible, can you point me in the right direction?

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Okay. here is my thing.

Can you make it Possible to make our Own Themes? and if it is already Possible, can you point me in the right direction?

If you're on Firefox, you can use the add-on "Stylish" to make your own theme for certain sites. I like this, because a lot of forums I browse have a blinding white background and it looks just awful *cough*Bungie.net*cough*, and there are user-submitted styles that are easy to find and download. Depending on how the site's coded, you can completely change the layout, too.

OT: I'd like to see a drop-down menu below a user's post, which can reveal/hide their signature at any time. Most users here have a billion gifs in their sigs, and while some of them are quite humorous, it looks painfully cluttered when browsing threads. If the site ever happens to have a population explosion, a Karma system with memeber ranks/titles would help to reward good behavior and discourage ****posting, provided someone doesn't abuse it with alts/their own little circlejerk group.

The ability to specify Avatar by URL to change one's Avatar would also streamline things a bit.

OT: I'd like to see a drop-down menu below a user's post, which can reveal/hide their signature at any time. Most users here have a billion gifs in their sigs, and while some of them are quite humorous, it looks painfully cluttered when browsing threads.

Some users tend to hide all their signature junk in spoiler tags, or at least they used to. Dunno what happened.

If the site ever happens to have a population explosion, a Karma system with memeber ranks/titles would help to reward good behavior and discourage bad posting, provided someone doesn't abuse it with alts/their own little circlejerk group.

Been there; done that. There actually used to be a ranking system on here before the forum switched from vBulletin to Xenforo. There were Hylian Knights, 'role model' members; Hylian Nobles, 'Hall of Fame' members who contributed to the forums a great deal over time and were handpicked by Hagopian; and a host of 'job-type' ranks aside from Moderator, Administrator, and Community Coordinator (e.g., Article Writer). Before then, there were ranks like Hylian Hero, Arbiter, etc. and even a reputation system. Each ranked member was denoted by a color and/or a rank title underneath his/her username. After much deliberation and dispute, however, the said ranking systems were abolished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom