• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Stalker Goggles? Is this a feature I don't know about? I had no idea normal users could see when people are invisible.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Some people like their privacy. I for one feel more safe when people aren't able to see everything I'm doing. I don't care if I'm being stupid and you find it meaningless. I don't like the feeling of being constantly watched. Just let me be on the site in peace.

I would like stalker goggles to be removed, tbh.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'm just saying most people couldn't care less what any random individual is doing? Explain to me how any part of my post was belittling. Harshly worded, perhaps. But not insulting. This next part can be seen that way, so I'm spoilering it.

This is about par for you, Pancake. Every time someone makes a point you don't agree with, you freak out and leave in a huff. It's old.

Jamie

No one called you ********, autistic, or belittled you.

For the record, I deleted the Stalker Goggles/Lens of Truth or whatever. It completely undermines the purpose of the invisibility setting. I'm not sure where you purchase it so let me know if it's still there. If anyone bought it and would like to be reimbursed, please PM me.

Jamie

I'm tired of you guys treating me like ****.

I am tired of you clogging up perfectly good threads with insults, ridiculous amounts of cursing, and playing victim when literally no one here said anything mean to you. I almost always try to stay out of this kind of thing but I would really appreciate it if you stopped acting like everyone is out to get you when we aren't. No one here has done anything to you. Perhaps this post will just make you more angry but this is important to say. If you have a problem with how anyone is treating you, PM a moderator, and keep it out of these threads. Thank you.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For the record, I deleted the Stalker Goggles/Lens of Truth or whatever. It completely undermines the purpose of the invisibility setting. I'm not sure where you purchase it so let me know if it's still there. If anyone bought it and would like to be reimbursed, please PM me.

I didn't see it in the shop, so I'm pretty sure it was successfully deleted. Thank you.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I would prefer Stalker Goggles be the thing that gets removed.

I like my invisibility. It lets me lurk comfortably without people questioning why I never log out. I don't really mind having my posts visible to others, but people seeing what I'm doing online does bother me sometimes, especially when it's on a day where I'm not feeling up to things like Mellow Ezlo described. I can totally relate to that feeling.

Why do we even have Stalker Goggles in the first place? Like, really. Why? I can understand mods having a need to see through invisibility, but normal members? No. There's no call for that. What the heck. Let us be invisible in peace.

That happens? I'm online with one device or other nearly 24/7, since I never turn my laptop off. Nobody ever says anything about it.

I'm actually struggling with understanding the purpose of invisibility. Even without shoutbox announcements, if you make a post, people will see it. Why does it matter if someone can see if you are online or not? I'm not saying it's irrational or stupid, I'm genuinely curious. Could someone who utilizes this function explain it to me?

It's not THAT big of a deal; at least for me, it isn't. (Although, it does kind of irk me because it reminds me of that gosh-forsaken Facebook thing, but that's a minor, personal issue.) If you guys change it in accordance to what I suggested, fine; if you don't, I won't lose any sleep over it. Seriously, I'm not "that guy." All I'm saying is, it shouldn't matter if invisibility seems pointless to you or whatever. It just so happens to be a feature on here that people use, and it doesn't make sense to have it AND a real-time user activity bulletin in the shoutbox, too. It's kind of counter-intuitive, you know? You might as well--if feasible--hide activity announcements for invisible users--as part of the 'package', or remove invisibility; though the latter might require further deliberation and user input.

Just a thote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom