• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

[Small] Images don't load on postbits when they are first posted. I have to refresh to page in order to see any emotes, online status images, and such-and-such to a post that I just submitted. Probably an issue with the new server that has yet to be resolved, but I figure I'm not the only one experiencing this. If there is any simple way to resolve this, that would be wonderful because even some of the useful linked images in other forum features are nonexistent until I reload.

Well this is more of a complaint than anything, but when going to delete things like the Blogs, you have to go to the advanced thing (i.e. actually click on your blog that you want to delete) before you can do the deletion. But, normally I'd just hit the Blog button at the index, then hit the pencil in the list of blogs, hit the Delete Radio button, then go about my business. For comparison,

I'd typically just hit the pencil at the list of blogs.
h9jg658.png

But nope, can't do that with deleting things. Have to actually click on the blog.
shZXqZB.png

So my little complaint is basically that we get the ability to delete things without clicking on the blog removed. It's supposed to be there to avoid the extra step of clicking on the blog, but it doesn't work at least not for me. ;p

In other words, the blog section in general feels somewhat "incomplete." Seriously, background customization and such were implemented, great, but why in Nirvana's name can't I [hard] delete my blog entries? They just sit there, hogging up lots of space. Clutter. What's more is there isn't even a way to delete one's own individual blog comments...

[Small] Images don't load on postbits when they are first posted. I have to refresh to page in order to see any emotes, online status images, and such-and-such to a post that I just submitted. Probably an issue with the new server that has yet to be resolved, but I figure I'm not the only one experiencing this. If there is any simple way to resolve this, that would be wonderful because even some of the useful linked images in other forum features are nonexistent until I reload.

You, too? So I am not alone...

Salem

SICK
To be honest, I like the sub-sections. World of Zelda is basically anything Zelda-related, while the others are slightly more specific, meaning you'll find what you're looking for a lot easier.

For example, a lot of possible theory related discussions may become lost with the large amount of threads and activity within that section - by having its own section; it allows for easier navigation and whatnot. Same goes for the new Zelda game threads - basically just easier navigation. Having all set sections merged would be too cluttered in my opinion.
That's why there's a prefix for each thread, that way we will always know what that thread will be about. I honestly see the less subsections, the less clutter.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
That's way there's a prefix for each thread, that way we will always know what that thread will be about. I honestly see the less subsections, the less clutter.
Well prefixes can separate the threads somewhat, but it's just a lot easier to have sub sections in my opinion. I don't see the disadvantages of having them. I want to go and look at theories; I look in the theory section, if I want to go and discuss the upcoming installments; I look in those specific sections.

I don't think it's a bad idea as such, but I just like the convenience of the sub sections, just my opinion though.

That's why there's a prefix for each thread, that way we will always know what that thread will be about. I honestly see the less subsections, the less clutter.

Well, I think that it's a terrible idea, and we've already gone over this over 9000 times in the past. It's better the way it is now. Plus, those standalone boards for Zelda U/A Link Between Worlds and Pokemon X & Y are there for a reason, as they are the official highlights rn, and deserve the spotlight. This is quite the norm in forum communities... Like Skyward Sword and the games preceding it, they will be merged into their respective sections when their hype recedes and they become less of a main attraction. And don't even get me started on the Theory section; it has already been merged in the past (from its status as standalone board, and there is no need to supermerge it into that fustercluck of World of Zelda or extirpate it altogether, especially when it's hard enough to get one's own theories noticed as is.

For more info, please consult the backlogs...

I miss when we had even MORE Zelda sub forums. One for each era, like classic, N64, GBA Advance games etc etc.

Me too. Honestly, instead of cramming all of the DGN forums under one block, I kind of think we could just let each series get its own. I know, it'd make the index really long, but most people expect from a forum for the franchise they're following (whether it be Zelda, Pokemon, Darksiders, whatever) to have more than one or two forum sections to discuss. Just saying.

Salem

SICK
Okay Theory might ok of it let alone.

I miss when we had even MORE Zelda sub forums. One for each era, like classic, N64, GBA Advance games etc etc.

Me too. Honestly, instead of cramming all of the DGN forums under one block, I kind of think we could just let each series get its own. I know, it'd make the index really long, but most people expect from a forum for the franchise they're following (whether it be Zelda, Pokemon, Darksiders, whatever) to have more than one or two forum sections to discuss. Just saying.
It becomes inconvenient when too many section are active at once.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It becomes in convenient when too many section are active at once.

More activity is better for me; I know it's painstaking for the mods, but I really hate seeing this place in lull periods. I prefer having discussion - and it seemed the multiple subboards granted that. But even moreso, as a member of Zelda Dungeon, I prefer being able to make threads in specific sections and *knowing* they belong in that section. World of Zelda, for example, is hard to make topics in personally speaking. I never know if a thread should be posted there or elsewhere. Back when it was General Modern, General Classic, and Zelda Game Help, I always knew what to post and where. And I mean, I know the tags "General Modern" and "General Classic" do exist, but most don't even read the thing and just read the topic title, so it's hard to generate discussion there. :/

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It becomes inconvenient when too many section are active at once.
I'm just curious, but what about it is so inconvenient? As far as I can see, there is no legitimate problems with this, it just separates topics that should be focused on what section it's in. It allows users to navigate the topics they want to find in a neat and uncluttered section.

Linkage

Cucco Tamer
I thought of a new game we could have on the forum arcade: Cubefield.

If you search it on google you will find the Information, it's a great game, and it has a scoring system.

Not sure if this has been proposed in the past and don't care to go searching to find out, but what about a Science [and Mathematics] section under General Chitchat? Originally I thought to perhaps include it in the Technology section, Science and Technology. But it's something that would no doubt require a more formal and serious demeanor than most others, and Technology already seems to have enough activity to justify it being a separate section.

The trigger for this idea was that upon wanting to post a section regarding whether or not the universe truly is infinite I couldn't find a section it was suited to. Mature Discussion was the best suited as it was a topic that couldn't afford to fall prey to posts that consist of a single image, or sarcastic one-liners. But in itself it isn't a mature topic. There's similar topics I'd wish to discuss like division by zero and laboratory farmed meat products that aren't informal enough to include in General Discussion, but have no solid place anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom