• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't see how that is relevant. I proposed a legitimate idea, I'd rather you focus on that rather than what font I use.

I am mulling over the idea and its feasibility. I thought I would also make a joke while I was at it.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Anyway that the user badges - which look really nice - could be scooted down a few pixels to make them less flush with the user title? Small thing and entirely unnecessary, but it'd look nicer to have a feather there.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the Forum Volunteer and Site Staff badges might be better colored, or would that be too confusing without colored usernames? As they are now, they're really hard to distinguish.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I made the icons grayscale since transparency didn't work with the medallion design. Also, made the triforce on the Staff medallion more visible: http://puu.sh/cvT8K/bd30a082e5.png

Suggestion: Make AWs gold again, and make Comm. Coordinators orange. The shade of blue they are now looks like the Mod color on ZD Bright and it's almost identical to HK Purple on the darker ones.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I suggest we bring back the 1 a day post for sb access. I know from personal experience that nobody wants to post if you have open chat. I haven't posted nearly as much not only because of the chatbox, but because other people are more interested in that as well.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I suggest we bring back the 1 a day post for sb access. I know from personal experience that nobody wants to post if you have open chat. I haven't posted nearly as much not only because of the chatbox, but because other people are more interested in that as well.
That'd be an unnecessary restriction. And the reasoning you gave is unfounded. Having a shoutbox doesn't make people want to post less. It's a baseless conclusion that has been made several times without any evidence. All the top 10 shouters are posting regularly. Some not as prolifically as others, but still regularly enough. And the top ones posting a lot, including yourself. Sometimes there isn't anything interesting to post about. And the forums have a number of other issues which discourage posting, issues not everyone even can agree are even issues. It's complicated. Boiling it down to the shoutbox is not reasonable.
As of this post, they are, as of this post:
  1. Snow Queen 13482
  2. Lemmy Koopa 8999
  3. JuicieJ 6125
  4. Fig 4867
  5. Azure Sage 3531
  6. Durion 3450
  7. Kitsu 3377
  8. Deku Shroom 2601
  9. Wolf Sage 2409
  10. Matt 2336
Everyone in the lifetop top ten here, since the last shoutbox purge, post on a regular basis, if not once daily, then at least a few times a week, which isn't bad. You yourself seem to be making about five or so posts a day. That is not bad. It's way more than most. You shouldn't be worried about it being too infrequent.

Bottom line, this isn't going to accomplish anything but annoy people. If it is even possible with this shoutbox in any case. Forcing people to post to access it might actually have the opposite affect and encourage poor quality posts just so someone can re-enable it.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
That'd be an unnecessary restriction. And the reasoning you gave is unfounded. Having a shoutbox doesn't make people want to post less. It's a baseless conclusion that has been made several times without any evidence. All the top 10 shouters are posting regularly. Some not as prolifically as others, but still regularly enough. And the top ones posting a lot, including yourself. Sometimes there isn't anything interesting to post about. And the forums have a number of other issues which discourage posting, issues not everyone even can agree are even issues. It's complicated. Boiling it down to the shoutbox is not reasonable.
As of this post, they are, as of this post:
  1. Snow Queen 13482
  2. Lemmy Koopa 8999
  3. JuicieJ 6125
  4. Fig 4867
  5. Azure Sage 3531
  6. Durion 3450
  7. Kitsu 3377
  8. Deku Shroom 2601
  9. Wolf Sage 2409
  10. Matt 2336
Everyone in the lifetop top ten here, since the last shoutbox purge, post on a regular basis, if not once daily, then at least a few times a week, which isn't bad. You yourself seem to be making about five or so posts a day. That is not bad. It's way more than most. You shouldn't be worried about it being too infrequent.

Bottom line, this isn't going to accomplish anything but annoy people. If it is even possible with this shoutbox in any case. Forcing people to post to access it might actually have the opposite affect and encourage poor quality posts just so someone can re-enable it.

Bruh. Bruh. Lets calm down. Im just sayin, get a few more posts in ya know? If theres nothing interesting to talk about, make something. I mean, you may think its an unnecessary restriction, but I think HK is an unnecessary usergroup, but we have that anyways so~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom