• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Mods have a limit of 100 images, and webmasters/admins are unlimited. Community Coordinator and Article Admin are limited to 4. Site staff and Article Writers have a limit of 7.

Certainly the Comm. Coordinator and the Article Admin groups are like that by mistake (new). Site Staff and AW should have the same as users. Mods... Eh, I don't really care, but 5 like everyone else would be fine. Admins I really believe should have unlimited. Although it will almost never be necessary for an admin to have more than 5 images in their signature, admins should have the ability to go past restrictions like this if deemed necessary, imo. That's my 2 cents.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Everyone should have the same limit. There's no reason, that I can see anyway, that justifies one group having more. Something as insignificant as a picture limit in the signature of posts shouldn't be that big of a deal anyway, but if higher ups have a higher limit for literally no reason then it makes it seem like they have better privileges.

Jamie

Everyone should have the same limit. There's no reason, that I can see anyway, that justifies one group having more. Something as insignificant as a picture limit in the signature of posts shouldn't be that big of a deal anyway, but if higher ups have a higher limit for literally no reason then it makes it seem like they have better privileges.

They do have better privileges. Full ACP access, can't be banned, infracted, warned, can post announcements, can ban, promote, delete accounts. They can even delete the whole fricken website. That is the point of the Admin rank. It is precisely why the rank is only given to trusted individuals. They can do whatever they want and they are trusted to only violate restrictions if deemed necessary. Will having more images in your signature ever be deemed necessary? Probably not, but I think we can trust Locke and Djinn to only exceed the limit if it is deemed necessary, just like we trust them with the fate of the entire forum.

EDIT: Phone auto correcting promote to premenstrual is the funniest thing that's ever happened to me on this forum.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
They do have better privileges. Full ACP access, can't be banned, infracted, warned, can post announcements, can ban, promote, delete accounts. They can even delete the whole fricken website. That is the point of the Admin rank. It is precisely why the rank is only given to trusted individuals. They can do whatever they want and they are trusted to only violate restrictions if deemed necessary. Will having more images in your signature ever be deemed necessary? Probably not, but I think we can trust Locke and Djinn to only exceed the limit if it is deemed necessary, just like we trust them with the fate of the entire forum[/]
By "privileges" I meant the basic privileges that are available to every member. Making things equal gets us away from this whole "ranked members are superior" concept, which is why a lot of the HK privileges were either removed or given to non ranked members as well.

About the Admin thing, there's no way to restrict an Admin as they an simply bypass the rule if they wished to. My post is basically saying, keep the limit the same for everyone. Simple.

Jamie

By "privileges" I meant the basic privileges that are available to every member. Making things equal gets us away from this whole "ranked members are superior" concept, which is why a lot of the HK privileges were either removed or given to non ranked members as well.

About the Admin thing, there's no way to restrict an Admin as they an simply bypass the rule if they wished to. My post is basically saying, keep the limit the same for everyone. Simple.

Sure, I can agree with that. I can jibe with you. I share those same sentiments. I love you.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Back on topic guys ;)

Oh and Fig, I think you've misinterpreted what Rep was saying. I'd suggest Pming him to sort out any confusions.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm honestly a little bothered that this thread (and a few others) has become a place where people come to argue with one another over trivial things. If you feel offended then please just PM somebody. I've noticed that people on here are much easier to get through to when you talk one-on-one with one another. Also, it's one thing if you're debating over a suggestion, but it's another if you're arguing over a comment someone made. I'm not trying to mini-mod, but I would greatly appreciate it if people would take one step back and realize how meaningless this argument is. If you disagree that it's meaningless and wish to continue anyways, then at least take it to PM or Skype. I know that I can't be the only one who is so tired of seeing everyone bicker over minor issues.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
More than a suggestion, this is a request. I was just wondering whether I could have my user name be in all caps. If it can't be done, I understand, but if it can, please change it to all caps. ~Archangel

--edit-- Also, didn't know where to post the request, so I posted it here.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
More than a suggestion, this is a request. I was just wondering whether I could have my user name be in all caps. If it can't be done, I understand, but if it can, please change it to all caps. ~Archangel

--edit-- Also, didn't know where to post the request, so I posted it here.
You would post this in a Private Message to a Community Coordinator such as Thareous, A_LINK_IN_TIME, In_time, Locke, or myself. Well, not myself. Happy hunting!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh snap, that didn't cross my mind. lol I will surely pm Tharry about it; he's been very helpful.

This is a good idea. In the future, if you read the F.A.Qs or PM a Communtiy Coordinator, they are sure to get back with you like white on rice.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Noticed this today, but I don't think people should be able to edit posts in their blog. I think deleting should be an option, but to outright change what a person says is wrong, IMO. I mean, yeah, I guess it does say "post edited by so-and-so" but why not just make the option to delete and keep people from doing the passive-aggressive nonsense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom