• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Perhaps it wasn't articulated well enough, but reversions we decided would be allowed within the 6 month period, however it would reset the 6 month wait. For example, UserA changes their username to "UserB" on June 1st, 2014. They would not be able to get a name change until December 1st, 2014. However, they get it reverted on August 1st, 2014. Now, they cannot get a name change until February 1st, 2015.

Snow Queen's recent name change did violate the 6 month rule, but only because she did it for personal reasons. To protect her own personal privacy, we agreed to allow her another name change.
Okay, thank you for the clarification.

Staff:
9cd58a9fa7.png

Volunteer:
ff2a956837.png

Scribe:
9012752fd8.png

I honestly can't even make out what they are supposed to be. They have like zero contrast and look awful. I also think the large banners look pretty bad, given their overall shape, offsetting and weird desaturated glow. Why the sudden rush to do this, anyway? I wanted completely new banners and badges, this is all spur of the moment and honestly I think it looks horrible.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I honestly can't even make out what they are supposed to be. They have like zero contrast and look awful. I also think the large banners look pretty bad, given their overall shape, offsetting and weird desaturated glow. Why the sudden rush to do this, anyway? I wanted completely new banners and badges, this is all spur of the moment and honestly I think it looks horrible.
Unfortunately a lack of clarity in the small badges is just a given from their nature. If that's a problem, then MAYBE there shouldn't have been a push to delete ranks because of "clutter." You're never going to be able to tell what the small ones mean just like that.

That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that the first two have non-existant contrast. The WS one is better, but the first two I just can't even tell at all, it's just a muddy gray.

Main thing though is that I think there should have been a complete redesign of everything, even new rank colors. This is just like re-arranging the old stuff but making it look worse.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that the first two have non-existant contrast. The WS one is better, but the first two I just can't even tell at all, it's just a muddy gray.

Main thing though is that I think there should have been a complete redesign of everything, even new rank colors. This is just like re-arranging the old stuff but making it look worse.

I still don't think that site staff should be a rank. Instead there should be one for individual staff positions that it can cover. Like news writer, article writer, facebook posters, walkthrough, twitter people, youtube people, wiki ranks. There are plenty of colors to pink from. There's plenty of symbols in Zelda we can use. The small badge format gives us more flexibility to do that.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei

I agree with this. The designs do look awful.
There is no need to rush this. I'm sure on ZD there are enough people willing to submit designs. Just make a thread about it. Heck even throw in a reward as a design contest while you at it.

Though im not sure what you guys are trying to accomplish here. I thought this badge idea was meant for clans. This just looks like some sort of semi-rank to me.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
There is no need to rush this. I'm sure on ZD there are enough people willing to submit designs. Just make a thread about it. Heck even throw in a reward as a design contest while you at it.

Though im not sure what you guys are trying to accomplish here. I thought this badge idea was meant for clans. This just looks like some sort of semi-rank to me.
No, the badge idea was before clans. The clan idea just meshed with it very well and made it more practical to consider.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

The idea was to "reduce clutter".

I wasn't even bothered by the clutter part, but I liked the idea of the badges. I didn't expect them to be implemented this quickly but I would just view it as a prototype for now. There was discussion of only keeping the primary ranks (Admin, Mod, CC) but the badges underneath allow both. It could probably do with some adjustments, and that can happen.

Yeah this is exactly what I wanted to do.

There were a couple similar ideas proposed, a lot centering around clans, but also an idea to make ranks like WS et al badges instead of full ranks. Regardless I really think this shouldn't be rushed and there should be a thread getting input for new banners.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why? They look fine to me.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The only problem I have with the new banners and the badges are the terrible shadows/glows. Other than that they aren't really that bad except the Site Staff and Volunteer one could be better.

Why were they rushed by one person?

The admin banner is possibly the worst:

admin.png

The pill shape is bad enough, but then the weird embossed crest and misaligned text (which looks bad on its own even). It just looks like an embossed pill from hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom