• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
How about a ZD skin themed after Team Flare?

TEAMFLAREDUNGEON.png

Last edited:
Why don't we use that recent user customization exploit to our advantage? We let users create their own fun user groups; however, it's only allowed one per user, thus there is no room for blatant abuse. Moderators will have to regulate whether or not the title is appropriate. Also, I would like to suggest that holes be patched so that users can't have images next to their names. I'm all for user made usergroups, but I've resorted to blocking people in the SB because the images by their names are bothering the absolute hell out of me. I'm not saying this out of jealously, I'm saying this out of pure annoyance. Also, can we also patch the exploit that allows users to change their username color? Obviously this creates a problem, no matter how big or small.

For user made usergroups, I was thinking 500-1,000 gold. It's pretty cheap, but like I said, you only get one. Also, there should be a character limit, so no one ends up like Kybyrian.
Not sure if you were around at the time, but I talked about this at length in the chatbox WAAAAY before the badge exploit became a thing. Granted, I did kind of bring it up during a period of high chat activity, so most of what I said was either drowned out, ignored, or incoherent, seeing as how I have a handicap (touchscreen tablet keyboard and big manfingers). Anyway, yeah... My idea was more along the lines of allowing for one custom userbadge that essentially serves the same purpose as a custom usertitle but isn't necessarily connected to a legit usergroup. I mean hypothetically speaking, several members could use the same badge, making it seem as though they're kind of from the same group or something—kind of like playing pretend—if they so choose, or they could make it an extension of the useless Groups thing on here (not an official 'extension' in terms of coding or whatever, just to be clear). And I couldn't agree more concerning those username images; Kitsu's doings served as a glimpse into how ugly those things can get. Even worse, there's only a matter or time before someone exploits the vulnerabilities and injects malicious code, at which point someone'll yell, "This is why we can't have nice things!"

Do you mean is allowing custom badges under the usernames? Allowing anyone to create a usergroup sort of defeats the purpose of usergroups.

I still don't get that personal vendetta of yours in regard to usergroups (lol). I mean, you could always contribute to the wiki or write an article for the site, and thereby earn recognition for your contributions. OR you could continue to complain about it. Decisions. Decisions.

I still don't get that personal vendetta of yours in regard to usergroups (lol). I mean, you could always contribute to the wiki or write an article for the site, and thereby earn recognition for your contributions. OR you could continue to complain about it. Decisions. Decisions.

Me either? I don't know who's making up that I have a personal vendetta against usergroups, but it's not true. The post you quoted was in reply to Atticus's idea for custom badges where he referred to them as usergroups. He latter clarified this for me.

Me either? I don't know who's making up that I have a personal vendetta against usergroups, but it's not true. The post you quoted was in reply to Atticus's idea for custom badges where he referred to them as usergroups. He latter clarified this for me.
Nah. I was referring to that and that other stuff you mentioned numerous times before—about completely getting rid of usergroups, which isn't an inherently 'bad' idea (just pointless). "Personal vendetta" was just fancy wording (darnit Internet; I thought the (lol) would be enough to express the idea). Also, Atticus is a girl ((lol), please work this time).

Clear floating images for iFrames

original.jpg

Fix: (add lines in green)

style.css (line 257)
Code:
.entry p iframe, #the_post p iframe {
    [B][COLOR="#006400"]clear: both;[/COLOR][/B]
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

style.css (line 258)
Code:
.entry .alignleft, #the_post .alignleft {
    float: left;
    [B][COLOR="#006400"]margin-bottom: 10px;[/COLOR][/B]
    margin-right: 10px;
}

After fix:
shot_140514_215330.png

Ganondork

goo
I think that was just really bad formatting on the writer's part, M107. Had they pressed enter like three more times, it would have been fine. Also, I believe WordPress only uses HTML when editing/creating a new post. I've personally never tried to put in CSS, but I don't think it would work.

I think that was just really bad formatting on the writer's part, M107. Had they pressed enter like three more times, it would have been fine. Also, I believe WordPress only uses HTML when editing/creating a new post. I've personally never tried to put in CSS, but I don't think it would work.

The writer shouldn't have to do this, nor do they have to enter in any CSS for it to work. The admin/webmaster would have to add those fixes to the stylesheet "style.css".

Ganondork

goo
The writer shouldn't have to do this, nor do they have to enter in any CSS for it to work. The admin/webmaster would have to add those fixes to the stylesheet "style.css".

I mean the easy fix is actually writing more than the bare minimum, or finding a smaller picture so that the picture and video don't clash. It's more of a formatting issue, but I guess your system takes out most of the human error.

I mean the easy fix is actually writing more than the bare minimum, or finding a smaller picture so that the picture and video don't clash. It's more of a formatting issue, but I guess your system takes out most of the human error.
That's the goal. Prevent any conditions that might cause problems, instead of putting up a sign or a rule for the user to have to follow. :D

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Hi, I use adblock. I only blacklist ads on sites with obtrusive ads because I feel people need to make money, and as long as it doesn't interfere with what i'm doing, who cares. Unfortunately, I've blacklisted Zelda dungeon. You see, the following type of ad I find absolutely annoying.
ads.jpg
It interferes with viewing, I must take the effort to close it, and on slower computers, it lags out. I know you must make money, I understand that, but the ad is disruptive and I would like it it you were to replace it with a friendlier ad. Maybe one underneath the quick post box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom