• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Noticed this today, but I don't think people should be able to edit posts in their blog. I think deleting should be an option, but to outright change what a person says is wrong, IMO. I mean, yeah, I guess it does say "post edited by so-and-so" but why not just make the option to delete and keep people from doing the passive-aggressive nonsense?

Yeah, I noticed this a while ago. I don't see any reason for it to be enabled (just today, it was abused in this blog), as deletion/reporting of comments is handled separately. It's a simple permission switch and can be disabled without affecting anything else.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Noticed this today, but I don't think people should be able to edit posts in their blog. I think deleting should be an option, but to outright change what a person says is wrong, IMO. I mean, yeah, I guess it does say "post edited by so-and-so" but why not just make the option to delete and keep people from doing the passive-aggressive nonsense?

Yeah, this has been going on for a while, as Kitsu says. Also, as it's right next to the "reply" button, I've often found myself hitting "edit" accidentally. I'm in support of removing this privilege for non mods.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
cb7fa9de50.png

Um. Is there a reason we switched to this?

ᴹᵒʳᵉᵒᵛᵉʳ, ʷʰʸ ʷᵃˢ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵍᵉᶰᵉʳᶦᶜ ᶜʳᵃᵖ ᵘˢᵉᵈ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵐʸ ᵗʳᶦᶠᵒʳᶜᵉ ᶦᶜᵒᶰˢ﹖

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I was wondering if we could change the icon limit to something like 150px by 150px. I don't recall being told whether or not this was possible, but I think it'd be a reasonable change.

I was wondering if we could change the icon limit to something like 150px by 150px. I don't recall being told whether or not this was possible, but I think it'd be a reasonable change.

Updated for all groups. Avatars and profile pictures (seems silly to have a different limit for profile pics than avatars) are now buffed to 150px by 150px and the file size limit raised to 64KB by default.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I am leading a holy crusade against the heathen emoticons. Much blood will be spilt. Many tears will be shed.

Do a thing where emote uploads are regulated. Any emotes of too large will be rejected before they can be uploaded, and uploads can be made once a month.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm going to let you know that it was me who deleted the Doctor Who emotes (who I've only recently been informed is not "Dr." Who, but "Doctor" Who). It felt good.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I'm going to let you know that it was me who deleted the Doctor Who emotes (who I've only recently been informed is not "Dr." Who, but "Doctor" Who). It felt good.

You better watch your back from now on and never, ever, blink. Otherwise my friends will bring you to a place where you will be exterminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom