• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Does the gift have a degrading or insult message attached to the gift? You can check what the message has to say by hovering over the gift. If it is a gift with a message that insults the person then the gift should erased. However if the message is as simple as a hello, I don't think it should get erased or deleted as it doesn't affect the user in a negative way.

Insulting is of course subjective and Lucia X was personally bothered by the gift as it referenced his old username despite him saying he didn't want odd to do that. Odd was just joking but I think Lucia X has the right to get a gift erased if he so pleases.

Dan

Odd had mean intentions, regardless I want the gift removed.
I'm with Pancake that would be lovely.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Why doesn't Locke just step down to put someone who is actually interested in something outside of the wiki in charge? Either of the community coordinators would be great choices and I can think of a number of other people. As far as the tech side of things go, all that's been done since I joined was the installation of the BoWoB chat, so it wouldn't be much different and I'm sure they could find someone to help anyway.

Honestly completely baffling. It is extremely unfair to the members of ZD to have an Admin that doesn't want to do anything. Locke's inactivity is detrimental to the entire forum, and he is genuinely hurting the forum by his actions. If he cares even the slightest bit he should resign.

I don't doubt that he's busy but we simply cannot have an Admin that is too busy to make changes.

I have honestly grown to question that myself, since for awhile Locke has mainly been concerned with the Wiki and Mario Kart 8, possibly real life matters too, but I've mainly seen him in those two chats on Skype, albeit the Mario Kart 8 discussion has been a bit inactive lately and as such I haven't seen him in there specifically for a week or so. Only he knows what all he's up to really, but for awhile prior to now that's where I saw a lot of his activity on my end, yeah. Huh, and in regards to the subject of him stepping down, I question if he isn't allowed to...and by that, I mean before the previous Admin was apparently not allowed to step-down for the longest time due to the fact that Mases didn't want him to, so that may be the case now or it's some other reason even. Again, I guess only he would know, but the site has needed more attention from him for awhile now really and time and time again we have found ourselves questioning what may be going on. I'm pretty sure he knows this too, that he's not exactly doing as good as he could and should be doing...

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I have honestly grown to question that myself, since for awhile Locke has mainly been concerned with the Wiki and Mario Kart 8, possibly real life matters too, but I've mainly seen him in those two chats on Skype, albeit the Mario Kart 8 discussion has been a bit inactive lately and as such I haven't seen him in there specifically for a week or so. Only he knows what all he's up to really, but for awhile prior to now that's where I saw a lot of his activity on my end, yeah. Huh, and in regards to the subject of him stepping down, I question if he isn't allowed to...and by that, I mean before the previous Admin was apparently not allowed to step-down for the longest time due to the fact that Mases didn't want him to, so that may be the case now or it's some other reason even. Again, I guess only he would know, but the site has needed more attention from him for awhile now really and time and time again we have found ourselves questioning what may be going on. I'm pretty sure he knows this too, that he's not exactly doing as good as he could and should be doing...

He is doing little things here and there but if he's simply going to be mostly inactive or ignore people as he has been doing then I hope he soon finds himself able to step down if for some reason he is currently unable to.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
He is doing little things here and there but if he's simply going to be mostly inactive or ignore people as he has been doing then I hope he soon finds himself able to step down if for some reason he is currently unable to.

We shall see I guess, Community Coordinators were made to kind of do some of what he is meant to do since he's been so busy and inactive for whatever reason all this time, but even so, there was still a lot only he could do and usually when he's needed he's nowhere to be found, also for that matter and in my experience on Skype you can never know when he sees your messages since if you try to speak with him one on one he usually won't ever reply. He was like that when he was just a Mod too, but yeah, he's more often than not MIA and just seems bitter and uninterested in the happening on the forum now that he is an Admin. Kind of backwards logic, but whatever I guess, I can't say that he'll be stepping down or anything really, but maybe something else will happen. Again, time will tell and we shall see what may end up happening...either way, it is a troublesome matter indeed, can't say I have anymore input on it.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
We shall see I guess, Community Coordinators were made to kind of do some of what he is meant to do since he's been so busy and inactive for whatever reason all this time, but even so, there was still a lot only he could do and usually when he's needed he's nowhere to be found, also for that matter and in my experience on Skype you can never know when he sees your messages since if you try to speak with him one on one he usually won't ever reply. He was like that when he was just a Mod too, but yeah, he's more often than not MIA and just seems bitter and uninterested in the happening on the forum now that he is an Admin. Kind of backwards logic, but whatever I guess, I can't say that he'll be stepping down or anything really, but maybe something else will happen. Again, time will tell and we shall see what may end up happening...either way, it is a troublesome matter indeed, can't say I have anymore input on it.

