• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think the depressing thread should be locked/deleted. It seems to me to be a place for people to post suicidal ramblings, not sure that's really appropriate for the site.

I happen to agree with you about some members really posting way too depressive things. And some posts do scare me a bit. Maybe a split?

Maybe merge it with Things on Your Mind? I am not sure that would help, I just feel that those kinds of posts aren't a very good thing to have posted constantly and should be discouraged. Obviously if the person wants help they can PM someone but the level of suicidal posts is staggering.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I guess the depressing thread encourages negative thoughts more than anything and such thoughts can affect others and their mood, which I can see as a potential problem. I still think people should have a place to air their grievances, but displaying it in a public thread seems quite redundant as, like said above, it's much more appropriate to handle such manners in a private fashion as this helps both parties a hell of a lot more.

I think the word "depressing" leads to this more than anything, so maybe a change in title?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's not people airing their grievances that I find a big issue, it's the fact that it's full of people saying they want/plan to kill themselves that I think it becomes really inappropriate. I agree maybe a different name would help, who knows though.

Yeah I see what you mean. Honestly I don't want to say "don't air your grievances" but I think it's much more appropriate to handle it in private conversations and such as suicide is a very... very personal issue and term shouldn't be used lightly. Yeah and I guess seeing suicidal thoughts in a rather friendly discussion section isn't exactly healthy for the forum.

Yeah I see what you mean. Honestly I don't want to say "don't air your grievances" but I think it's much more appropriate to handle it in private conversations and such as suicide is a very... very personal issue and term shouldn't be used lightly. Yeah and I guess seeing suicidal thoughts in a rather friendly discussion section isn't exactly healthy for the forum.

Clearly, the solution is a ZD Festivus Thread.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I happen to agree with you about some members really posting way too depressive things. And some posts do scare me a bit. Maybe a split?

It would be for the best, I think. A lock, or a split. Btw, just wondering...can I suggest stuff for the competitions in this thread here?

Erbium said:
Why am I not an admin yet
b992b4b30d.png

Dan

10500 Gold for shoutbox access. ;)
Then allow gold to be brought with real money so for example $10 = 1000 Gold.
People buy that **** like crazy for shoutbox!
Mases snorts all that cash up and lives the rich life...

Oh they were planning to do that already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom