• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Here are some Smilies I think we could add:

ehnTU.gif

mfyfZ.gif

rsMxr.gif

confuse.gif

e9hHh.png

scareo.png

We can't have the black ones, remember?

Anyway I approve of the others.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have an idea.

The username colours are stupid and dumb bleh bleh bleh.

So like, instead of username colours to show a rank or usergroup, why not like, the username be preceeded by a symbol, or like, have special fonts for the names. Guys, hepl me out here.

I have an idea.

So like, instead of username colours to show a rank or usergroup, why not like, the username be preceeded by a symbol, or like, have special fonts for the names. Guys, hepl me out here.

I'd rather get rid of all username colors (except those that need it) and non essential ranks, but I've been saying this for a while.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have an idea.

I'm pretty sure that's what the icons under our usernames are for. Though, I suppose putting small icons next to our usernames, like how the gender icons are, would decrease post bit space (if that even matters, I really don't know). I do like the colors, though. So maybe a combination of the two.

But I'd only want them to appear in thread posts. Seeing icons like that in the chatbox would be a little weird and unnecessary to me. I do sort of like your idea, though.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, since people have multiple ranks, having multiple icons next to their usernames would just take up unnecessary space. So it's probably better to leave it the way it is.

Last edited:

Clank

Hmm
I have an idea.

The reason I support the colors and banners(those under the name) is that you can easily tell what rank someone is at a glance and people that don't know the ranks can check the banners.

I believe I suggested this before, but threads you can post in daily like Daily Happy, Depressing, and the Song thread should have their own subforum to prevent other threads from being overlooked. Posts in those daily threads would still count towards post count, but they wouldn't show up in the SB.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have a suggestion that will probably get shot down immediately, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I feel like there should be a change in the name changing policy that allows 2 username changes. Now, I know the rule is there to avoid confusion and abusing of name changes, but I feel like 2 changes could be better than just 1. Humans are flawed and can make mistakes pretty easily. We could spend hours debating over a name change and go in to the change feeling confident that you won't have a problem with it and then want to change it a while after, or we could mess up on our original username and immediately want it changed which wastes your username change because you aren't very good at choosing usernames while registering. And you could put in another policy that you have to wait a certain amount of time after the first change so you don't mess up a second time, and maybe put in a policy that you need a valid reason for staff to accept your change. I just feel like allowing only one could leave people making a mistake and regretting it the rest of their time here. I know you could argue that a mistake can still be made after the 2nd change, but "3rd time's the charm" and if you make a mistake in your 2nd change after messing up once or even twice on your username than you should deal with not thinking it through carefully. Now, I know if says think it through carefully the first time, but you could really be confident that you will like your new username and then hate it a year later. If someone really wants a second change they'll think about it for a long time and be careful with their decision.

This will leave more room for error and will put less pressure on choosing your original name and your name change.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I feel like there should be a change in the name changing policy that allows 2 username changes.

Solution: Have users buy username changes. It would certainly add more purpose to the otherwise useless gold (I hardly use my gold anymore). I also feel like a waiting period would be in order, perhaps several months? This would ensure that users would be unable to abuse this system.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I have a suggestion that will probably get shot down immediately, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I feel like there should be a change in the name changing policy that allows 2 username changes. Now, I know the rule is there to avoid confusion and abusing of name changes, but I feel like 2 changes could be better than just 1. Humans are flawed and can make mistakes pretty easily. We could spend hours debating over a name change and go in to the change feeling confident that you won't have a problem with it and then want to change it a while after, or we could mess up on our original username and immediately want it changed which wastes your username change because you aren't very good at choosing usernames while registering. And you could put in another policy that you have to wait a certain amount of time after the first change so you don't mess up a second time, and maybe put in a policy that you need a valid reason for staff to accept your change. I just feel like allowing only one could leave people making a mistake and regretting it the rest of their time here. I know you could argue that a mistake can still be made after the 2nd change, but "3rd time's the charm" and if you make a mistake in your 2nd change after messing up once or even twice on your username than you should deal with not thinking it through carefully. Now, I know if says think it through carefully the first time, but you could really be confident that you will like your new username and then hate it a year later. If someone really wants a second change they'll think about it for a long time and be careful with their decision.

This will leave more room for error and will put less pressure on choosing your original name and your name change.

I've been wanting to change my username for awhile, because a lot of confusion happens because of a similarity to another member's username. The only problem is that I'm not sure if the username I plan on switching to is one I'd want to keep here forever. I'd love to be able to change mine now to avoid confusion with another member's, but have the chance to change it sometime in the future (probably months if not more from now). Idk if this will help, but I thought I would share to give people a better understanding for reasons why someone might want/need more than one name change:)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Solution: Have users buy username changes. It would certainly add more purpose to the otherwise useless gold (I hardly use my gold anymore). I also feel like a waiting period would be in order, perhaps several months? This would ensure that users would be unable to abuse this system.

That would be a good idea if it was still limited, the price was high, and users will have to wait at least a year to avoid abuse.

Which is basically what you said :cooky:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
That would be a good idea if it was still limited, the price was high, and users will have to wait at least a year to avoid abuse.

Which is basically what you said :cooky:

Uhm... that's not exactly what I said? The price should be high, at least 1,500-2,000 gold. This encourages posting (albeit it may encourage spam, it does add life to this forum (which we kinda need)). And I said in my post "several months", I'm talking 5-6 -- not 12 as you'd suggested. That time frame is enough for a user to regain his/her/their gold and request another change. Besides, it's not like every user on this forum is going to want a username change right off the bat.

Erebea said:
no

i changed my name once, to Erebea, and it wasn't a mistake

your argument is invalid
your face is invalid

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I do agree that we should be given more than one username change during our whole stay here, on ZD. But I also agree with the reasoning for keeping one username change - to avoid confusion. But really, old members leave, and new members come. The forum community is constantly changing. One name change won't turn the community upside down.

But there really should be a limit. I don't think members should be allowed 2 username changes a year. 1 should be maximum. People should also not be encouraged to just change their name for the sake of it, because they can. But if they have an actual reason to, not changing their name just for fun knowing fully well they would do it again in a year. Making this an expensive market feature can help this problem. But also maybe putting another limit, like 3 username changes in a period of 5 years, should make them think twice before just changing their name for the fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom