• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I believe Locke stated it in the SB earlier, but it's probably because people are or will abuse the system and post something rude and/or insulting and will delete before anyone else gets to see and thus there will be a flood of blogs that the mods and Locke will have to go through and they already have a lot in their plate as of late. That's probably why it is enabled for only those with ranks Yay, i feel special once again

Currently enabled for everyone until someone "abuses" it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm not expecting a "flood of blogs." There's just that one case in a million when it'd be nice to see a blog that caused a problem except the troublemaker deleted it to cover his or her tracks. There are other times when one might want to bring back a deleted blog too, whether it was problematic or not. Forum posts are soft-delete-only. There's a setting to show or hide forum post deletion messages from members (they should currently be only visible to mods - or can the author of the post see them?), but unfortunately there isn't one for blogs.

As for awards, yeah I haven't been paying them any attention, and I don't think anyone else has either (if they even have access to the nominations). There is currently behind-the-scenes discussion that will fix this.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm not expecting a "flood of blogs." There's just that one case in a million when it'd be nice to see a blog that caused a problem except the troublemaker deleted it to cover his or her tracks. There are other times when one might want to bring back a deleted blog too, whether it was problematic or not. Forum posts are soft-delete-only. There's a setting to show or hide forum post deletion messages from members (they should currently be only visible to mods - or can the author of the post see them?), but unfortunately there isn't one for blogs.
Ah ok, I see what you mean. Thanks for the correction.

As for awards, yeah I haven't been paying them any attention, and I don't think anyone else has either (if they even have access to the nominations). There is currently behind-the-scenes discussion that will fix this.

Yea I believe everyone can go and check out the award section and either request or recommend an award as I did earlier this month. To find them, you must go to the award quick link and the options will be displayed to the right of the Golden fro awards.
7LXmr.png

Terminus

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Thanks for the correction.

Yea I believe everyone can go and check out the award section and either request or recommend an award as I did earlier this month. To find them, you must go to the award quick link and the options will be displayed to the right of the Golden fro awards.
7LXmr.png

I think that's an HK-specific link. If not, how does one get there?

Niobium said:
I think that's an HK-specific link. If not, how does one get there?

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/awards.php

Also, I just spent some fixing and refining some emotes that have been bothering a lot of people, so, if the old ones could be replaced with the fixed versions, that'd be great.
http://puu.sh/7M3iP.zip

I also made a Yuga emote a while back, if you wanted to add it to the list. d:
7M1xc

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what.

I first discovered this on accident. I remember buying a second username shadow from the vBshop for whatever reason, and enabling it. After I did that, my action messages in the SB began having a shadow as well.

AyyEhON.png

And just for clarification, it does work in the other skins as well.

What I noticed, though, is that it doesn't seem to work for everybody. So I'm thinking it may be some sort of glitch.
I used to be able to have a different shadow for my username and /me messages, but now it seems I can only have one, and I also can't seem to be able to get rid of it.

What I'm wondering is if we're really supposed to be able to have coloured actions, because it doesn't seem like something that was intended to be in the script.

If it's possible, I think that option should be enabled for all users, or simply removed altogether, because it doesn't seem fair for some people to have it but others to not.

EDIT:

After looking again, I found that it works for me with only one shadow enabled, but it never used to. I guess that confirms that it's some sort of weird glitch.

Terminus

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what.

I first discovered this on accident. I remember buying a second username shadow from the vBshop for whatever reason, and enabling it. After I did that, my action messages in the SB began having a shadow as well.

AyyEhON.png

And just for clarification, it does work in the other skins as well.

What I noticed, though, is that it doesn't seem to work for everybody. So I'm thinking it may be some sort of glitch.
I used to be able to have a different shadow for my username and /me messages, but now it seems I can only have one, and I also can't seem to be able to get rid of it.

What I'm wondering is if we're really supposed to be able to have coloured actions, because it doesn't seem like something that was intended to be in the script.

If it's possible, I think that option should be enabled for all users, or simply removed altogether, because it doesn't seem fair for some people to have it but others to not.

I only have 1 shadow, and it does the same to me. What I HAVE noticed is some people have Black Text when they do "/me" even on ZD Brown, which is illegible. Perhaps that's a glitch as well.

Kybyrian

New themes have been talked about a few times before, and I'd like to bring the topic up again. Here's a suggestion for a potential theme:

http://puu.sh/7Mjlf.jpg

http://puu.sh/7Mjo2.jpg

Can I make a suggestion on the theme? I think it would look better with a wrapper/container around the actual forums (the index body, forum view body, etc.) with a differing background so everything doesn't seem to "float" in space and look free on the webpage without some superior grouping element. I think it would help the "Forum," "Test Forum," "Description," layout look a lot better and help to keep things looking controlled.

I outlined where I thought it would be good to highlight what I'm thinking:

7NrZY.png

Also, you'll notice that I moved the header up and the body down to prevent clipping the background banner with the wrapper. Filling out this space with a different, lighter background (one that's not so hard/rough, if you understand what I mean in terms of the texture of the current background) was my idea.

Edit...

Perhaps something like this, except with an actually different texture and margins that aren't so hacked out. Maybe some tweaking on lightness as well, but this gets the idea out there.

7NsY8.png

Last edited:
It looks worse with a background like that. Decreasing the doc_margin and moving the header up makes it look better, but I don't like having a background for the forum container in this case, doesn't really add anything.

Kybyrian

It looks worse with a background like that. Decreasing the doc_margin and moving the header up makes it look better, but I don't like having a background for the forum container in this case, doesn't really add anything.

Alright, I just thought that it helped things seem less "freefloating" on the webpage where labels appeared unassociated with the elements which they helped to represent. I've also never liked stark contrast, i.e. vastly brighter, solid elements on exceptionally darker, textured elements.

That said... I think the theme looks great as it is and would still like to see it implemented.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Should design our own theme. Plenty of graphic artists on here. Could be a fun site project. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom