• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Add dislikes - I've seen them on other vBulletin forums, and they work well. Sometimes you can't convey hatred without clicking a button :)

I'd personally rather not have a dislike button here. I think it could just lead to hatred and it being abused between people that don't like eachother. I can't speak for everyone but I don't think this forum would benefit from a dislike button and I think that others here would also dislike a tool used to "convey hatred".

Djinn

and Tonic
The plugin we are using does allow for a dislike feature but a couple years ago when we had the feedback system there were a few issues with people abusing the negative feedback. Suck as revenge feedback sending or people constantly sending negative rep to people they just do not like regardless of the post.

It just generates more problems than it is worth.

The same plugin does have a post thanks option which I have asked be turned on a few times before.

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I have a suggestion. Don't ban for years valuable contributing members that didn't break any rules. Or, in the off chance he did break some poorly constructed rules that were enforced by a monkey in a moderator suit, I think a simple SB ban would have sufficed. It'd be like if a little kid refused to clean his room in protest of something, and then the parents decided to tie him up and gag him with duct tape and put him in the garage for over a year. Only to have the next door neighbors know about it and refuse to call the police.

Anyway, hey guys. How's it going? :) :loveeyeballs:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have a suggestion. Don't ban for years valuable contributing members that didn't break any rules. Or, in the off chance he did break some poorly constructed rules that were enforced by a monkey in a moderator suit, I think a simple SB ban would have sufficed. It'd be like if a little kid refused to clean his room in protest of something, and then the parents decided to tie him up and gag him with duct tape and put him in the garage for over a year. Only to have the next door neighbors know about it and refuse to call the police.

Anyway, hey guys. How's it going? :) :loveeyeballs:

That is something for the unfair infractions topic. There you can discuss if you agree or disagree with a decision taken by the mods or admins

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Add dislikes - I've seen them on other vBulletin forums, and they work well. Sometimes you can't convey hatred without clicking a button :)
Oh man that would cause a lot of stuff here. Some people can't handle someone disagreeing with them nevermind disliking. Plus it would get abused anyway.

Even though I'm not fond of the idea, maybe there could be a light hearted version like a simple upvote and downvote, but more forum friendly of course. I have heard this before, but what about a "Yeah" and "Nah" system? Oh and maybe "Meh" too.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
How about we have a way to give gold to other members? That way people could easily have a sig/avy/whatever shop, and the gold would be more useful. Right now it's just for buying things like Pokemon for your profile. I've been on a forum that had it before, so I know it can be done. It would make the graphics board more lively, as members buy and sell their creations...

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
How about we have a way to give gold to other members? That way people could easily have a sig/avy/whatever shop, and the gold could be more useful. Right now it's just for buying things like Pokemon for your profile. I've been on a forum that had it before, so I know it can be done. It would make the graphics board more lively, as members buy and sell their creations...

That's already an option. Just go to Gift Shop and click "Donate to another User."

Sheik

:the:
How about we have a way to give gold to other members? That way people could easily have a sig/avy/whatever shop, and the gold could be more useful. Right now it's just for buying things like Pokemon for your profile. I've been on a forum that had it before, so I know it can be done. It would make the graphics board more lively, as members buy and sell their creations...

In the Gift Shop, go to "Gifts" and then to "Donate to Another User". I'm pretty sure that's how you can donate gold.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
While we're on the topic of the Gift Shop, I was hoping we could expand the variety of medals that users could gift to one another. Right now we have a fair selection, but I'd love to see more -- especially medals that correspond with the themes of the site (i.e. Zelda, Pokémon, and Darksiders).

Zelda:
-Triforce
-Master Sword

Pokémon:
-A Variety of Pokéballs
-Pokédex
-Poképuff
-Berries

Darksiders:
-Death's Skull Mask... Face... You know what I mean
-Swords???
-Scythes???

We could also add some more animals (i.e. more cats, some dogs, and maybe even bunnies). Additionally, we could add objects from other video games, such as Coins from Mario, Rings from Sonic, and Metroid(s) from Metroid.

Idk I'd just like a wider variety; also the price for all of these should not exceed 500 gold, making gifting affordable and fun.

Also, is it possible for someone to change the Best Friend's medal into a complete heart? The broken heart is just very off-putting imo.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Posted this in the ZD Green launch thread, but might gain more traction here:

New Icons:

No New Posts:

rIDG1TQ.png

ovn2CUl.png

Locked:

VJoZPX4.png

Stitch

AKA Patrick
This has probably been brought up a few times before, but is there anyway we could add the ability to like blog posts and comments on blog posts?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Could avatars be wider than the current restriction? I understand a height limit, and 100 pixels is more than fair for that, but their width should at least be able to match the userbars right above them without any issues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom