• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Forum Leaders page is automated and organized alphabetically. It could be changed manually, but then it would also cause the option in the usergroup settings in the ACP to be useless, which would be much harder (and not recommendable) to remove. We could create a separate vBulletin options profile to manage usergroup displays and organize them, but I don't know anyone who would be up to the task of tackling the coding involved.
If this is the case, I doubt there is the need to go to that much trouble then :p

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
For next year's GKA's, I propose to staff and writers something. Just listen to what I have to say.

Writers: If you write and like to post your stories here, how about you join a special event and enter a story for competition for next year's GKAs. That means that once you finish and post your story here, (only one can be entered if you write more than one) you'll automatically be entered to compete in that category: Best Story of the Year.

Staff: Well, if you like the new category and the idea, all you have to do is make it happen next year. For the story there would be rules, of course, or requirements a writer has to meet in order to be eligible. Example, the story has to be 10 chapters long at least, with the word count being somewhere in between 10000+

Even if this is not approved for the GKAs, I will probably host a special Writing Contest so we can get this going. ~Archangel

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
We already have Spam-O-Matic. It might have been deactivated briefly at some point, but it's been active for a while now.

I just updated the registration questions, so we should be safe for another month or so.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think either the GD shouldn't count for posts, or both the GD and the CA should count for posts.

I have made about 150 legitimate posts in the Community Area, in threads like the HK thread, or the "Rethinking Conventions" threads, and yet none of it is added to my post count. However, some people have 1500 posts in the GD basically outlining what they had for breakfast in the morning. Minor issue, sure, but I think either both boards shouldn't count, or both boards should.

Djinn

and Tonic
But...it's the most important meal of the day...

For the most part postcount was turned off in the community area due to the amount of intro threads and posts (something which I did not personally have a problem with since it encourages lots of replies to new members anyway). I would be more inclined to turn postcount on in Community.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think either the GD shouldn't count for posts, or both the GD and the CA should count for posts.

I have made about 150 legitimate posts in the Community Area, in threads like the HK thread, or the "Rethinking Conventions" threads, and yet none of it is added to my post count. However, some people have 1500 posts in the GD basically outlining what they had for breakfast in the morning. Minor issue, sure, but I think either both boards shouldn't count, or both boards should.
Maybe we could able/disable post count for certain threads. IIRC they disabled post count for the song thread, so maybe they could do the same for some GD threads. Vice versa could be applied to CA threads by allowing post count for discussion threads.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Turning it off in general discussion would kill the post counts for a number of people. And most if it has much more substance than the contents of our morning meals. I think it should be on for everything except forum games, mafia, and roleplay. But on in everything else. The community area honestly doesn't get that much posts for turning on post count to be a big deal. And the only people who post a lot in that section are ones who are active in welcoming new users, which is not a bad thing, or active in community issues, which is a good thing. It's just the games that are problematic because they encourage people to make a huge number of silly, just for fun posts that are sometimes the only point to a game.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I see absolutely no reason to remove the post count for anything but forum games, mafia, and RP. If spam threads are really that much of a problem then it would be much easier to remove them. The GD can have quality threads. There is no reason to remove post count from there.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
But...it's the most important meal of the day...

For the most part postcount was turned off in the community area due to the amount of intro threads and posts (something which I did not personally have a problem with since it encourages lots of replies to new members anyway). I would be more inclined to turn postcount on in Community.

This would be good. I don't see why introducing yourself or welcoming members should not count as posts. It is an important part of the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom