• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Then these changes should have been announced by them, and they should be taking the lead on them. You said you'd work on this stuff when back from the marathon, but it's really their job. I think it would help to establish them more as authority within the community AND solve a lot of these issues if they did take the lead on a lot of these suggestions. Half of the posts in the last few pages are about you being inactive and requesting you to resign, so it's obvious that very few people here think of as the technical admin, and maybe that's because the community coordinators don't seem to be picking up the duties that people expect you're supposed to be doing.

Talking to them and helping realize these things that you want to do through their actions will be one huge step toward getting people off your back. If you call yourself the technical admin, then have them do the things that everyone is accusing you of not doing.

What if I were to tell you that Locke is working with us to get to these changes underway, and that the boundaries of our duties are broadening and becoming clearer? But this doesn't mean that the Community Coordinators are trying to establish themselves as an authority (that is to say, I'm not); rather, I'd like to think of this position as a way to help improve community and bring it closer together as a whole. Of course I recognize that improving the community won't transpire overnight, and neither will these changes. Every single major transition requires a ton of discussion and organization before it can go into effect. As you know, it took the Knights several months to agree on and implement the new nomination system, and more recently the Golden Key Awards underwent a lengthy routine of preparations.

Having all of these expectations of immediacy will not quicken the process of getting changes of any sort up and running. Locke can only do so much at one time, and so can we. Have patience, and the results will present themselves soon. It's not even been a week since Alit's promotion, but now we're coordinating more than ever with his additional input.

Fig

The Altruist
There is a glitch that allows you to buy mareeps for free and sell them for 600 gold. I reported this to alit and I'm not sure if anything has been done.

Are you freaking kidding me? I was meaning to buy a Mareep because from the shop it had Mareep because it had Mareep and I know how much she loves Mareep and it is frustrating that now I don't have that option. What's even more irritating is that this is another case where yet again people abuse the system and only till it has already happen that I just find about it. I really don't think it is fair for those that do actually make real posts (because I don't see spamming threads as real posts) just to try to have enough gold to buy unlimited gifts or buy some items in the shop. If I were to spend my gold right now on just gifts alone, I would probably only be able to purchase 9-11 gifts which may seems a lot but believe at least 1/4 of that goes to the same user and then probably 1/3 to another and so forth. Thus if I was broke and started out with 0, I would probably need to make 40-50 posts before I can buy another one. I get that it promotes me to make more posts which is good for the forum in general, but sometimes I just want to buy a gift without worry about how long it will take me to buy another gift.

Samarium said:
It's still BS.

It is. Though I didn't intend to sell my mareeps. But I had so many, they broke my profile, so I was given no choice but to sell them. ALIT meant to just edit the shop item's attributes, but accidentally deleted it instead. Which is okay by me because I still had 900-some mareeps and my inventory was so messed up.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
For the last time. It wasn't a glitch. K4KING had it set that way.

I'm sorry. It had slipped my mind. I was only meaning to explain the situation to Pancake.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
By the way, I would like to suggest someone to get that new impact award or whatever it's going to be called. Mandy here makes a huge amount of graphics for the forum and is completely deserving of such an award. I hear she is even planning on making graphics for the mafia awards. I hope she gets the credit she is due.

In this case Djinn deserves a huge medal for all the things he has suggested. NONE of his ideas were accepted only the competition being brought back and now all of a sudden other people bring up his ideas and it is accepted right away. This irritates and annoyes me. Yes I'm a fan of Djinn and his work. He is doing a great job and he has spent many time finding solutions and stuff. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy things are going as we wanted it but it is annoying that this was brought up years ago already by Djinny and it was rejected. None of the latest changes I see happening weren't mentioned before. Credit goes to the one who deserves it. So Djinn in the ZD Hall of Fame

Last edited:

Jamie

In this case Djinn deserves a huge medal for all the things he has suggested. NONE of his ideas were accepted only the competition being brought back and now all of a sudden other people bring up his ideas and it is accepted right away. This irritates and annoyes me. Yes I'm a fan of Djinn and his work. He is doing a great job and he has spent many time finding solutions and stuff. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy things are going as we wanted it but it is annoying that this was brought up years ago already by Djinny and it was rejected. None of the latest changes I see happening weren't mentioned before. Credit goes to the one who deserves it. So Djinn in the ZD Hall of Fame

With all this in mind and reading his ZD Accomplishments, I fully agree. In fact, someday I wouldn't mind seeing him with a green name if the rank is still floating around. I'm glad ALIT and Thar are here now as it allows for people like Djinn to have their ideas noticed more often.

Jamie

Unfortunately vbulletin language filters do not work that way. It is global or nothing.

I haven't worked a ton with vBulletin, but I am confident that someone with the proper coding knowledge could easily create a language filter that did work this way. This is again an issue that is either due to laziness, or a lack of help. Both of which can easily be remedied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom