• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:56 PM - Fig: >only art he's good at is Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:55 PM - Fig: >has no art school
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:55 PM - Fig: >site needs trophy makers
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:54 PM - PrincessNiki: sup
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:54 PM - tessylation: Hi guys
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:48 PM - PrincessNiki: :pikalove:

Can we please do something to keep the SB from adding the bit on the left automatically?

They aren't handled fast enough because when they are, people accuse the moderation team of acting on BIASED™ impulse instead of waiting for everyone to come to a consensus. Which would be several hours after the fact, most-likely. Having someone dedicated to handling shoutbox issues would just be this accusation come to life. There is a solution to this problem, but it's pretty HORRIBLY CORRUPT™ if I do say so myself.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yea but i can see that report function being abused. The Archive would clear the innocent but it'd still waste mod/admins time to check it out.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
To remedy this I was thinking maybe we should promote someone to just handle SB issues

This simply isn't practical. Somebody responsible enough to do this may as well be full moderator so they can fulfill other duties and communicate with the other staff better.

either that or we bring back the SB report option like we had before the switch to Xenforo.

This is ideal, and hopefully plausible. Right now we have people usually report a person's profile page or message a moderator of the issue instead, which is a greater hassle for both the person reporting and staff themselves.

Yea but i can see that report function being abused. The Archive would clear the innocent but it'd still waste mod/admins time to check it out.

If somebody were to abuse this hypothetical new SB report feature, they'd obviously get in trouble and would probably just get SB banned so they can't use it any more.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I disagree with the notion that SB issues aren't handled fast enough. It's protocol to often SB ban when it's called for before talking to other staff because of the nature of the SB, and then following that we discuss it with the staff, unless there are other staff who are online who we can discuss with immediately. But we've always given SB bans quickly and we can always remove them as easily as we gave them if the other staff don't agree.

In the General Gaming area of these forums we need a stickied topic called "What games are you looking to purchase soon?" You could also call it "what games are you hyped about at the moment"

I ask this as there currently is no topic where we can talk about the games we are looking to purchase. Be them new games coming soon, new to VC or just old games we never got around to playing but want to purchase soon. A sticky topic for this would really be nice as we could then talk about all those games we want to purchase soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom