• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Ytterbium said:
A little late for your reply, but I edited my post above yours to that effect.

e66c093f9a.png

e66c8e1c3b.png

A little late for your edit, but the timestamps say otherwise. Nice try, though.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Perhaps the mods and associates are not as faithful to the chat as you seem to believe...

I never cared at all how faithful to it they were, I'm just saying that since mandy isn't a part of it it's odd for her to act as if she knows exactly what it going on with it. For all we know she could have been fed false information. I just want to hear from somebody who is in it.

Drakon said:
I never cared at all how faithful to it they were, I'm just saying that since mandy isn't a part of it it's odd for her to act as if she knows exactly what it going on with it. For all we know she could have been fed false information.

I don't know anything. Didn't have much to do with forum decisions, even when I was a mod, because I was usually ignored. Just brought it up because people kept complaining about communication issues. Sorry for causing concern, Drakon.

I just want to hear from somebody who is in it.
And, same. I know Wyatt was in the modchat, because he was admin, but now he's not, so I'm waiting for someone who is still in the modchat to speak their thoughts. Not that he isn't allowed to say anything. Anyone's input is valid, but since he probably isn't as in-the-loop on forum matters as he used to be, now that he is no longer in the modchat, I would rather hear some input from someone who is.

Kybyrian

mandym287 said:
And, same. I know Wyatt was in the modchat, because he was admin, but now he's not, so I'm waiting for someone who is still in the modchat to speak their thoughts. Not that he isn't allowed to say anything. Anyone's input is valid, but since he probably isn't as in-the-loop on forum matters as he used to be, now that he is no longer in the modchat, I would rather hear some input from someone who is.

I understand your certain reservations to the moderator group in general, and yours especially towards me because of your own removal from the group for some issues of your own in the past, but sarcasm and victimization isn't going to move the forums in any more of a positive direction than it has been going; this is the type of thing that drove members and moderators like Vergo out of the door. Why can't we just have a discussion?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I don't know anything. Didn't have much to do with forum decisions, even when I was a mod, because I was usually ignored. Just brought it up because people kept complaining about communication issues. Sorry for causing concern, Drakon.

No, I'm sorry, I worded that poorly. I didn't mean for that to come out as an attack against you or anything. I now there were complaints about communication issues, I just didn't know that any of them specifically had to do with the Skype chat. I guess I'm just out of the loop.

Ytterbium said:
I understand your certain reservations to the moderator group in general, and yours especially towards me because of your own removal from the group for some issues of your own in the past, but sarcasm and victimization isn't going to move the forums in any more of a positive direction than it has been going; this is the type of thing that drove members and moderators like Vergo out of the door.

What are you talking about? I have no grudge against anyone here on this forum. Though that sort of remark suggests that... you might?

Why can't we just have a discussion?
Sure. Sounds like we're already having a discussion, though... it kind of has a few stray thoughts here and there. I said your input was valid, so I don't see why you think I'm disregarding your opinions.

Djinn

and Tonic
Constant back and forth is not exactly helping the discussion.

Yea people have tried in vain to reignite the office section but either a lot of people do not look at it, rarely go there, who knows. But a chat system for instantaneous conversation goes a lot faster than making a post then waiting for others to reply especially when it comes to staff discussion on something that needs reviewing quickly.

Indium said:
Yea people have tried in vain to reignite the office section but either a lot of people do not look at it, rarely go there, who knows. But a chat system for instantaneous conversation goes a lot faster than making a post then waiting for others to reply especially when it comes to staff discussion on something that needs reviewing quickly.

The way I see it, now that Wyatt pointed some things out to me, there should be some sort of combination of the Skype chat and the office forum, and the content of one should be constantly shared with the other. Sort of a compromise maybe? I mean, not everyone is on the forum when things need to be discussed, true, but not everyone is on Skype all the time, either. Depending on the device someone is using to access the internet, only one of the two might be an option and if you really needed to mention something, you shouldn't be forced to wait until you have access to Skype. Though, if I recall, the Office forum used to be used for so much more than just, like, well... a trash can, and unless there has been a change in the past few years, which I have a feeling there hasn't, it's still like that.

It'd take a lot of revising, but I think it'd be something to try sometime.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why can't we undo likes

It's kind of annoying when you go to report something and then accidentally like it.

Because the people (person) behind the tech side of things has limited web development knowledge and operates almost solely on plugins, and refuses to accept help from outside sources (check out my blog for more details).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom