• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
May I make the suggestion for the mods to be stricter with off-topic banter in this thread? What few suggestions existed previously already weren't getting much attention, and now they're getting drowned out in debates over moderator actions and the like.

I don't see anything wrong with people using this place as a vehicle to bring attention to bad mod decisions (to a certain extent), but when it devolves into bickering over whether a person has or hasn't been treated unfairly it's really time to take the discussion elsewhere.

The report button and PM function are there for exactly reasons like this.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
May I make the suggestion for the mods to be stricter with off-topic banter in this thread? What few suggestions existed previously already weren't getting much attention, and now they're getting drowned out in debates over moderator actions and the like.

I don't see anything wrong with people using this place as a vehicle to bring attention to bad mod decisions (to a certain extent), but when it devolves into bickering over whether a person has or hasn't been treated unfairly it's really time to take the discussion elsewhere.

I agree, my post is more on topic and nobody has even gave it any attention...

So what's the deal with this new chat thing? Apparently some people had their computers crash while trying to load it. I can load it but if I don't use it once its loaded the light thing starts going crazy and then I have to reload the page I was on.

See what I mean?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm not a moderator either but I am almost 100% sure that Quaffler locked the thread because he believed it wasn't fit as a writing piece, not because he thought it was rude, otherwise he wouldn't have given me the green light to blog it. Tip: mods aren't always right, they make mistakes. Vee thought it was okay as a writing piece as she moved it to the Writing board. You are simply grasping at straws.
The reason why I moved it was indeed because it was a story and therefor should be moved to the writing forums. There are more stories posted in the past that weren't considered writing pieces. But still were left alone. I personally didn't find your story rude or something. And like you said Sir Q didn't lock it for that reason either.

Hmmm I agre with TBR. We should get on with the serious suggestions and I do have one in mind though. Some suggestions can only be answered by Locke since he is the admin. Maybe we should have a technical/admin suggestion topic and one for the forums in general? Because the chat causing a pc to crash is more technical and stuff.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hmmm I agre with TBR. We should get on with the serious suggestions and I do have one in mind though. Some suggestions can only be answered by Locke since he is the admin. Maybe we should have a technical/admin suggestion topic and one for the forums in general? Because the chat causing a pc to crash is more technical and stuff.

I think the problem is more having a sole thread dedicated to suggestions, a single suggestion post can be hard to miss during discussions; a forum might be better for getting heard. Make a new thread per suggestion, which means discussion of a certain suggestion does not drown out others and we can actually discuss them without having to stop in order to remain on-topic, and when a suggestion is replied to by a member of staff the thread can be locked and moved to an Archive sub-forum, which would be public. Additionally that makes it easier to review past suggestions and how staff answered them, and staff can answer them more leisurely.

Dunno how people would feel about that but I think it would help organisation and let us discuss topics without drowning out other people's suggestions.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think the problem is more having a sole thread dedicated to suggestions, a single suggestion post can be hard to miss during discussions; a forum might be better for getting heard. Make a new thread per suggestion, which means discussion of a certain suggestion does not drown out others and we can actually discuss them without having to stop in order to remain on-topic, and when a suggestion is replied to by a member of staff the thread can be locked and moved to an Archive sub-forum, which would be public. Additionally that makes it easier to review past suggestions and how staff answered them, and staff can answer them more leisurely.

Dunno how people would feel about that but I think it would help organisation and let us discuss topics without drowning out other people's suggestions.

I agree, it would help to keep people on topic, and it would be alot easier.

I actually like this idea. It's easy for a suggestion to get buried in a thread like this one, and often people want to flesh out a suggestion more, or just discuss it, and it's hard to do that in a thread that also contains a dozen other suggestions at any given time. The whole "Petition for X" thing was kind of an ad-hoc "solution" to this, but obviously it'd be better to have an actual forum section dedicated to suggestions. That way each suggestion could get its own thread, and when a suggestion is either rejected or implemented, the thread could be locked with the relevant reason.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Can we have a rule about no satire in the MD? I don't want to see the situation that happened with the female orgasm thread again...I might ruffle some feathers by saying this but I feel that it needs to be brought up. Even though we only had one person who was majorly offended, that's enough. I have nothing against satire, but I just...feel that the MD is no place for it.

It doesn't have to be a "do this once you're banned" rule...

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Can we have a rule about no satire in the MD? I don't want to see the situation that happened with the female orgasm thread again...I might ruffle some feathers by saying this but I feel that it needs to be brought up. Even though we only had one person who was majorly offended, that's enough. I have nothing against satire, but I just...feel that the MD is no place for it.

It doesn't have to be a "do this once you're banned" rule...

Alternatively a "Serious Discussion" section (where things are to be posted seriously). Then Mature discussion could simply be "adult" content, not necessarily serious. Or ask folks to post [Serious] for all topics that the OP wants discussed seriously.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Alternatively a "Serious Discussion" section (where things are to be posted seriously). Then Mature discussion could simply be "adult" content, not necessarily serious. Or ask folks to post [Serious] for all topics that the OP wants discussed seriously.

Maybe the Mature Discussion forum could be renamed Serious Discussion and then there could be a Mature Discussion, like you mentioned, sub-forum within it

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I do think that there should be a separate area in the Mature Discussion (sub-forum would be best in my opinion) for adult related content. Or add prefixes so people can filter out topics they may be more sensitive to.

But making an area as a place where non serious threads can be made, I think kind of ruins the whole point of said thread being made. As was pointed out before, a satire thread looses it's meaning and purpose when everyone knows it is satire, and it can also become more of a joke thread with people playing along. Though satire can be a strong way to show one's opinion at times, if it creates problems like the one it did, or encourages spam, I think it would be a better idea to just not allow it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom