• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
MY sig is 250 in height and not 270 and it is not like members get infracted for that. It is more like they get warned when it is like 300 px in height

The image is ~250px, but the text underneath of it is still apart of your signature as a whole. Therefore it amounts to ~270px, which is technically over the limit. If we increased the limit, this wouldn't even be a problem, but since we haven't, it is to me.

Why are the moderators handling something that could be handled by a script. When a person goes and creates a signature that's too big, then they get an error telling them so. You could even overlay a box (which measures the maximum width and height allowed), and then display that on top of the signature that's too big, and thus allowing the user to see how much they should remove in order to stay within bounds.

Unless of course the whole signature thing isn't really that big of a problem.

Please bring back, improve, or introduce some kind of Announcement system...

How many blogs have there been regarding the site errors, removal of the "Likes" system, and suchlike now? My point is, all of such confusion and unrest could have been drastically mitigated if there were some kind of Announcement system or something similar in place to let us all know what's going on. A bulletin, a post in the community section, anything... The lack of participation and communication between the mods and everyone else on this forum is disturbing. Seriously, it's like a silently approaching death. I hope this isn't the case...

Dan

I request we have Digimon as well as Pokemon this is seriously what's literally bringing down the forums.

Why are the moderators handling something that could be handled by a script. When a person goes and creates a signature that's too big, then they get an error telling them so. You could even overlay a box (which measures the maximum width and height allowed), and then display that on top of the signature that's too big, and thus allowing the user to see how much they should remove in order to stay within bounds.

Unless of course the whole signature thing isn't really that big of a problem.

If I recall, there was some serious consideration of doing this about a year ago. But the issue is that we allow members to compress additional things in spoiler tags that technically exceed the limit while opened. Since the spoiler tags toggle, the contents will get cut off and kind of make it impossible to implement.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well this is more of a complaint than anything, but when going to delete things like the Blogs, you have to go to the advanced thing (i.e. actually click on your blog that you want to delete) before you can do the deletion. But, normally I'd just hit the Blog button at the index, then hit the pencil in the list of blogs, hit the Delete Radio button, then go about my business. For comparison,

I'd typically just hit the pencil at the list of blogs.
h9jg658.png

But nope, can't do that with deleting things. Have to actually click on the blog.
shZXqZB.png

So my little complaint is basically that we get the ability to delete things without clicking on the blog removed. It's supposed to be there to avoid the extra step of clicking on the blog, but it doesn't work at least not for me. ;p

If I recall, there was some serious consideration of doing this about a year ago. But the issue is that we allow members to compress additional things in spoiler tags that technically exceed the limit while opened. Since the spoiler tags toggle, the contents will get cut off and kind of make it impossible to implement.

The check would work when the person submits or previews the signature in the editing phase, and it wouldn't include what was in the spoiler tags. You would however set a fixed height for a spoiler tag that's closed so that you couldn't implement an unlimited amount of them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A great suggestion would be for the forum staff to talk to us non-staffers...at least via the Announcement system. We are so out of the loop regarding like everything.
- Like system
- Shoutbox
- Advanced Searching (or at least before)

please can you guys give us ETAs or something?

Big Octo

=^)
A great suggestion would be for the forum staff to talk to us non-staffers...at least via the Announcement system. We are so out of the loop regarding like everything.
- Like system
- Shoutbox
- Advanced Searching (or at least before)

please can you guys give us ETAs or something?

For real. I know Mases is busy with the ZD Marathon and everything, but I'm sure that even the smallest of updates regarding the situation would be helpful. As of now, I feel like we're being left in the dark.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Should all Zelda subforums be merged with World of Zelda?
To be honest, I like the sub-sections. World of Zelda is basically anything Zelda-related, while the others are slightly more specific, meaning you'll find what you're looking for a lot easier.

For example, a lot of possible theory related discussions may become lost with the large amount of threads and activity within that section - by having its own section; it allows for easier navigation and whatnot. Same goes for the new Zelda game threads - basically just easier navigation. Having all set sections merged would be too cluttered in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom