• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't see why this has any impact on why the rules aren't being upheld. I'm sure the mods power in this situation doesn't end at a warning...
And who says they don't get infracted after being warned several times? Sometimes the users with the large signatures aren't always that active or don't post a lot so when someone is replying to a thread with many replies it's easy to overlook that person with the large signature. If you notice someone with an oversized siggy then you know what to do. Report it. That way it can never be missed by any mod. Btw several people with oversized signatures have been informed to resize their siggy. I personally think the wall of text should disappear and maybe it should be either text or one spoiler tag. The biggest trouble with the oversized sigs is the wall of text or many spoiler tags in it

Last edited:

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
The biggest trouble with the oversized sigs is the wall of text or many spoiler tags in it

I completely agree. And I've been warned for having sig pic at the rules set and then infracted after I shrunk the sig. It wasn't until AFTER I got infracted that they told me is was because of the SINGLE LINE of text that I had in it.

So very happy those Mods are no longer mods as they seem to have purposely left out the relevant information until they moved to punishment; all the while they kept a huge stack of text/pics in a spoiler tag. Even without the spoiler tag being expanded, their little setup was still much larger than my original sig and single text line. Can we say hypocritical?

Edit:

Also, I really do believe this would do this site and it's members some good:

As for a suggestion for the site. After seeing most HKs and HNs bully, talk down to, and in some cases harass members on this forum; one HK was even banned twice for trolling me while there are currently HKs and HNs taking shots at not only me but others as well. I feel there needs to be a new justice system associated with them:

If an HK is reported on 3 three times for violations of the forums rules no matter how minute and the mods deem the reports legitamate (Key part there), they should lose their HK/HN status and not be allowed to even be voted back in for at least 6 months (Meaning they may never get it back). This will ensure that they uphold their duty to be "Role Models" instead of the current "I've got some color on my name and that means I can treat you like crap". If they are voted back and removed three times, they are perminantly banned from ever being made an HK/HN.

If you're worried about there eventually being no HKs/HNs or worried that they'll just stop being active out of fear, then that's more than enough to see that you fully concede that there's an issue with the individuals who are voted to that status.

Last edited:
And who says they don't get infracted after being warned several times?
The way you worded the post made it sound like there was nothing more that could be done. Evidently, you didn't mean it so, but it came across as "well we've warned them, what else are we supposed to do?"

lazarusryu said:
Lots of irony is found in that the biggest complainers of the large sigs have a **** ton of text/images under a spoiler's tag. It's like they're saying "We want a huge goddamn signature but don't wish to see others openly have something 1/4 or 1/6 of what we got." Lose the crap under the spoiler tags and I'll take you guys seriously.
What, may I ask, is the issue in having content under spoiler tags? The purpose of the signature limit is a physical size limit intended to stop cluttering of threads and, to a lesser degree, prevent absurd amounts of data being on each page (from what I've gleamed anyway). If a person puts something in a spoiler tag and their signature is under the size limit when they're closed, what's the problem? It's out of the way to those who don't wish to see it.

I hate large signatures. Not because I want more content than others (as you're implying the "complainers" do), but because it's seriously untidy. If a person cleans away their content under a spoiler tag then that's fine by me, as their signature is conforming to the rules whilst allowing those who want it to have a further peek into's a persons content. Honestly, with the logic it takes you to complain about content inside spoiler tags you may as well complain about links in a signature too. Both methods hide away cluttering content behind features that conceal it until clicked.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I personally would rather see one spoiler tag than 2,3 or more though. Or rather one line of text. Large signatures makes it harder to scroll down because some really slow down a pc.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I am the only one who isn't that bothered by what size a specific sig is?

So what if it's a few pixels over the limit... Does it really matter? Is it something that you will lose sleep over? I could see if someone's signature was exceedingly big but that's very rare, a lot of sigs do go over the limit but it's nothing worth of infracting or banning said member. There should be leniency as it isn't anything truly bad and I don't see why people complain so much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like JC said, is a large siggy anything to lose sleep over. No? Then capiche. It's a non-issue in its entirety.

The Joker

What, may I ask, is the issue in having content under spoiler tags?

Nothing so long as you don't ***** about large signatures because it clearly makes you a hypocrite. I mean, the fact that you have so much **** under that tag means that you OBVIOUSLY want a large signature while casting a thinly veiled self-rightous, have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too attitude while fighting against lesser sins to make yourself feel superior. I mean, look at just how much **** that goddamn signature makes up when the spoiler tag is expanded:

9409303191_55145153e1.jpg

... doesn't need a dollar, but a few quid would be great!

A word of warning to the unwise,

No longer will I tolerate disrespectful or rude posters. Should you regularly make posts that are clearly intended as demeaning to any member I will simply report and block you. In days gone by I would have argued, to get you to change.

Not anymore.

Your friendly neighbourhood lizard,
TheBlueReptile

9411800940_7bb82858ce.jpg

Are you absolutely sure you're against large signatures? Because from what I'm seeing, you want a big ****ing signature. BIGGER than those you're complaining about! You're complaining about people who go over a few pixels while you have two large images and a **** ton of text in yours. So yeah, you're a hypocrite and literally have zero right to complain about someone's splinter when you've got a goddamn cabin.

I hate large signatures.

Yeah, sorry. No. The crap under your goddamn spoiler tag says otherwise. If there was no limit and no spoiler tags, you'd have that crap out in the open. Otherwise, why do you even have it there to begin with? Don't try to fool yourself into thinking you're different, you're just worse.

Edit: Looking at it now, your sig is bigger than this ****ing post. Good job.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Guys of course a few pixels over the limit is not a problem. If someone has a size like 265 px in height it is not an issue. It is more like those sigs which are extremely oversized. Like 300 or 400 pixels and up. This is often caused by text and spoiler tags. It's not a bad thing to have those in your siggy but it can get out of hand.

Now please let's not argue here and just keep this thread for suggestions and not for fights and arguments. Back on topic now ;)

The Joker

Your wish is my command. In fact, I'll just go back to my original suggestion. I really do want this to be done:

As for a suggestion for the site. After seeing most HKs and HNs bully, talk down to, and in some cases harass members on this forum; one HK was even banned twice for trolling me while there are currently HKs and HNs taking shots at not only me but others as well. I feel there needs to be a new justice system associated with them:

If an HK is reported on 3 three times for violations of the forums rules no matter how minute and the mods deem the reports legitamate (Key part there), they should lose their HK/HN status and not be allowed to even be voted back in for at least 6 months (Meaning they may never get it back). This will ensure that they uphold their duty to be "Role Models" instead of the current "I've got some color on my name and that means I can treat you like crap". If they are voted back and removed three times, they are perminantly banned from ever being made an HK/HN.

If you're worried about there eventually being no HKs/HNs or worried that they'll just stop being active out of fear, then that's more than enough to see that you fully concede that there's an issue with the individuals who are voted to that status.

Dan

Oh man I was late for the signature argument, **** I had written down so much research theories and arguments down on these 100+ pieces of papers! Dang it! Well perhaps we can tackle another super serious issue on the forum, how light peoples avatars are, personally when I'm sitting in my basement in the dark, I will turn on my laptop and load up ZD look at someones avatar and it will slightly hurt my eyes, I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION, NO lifes goal to call out these light people!

Let's get serious though I do agree that LaZ makes an interesting point, I must hear more opinions on this please.

The Joker

I still stand by my suggestion and want it implemented, especially since nearly every HK/HN continues to be disrespectful to me and many other members:

This new system will guarantee that the current, horrible individuals that treat regular members like crap will be flushed out and make sure that any others will be decent people.

The ranking system is a great way to add incentive to posters to post high quality posts and be rewarded. I propose we add a few more ranks. Here is my suggestion for the new ranking system:

Commander Rank
Sub-commander Rank
Lieutenant Commander Rank
Jr. Lieutenant Commander Rank
Noble Rank
Knight Rank
Royal Guard 1st Rank
Royal Guard 2nd Rank
Royal Guard 3rd Rank
Administrator Rank
Vice Administrator Rank
Assistant to the Vice Administrator Rank