Explains why Mases hired him.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Explains why Mases hired him.

Hmmm, now there's an interesting question...I can maybe PM you what I do know about it though, this is a thread for suggestions and it has kind of spiraled off into discussion a bit too much, so I feel that may be what's best done.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Hmmm, now there's an interesting question...I can maybe PM you what I do know about it though, this is a thread for suggestions and it has kind of spiraled off into discussion a bit too much, so I feel that may be what's best done.

Sorry, that was sarcasm XD

Enough off topic and slightly rude post now >.>

The problem is that no one with the power to do anything about the forums actually wants to do anything. Even among all the complaining about the forums, there is no desire to improve anything. Everyone just wants to casually ***** and moan and then go back to ignoring the problems. There hasn't been any real leadership on the forums since Mosley and Justin, and despite practically every active member trying to help in some way, all that's ever done by the upper staff is more *****ing. Moderators try to handle basic day-to-day operations without any kind of leadership whatsoever. For all intents and purposes, the site has no administration period. It hasn't had any in a long, long time. Yet, again, the slightest attempt to improve the forums and the community is met with opposition (largely be people who are no longer involved in ZD, no less!).

Moreover, there seems to be a general attitude amongst both some upper staff and some members that the forums are filled with hostility and anti-mod attitudes, yet there is really no evidence of this. The ZD forums themselves are extremely mild compared to literally every other forum I've seen. No forum will ever be completely peaceful, the very attempt to make it as such brings resentment and hostility. In my experience, nearly all the "hostility" or "mud-slinging" or whatever, has been on the part of people who would rather sit far away from the actual community and make the occasional passing jab at this group or that group. As far as I can tell, the only people who actually want to do anything about the forums, hell, even the site itself, are those who are never allowed to. There is an extremely stagnant statist attitude among so many people, including Locke. When issues are brought up, it's either "no everything is fine", or "the forums are not the main attraction". The latter is especially ridiculous because of the fact that the forums are literally the only reason ZD still exists as a community. You can talk about walkthroughs and content all you want, but that hasn't been the thing keeping people on ZD for many years, and I think everyone knows that.

The biggest problem is that no one with the power to do so is willing to act. Everyone seems to be caught in a loop of not being sure about their jurisdiction or not sure about this or that, needing input from an admin, etc. I think the problem is worse than a lack of leadership; there's what seems to be complete apathy to the point that people are so deluded they will believe anything no matter how absurd, so long as they don't have to do anything.

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Why is there a character limit when writing PMs? I've recently found that I've needed to exceed this 10,000 limit on more than one occasion. Is there a way to increase it at all?

This is something minor, but... there should be a specific descending order of the user badges. I'm probably nit-picking, but the inconsistency of seeing some people listed as, for example: Article Writer, Site Staff, Moderator...and then someone else listed as Site Staff, Moderator, Article Writer really bothers me. Actually, we probably could go for a new user badge design in general, seeing that these are four years old and are really generic, but it's not a priority.

Last edited:
Regarding the gifting issue, I would like to contact Locke after the marathon about whether or not Thareous and I can have access to editing the Point Market. We already have these permissions for the vBshop so it's only logical that they should be expanded to include the Point Market as well.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I got another suggestion which has already been brought up by Djinn in the past. What if instead of the medals for the awards we can have trophees? And I mean gold, silver and bronze so we can also hand out awards to second and third places? Just a fun idea, not an absolute must

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom