• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Just a small thing: When you use the PM feature on the SB, if you use quotation marks it will not send at all.
This is something I may actually be able to fix... I know what's causing it, at least.

...never mind, I don't know what's causing it.

I figured out what's causing it and applied a hotfix, but I'm certain I broke something else by doing it, so let me know if you find what else broke. It'd probably have something to do with popup dialog boxes.

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm wondering, with emotes exceeding 20x20 have supposedly been removed, how come there are still several left that exceeds the size restriction? And how come some of the emotes that were removed did not exceed the size restrictions?

Kybyrian

I'm wondering, with emotes exceeding 20x20 have supposedly been removed, how come there are still several left that exceeds the size restriction? And how come some of the emotes that were removed did not exceed the size restrictions?

All that were removed did exceed the size restriction. I believe they images are still in the database to where I could check them, actually. I personally checked the dimensions of every image and removed them selectively. As for those that remain over the size restriction, they have likely either been recently uploaded or are from the default forum smiley set we have had in place for years.

Kirino

Tatakae
they have likely either been recently uploaded or are from the default forum smiley set we have had in place for years.

Actually, :vaati:, :daphnes:, and :ezlo: aren't that recent, and exceed the size limit by quite a bit. More recent ones that only exceed the limit slightly were removed, but not these. I figured that they weren't removed on purpose because they were Zelda related.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
What about instead of making the "currency" on here Gold, it's more series-based?

By this I mean that the forum layouts can have monetary names from the respective series. In my mind it could work out like this:

-Default/Dark themes = Zelda, so the currency would show up as Rupees in posts
-Pokemon Dungeons theme = Pokemon, so the currency would show up as Pokedollars in posts
-Darksiders theme = Darksiders, so the currency would show up as Gilt in posts
-Gengame... Not sure exactly, but maybe it could stick to Gold

Perhaps this has already been thought through, but if not I think it would an interesting way of bringing each theme to life.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What about instead of making the "currency" on here Gold, it's more series-based?

By this I mean that the forum layouts can have monetary names from the respective series. In my mind it could work out like this:

-Pokemon Dungeons theme = Pokemon, so the currency would show up as Pokedollars in posts

Perhaps this has already been thought through, but if not I think it would an interesting way of bringing each theme to life.
I think that this is a great idea, it would fit well with the site.

I think that there should be an extra section for RPG/Mafia sign ups to make it easier to know what's what.

A subforum for sign ups sounds like a good idea too.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
This may seem trivial, but I think in the list of Gifts people can give in the Gift Shop, there should be a Cupcake. I want to send people cupcakes and write "Would you like a cupcake, love?" like 2p!England.

Djinn

and Tonic
Actually, :vaati:, :daphnes:, and :ezlo: aren't that recent, and exceed the size limit by quite a bit. More recent ones that only exceed the limit slightly were removed, but not these. I figured that they weren't removed on purpose because they were Zelda related.

I think there was some confusion over which emotes might have always been there and which were recently added. I think it was assumed majority of the Zelda related ones were always there before.

I don't think this could be accomplished since all the gold is handled through a separate plugin and is not really a part of the forum themes. It does allow for multiple currencies but that would probably just complicate things without any need.

I think that there should be an extra section for RPG/Mafia sign ups to make it easier to know what's what.

Hmm, not too sure if another section is needed just for that. I seem to have a hard enough time getting the admin to bend on any newer forums already. There seems to be a general idea that if a section is not going to be heavily used then it is only taking up space.

This may seem trivial, but I think in the list of Gifts people can give in the Gift Shop, there should be a Cupcake. I want to send people cupcakes and write "Would you like a cupcake, love?" like 2p!England.

I have been open to suggestion for other things to add to the shops. When they were opened I made this thread just so people could send some ideas in. I have been thinking of adding in some random stuff in the gift shop like good musician, etc.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Is there any way to organise the emotes list into groups or anything? It's become extremely cluttered what with the upload feature being present. Grouping them into themes that fit together (eg. Zelda, Doctor Who) would be nice.

Last edited:
Is there any way to organise the emotes list into groups or anything? It's become extremely cluttered what with the upload feature being present. Grouping them into themes that fit together (eg. Zelda, Doctor Who) would be nice.

I was actually thinking that we needed a new emote category. In the market, they let you choose which of the two directories--"Generic Smilies" and "Imported Smilies"--to upload it to, but for some reason, only half of the uploaders know better than to put it under "Imported Smilies". I think just creating a new directory called something along the lines of "Market-Uploaded Smilies" or "Purchased Smilies" and transferring all of the already uploaded smilies under that would hepl to organize it. And make that directory where all following smilies will be uploaded to by default, and provide no option for them to be uploaded to the other directories. The lack of organization on the uploaders' part is just rather bothersome, in my onion, and it wouldn't take too much work to fix.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm...I'm still advocating the idea of a Zelda Dungeon video competition. While my own group has reached very, very little success, I feel a full-scale blowout of news would attract so many people just for the gold. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom